Kimi Raikkonen's incredibly bad luck

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
iceman_fan90

Kimi Raikkonen's incredibly bad luck

Post by iceman_fan90 »

During Webber's last season we had a similar thread here tracking all of the misfortunes that mysteriously seem to affect only Webber. It seems that a similar thread is needed for Kimi. This thread will track all the misfortune that befalls Kimi this season

Aus GP:
1. Gets hit by the teammate in lap 1 causing him to lose places and suffer front wing damage
2. Team screws up the removal of the left rear tyre during the first set of pitstops causing him to lose significant time
3. Team screws up the left rear again in the second pit stop and tops it off with an unsafe release ultimately causing Kimi to retire

Teammate has an incident free race and finishes on the podium

Malaysian GP:
1. Team lets Vettel out early giving him room to put out a clean lap whereas Kimi is held back mysteriously and released into traffic causing him to miss Q3
Last edited by iceman_fan90 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PzR Slim

Re: Kimi Raikkonen's incredibly bad luck

Post by PzR Slim »

There are some incredibly sad people on here.
If...

Quark

Post by Quark »

Please STOP!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Quark on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

mds

Post by mds »

iceman_fan90 wrote:1. Gets hit by the teammate in lap 1 causing him to lose places and suffer front wing damage
]

Oh at least get your facts straight. He didn't get hit by Vettel, he got hit by Sainz. And it was Sainz who lost some of his front wing.
Go Vandoorne :( - Verstappen - Vettel!

iceman_fan90

Post by iceman_fan90 »

mds wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:1. Gets hit by the teammate in lap 1 causing him to lose places and suffer front wing damage
]

Oh at least get your facts straight. He didn't get hit by Vettel, he got hit by Sainz. And it was Sainz who lost some of his front wing.

He got nicked by Vettel as well... he lost part of his wing as mentioned by Kravitz after his first pitstop

mds

Post by mds »

iceman_fan90 wrote:
mds wrote:
]

He got nicked by Vettel as well... he lost part of his wing as mentioned by Kravitz after his first pitstop

He did not get anything by Vettel. Vettel had the inside, left space, and the two did not touch.
I'm looking at top views of the start as I write this. Suggest you do the same.

jammin78

Post by jammin78 »

I predict this thread wont last long enough to track an entire season's worth of anything :P
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Unlucky race yes but like Kimi would say that's life.

Prema

Post by Prema »

mds wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:
mds wrote:
]

He did not get anything by Vettel. Vettel had the inside, left space, and the two did not touch.

hopeless case

Mercedes-Benz

Post by Mercedes-Benz »

I thought he already pass Vettel in the start but he was outbraked and Vettel moved his car before he got the inside line which meant Kimi was a sitting target for others to crash into. Also 2 times had problem in pits and was in traffic before that. But his qualifying was good by his standard in spite him loosing 0.3sec in 1st sector. It was unfortunate but I question Vettel move in the start. Obviously he was not going to let Kimi go around the outside but hopefully he will be in receiving end very soon :twisted:

Worst thing could happen is due to unsafe release hope he does not gets penalty for Sepang.
Sir Stirling Moss "Quite frankly, Kimi Raikkonen is the fastest driver in the world"

Prema

Post by Prema »

Mercedes-Benz wrote:I thought he already pass Vettel in the start but he was outbraked and Vettel moved his car before he got the inside line which meant Kimi was a sitting target for others to crash into.

Right, and that's what is being called... racing.

jammin78

Post by jammin78 »

Prema wrote:
Mercedes-Benz wrote:I thought he already pass Vettel in the start but he was outbraked and Vettel moved his car before he got the inside line which meant Kimi was a sitting target for others to crash into.

Right, and that's what is being called... racing.

Remember, racing is what people want, unless it disadvantages their driver, in which case racing is bad... Very bad.
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

mds wrote:
iceman_fan90 wrote:
mds wrote:
]

From what I saw Vettel didn't leave Kimi any space and pushed him off. As Brundle described it, he got launched over the inside kerb which pushed him wide. I thought they did touch slightly and Brundle seemed to think so, too. I'd have to look again to be sure. It's a racing incident but a little unlucky for Kimi as he got the better start and effectively ruined his race.

As for the thread. it's only one race and no need for drama just yet. The positives are that Kimi looked very, very quick today and did a sterling job overcoming his original deficit. I'd be celebrating the fact that he looks strong rather than bemoaning poor luck straightaway, although I will say that the penalty carried over to the next race for circumstances beyond his control does suck big time! :-P

Need4Naiim

Post by Need4Naiim »

It is frightening that after a normal race weekend, one gets an easy podium(i don't mean a driver, only describing a situation); but another one battles with everything here, there, right and left only to get a DNF.

Luck can beat any skill regularly if it becomes your sidekick.
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®

Sharkattack

Post by Sharkattack »

Zoue wrote:although I will say that the penalty carried over to the next race for circumstances beyond his control does suck big time! :-P

Has this been confirmed? I'm not seeing it on the main page? I really hope it isn't true but I expect it is:(.

mds

Post by mds »

Zoue wrote:From what I saw Vettel didn't leave Kimi any space and pushed him off. As Brundle described it, he got launched over the inside kerb which pushed him wide. I thought they did touch slightly and Brundle seemed to think so, too. I'd have to look again to be sure.

Vettel didn't go wider than those in front and they didn't touch.
It wasn't a chop like, say, Hamilton and Rosberg in Bahrain last year. Just an ordinary case of the driver on the inside winning. Racing 101.

And even if they had touched, then it would have been Raikkonen hitting Vettel, not the other way around.

mds

Post by mds »

Kimi about it:

No I think it was somebody behind, somebody else from behind me. I don’t think it was between us,” he told reporters after the race.

“I got hit from behind in the start and went into anti-stall because of that.

"Us" being him and Vettel.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

Sharkattack wrote:
Zoue wrote:although I will say that the penalty carried over to the next race for circumstances beyond his control does suck big time! :-P

Has this been confirmed? I'm not seeing it on the main page? I really hope it isn't true but I expect it is:(.

my understanding is that it's an automatic penalty for unsafe release

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

One race into the season is probably too soon to start a thread about Kimi's bad luck...

Yes, he was unlucky this race, but its ONE race.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

mds wrote:
Zoue wrote:From what I saw Vettel didn't leave Kimi any space and pushed him off. As Brundle described it, he got launched over the inside kerb which pushed him wide. I thought they did touch slightly and Brundle seemed to think so, too. I'd have to look again to be sure.

It wasn't a chop like, say, Hamilton and Rosberg in Bahrain last year. Just an ordinary case of the driver on the inside winning. Racing 101.

And even if they had touched, then it would have been Raikkonen hitting Vettel, not the other way around.

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Vettel did push Kimi wide and it's difficult to see what else Kimi could have done. He was alongside going into the corner. Fully agree it was a racing incident, but it was Vettel that went wide, not Kimi crowding him out. Just one of those things

cosmo

Post by cosmo »

Despite being on different strategies it seems that he had at least the same pace as Vettel(considering also the tyre differences) and also in qualifying ...i really hate Alonso, my least favorite driver, but this is showing again how good he is compared with Raikkonen/Vettel/Massa. Even the small difference between Hamilton vs Rosberg show that no driver can destroy his team mate as Alonso does...

mds

Post by mds »

Zoue wrote:
mds wrote:

I'm not sure I'd agree with that. Vettel did push Kimi wide and it's difficult to see what else Kimi could have done. He was alongside going into the corner. Fully agree it was a racing incident, but it was Vettel that went wide, not Kimi crowding him out. Just one of those things

Not sure how it's relevant how they went into the corner - at the apex Vettel already was half a car ahead. He had the corner and could choose his lines. I refer back to Bahrain last year.

And Vettel did not go wide. Just look at Massa in front of him. It seems like he was going to go wide but he held back a little so he wouldn't.

I'm watching this in 1/4 speed right now. Nothing indicates a touch and he did not run wide.

mds

Post by mds »

cosmo wrote:Despite being on different strategies it seems that he had at least the same pace as Vettel(considering also the tyre differences) and also in qualifying ...i really hate Alonso, my least favorite driver, but this is showing again how good he is compared with Raikkonen/Vettel/Massa. Even the small difference between Hamilton vs Rosberg show that no driver can destroy his team mate as Alonso does...

Vettel drives the perfect race and that shows how great Alonso is.

Can't make this up.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

iceman_fan90 wrote:Aus GP:
1. Gets hit by the teammate in lap 1 causing him to lose places and suffer front wing damage
I had the same impression when it happened, but the replay from another angle made it clear Vettel left him room and didn't touch. If anything, I would see both Vettel's and Räikkönen's pace as quite encouraging. It's a long season.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

mds wrote:
cosmo wrote:Despite being on different strategies it seems that he had at least the same pace as Vettel(considering also the tyre differences) and also in qualifying ...i really hate Alonso, my least favorite driver, but this is showing again how good he is compared with Raikkonen/Vettel/Massa. Even the small difference between Hamilton vs Rosberg show that no driver can destroy his team mate as Alonso does...

Can't make this up.

Quite. Perhaps best to take poster's declaration of "hate" with a pinch of salt :D .

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

mds wrote:Not sure how it's relevant how they went into the corner - at the apex Vettel already was half a car ahead. He had the corner and could choose his lines. I refer back to Bahrain last year.
Being half a car length up at the apex doesn't mean a driver can choose his lines, if that means crowding a car off the track.
I'm surprised at the number of people who think being even slightly further up the road means anything, except going across the finish line, of course.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

LKS1 wrote:
mds wrote:

Can't make this up.

Quite. Perhaps best to take poster's declaration of "hate" with a pinch of salt :D .
And yet, look at how Alonso has already destroyed McLaren... :lol:

Desert Storm

Post by Desert Storm »

mds

Post by mds »

Fiki wrote:
mds wrote:Not sure how it's relevant how they went into the corner - at the apex Vettel already was half a car ahead. He had the corner and could choose his lines. I refer back to Bahrain last year.
Being half a car length up at the apex doesn't mean a driver can choose his lines, if that means crowding a car off the track.

Actually it pretty much does mean that. The rule about leaving space does not apply to corners, where the driver that has the line can keep it.

And it is moot anyway, because he didn't crowd Kimi off track. The space was always there.

davidheath461

Post by davidheath461 »

i thought Kimi didn't get involved in incidents at the start?

and i thought Kimi and Vettel would work together like a buddy cop film? didn't look like that in the first corner.

mds

Post by mds »

davidheath461 wrote:i thought Kimi didn't get involved in incidents at the start?

and i thought Kimi and Vettel would work together like a buddy cop film? didn't look like that in the first corner.

Weird post man. Kimi can't help being hit from behind. And nobody ever said they wouldn't race each other.

davidheath461

Post by davidheath461 »

mds wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:i thought Kimi didn't get involved in incidents at the start?

Weird post man. Kimi can't help being hit from behind. And nobody ever said they wouldn't race each other.

:lol: The double standards are coming out now!

They were tripping over eachother at the start. Need4Naim said they would work together like a buddy cop film. Didn't look like that today.

mds

Post by mds »

davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:

They were tripping over eachother at the start. Need4Naim said they would work together like a buddy cop film. Didn't look like that today.

Please point out the double standards, as I'm not seeing it. He was absolutely blameless in being hit by Sainz. How does that contradict anything I've said before?

And I'll repeat: working together does not imply not racing each other, which is what they did.

You're after some cheap digs here but you're going to have to do better.

davidheath461

Post by davidheath461 »

If they were working together, they would have come out of turn 1 4th and 5th.

Kimi hit Sainz. If you think the person who is behind in the incident is to blame, then it contradicts what you have said in earlier threads. But that's not surprising, your agenda is quite clear.

mds

Post by mds »

davidheath461 wrote:If you think the person who is behind in the incident is to blame, then it contradicts what you have said in earlier threads. But that's not surprising, your agenda is quite clear.

Which thread, what incident? I'm going to guess Suzuka 2012?
That was a straight line where the rule about leaving space applies.

So tell me, what's my agenda? That'll be a fun read.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Why so negative. Kimi qualified very well, Ferrari seems top2/3 car. It seems that 2015 will be much better season for Kimi than 2014.
eeee

ChopSchuey

Post by ChopSchuey »

You want to talk about double standards?

Ricciardo gets a ten place grid penalty for EXACTLY THE SAME THING at the Malyasian GP last year.

Raikkonen and Ferrari get away with it.

Amazing.

Herb

Post by Herb »

ChopSchuey wrote:You want to talk about double standards?

Ricciardo gets a ten place grid penalty for EXACTLY THE SAME THING at the Malyasian GP last year.

Raikkonen and Ferrari get away with it.

Amazing.

As far as I am aware, the rules have changed regarding this since last year. The mandatory 10 place grid penalty no longer exists - I believe it is an now an optional penalty - and as the wheel stayed on the car, the stewards have decided not to exercise that option.

Migen

Post by Migen »

davidheath461 wrote:
mds wrote:

I`d love to hear your idea about 2 team mates working together, while racing each-other fairly, as everybody should in a F1 race!

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

mds wrote:
Zoue wrote:
mds wrote:

Not sure how it's relevant how they went into the corner - at the apex Vettel already was half a car ahead. He had the corner and could choose his lines. I refer back to Bahrain last year.

And Vettel did not go wide. Just look at Massa in front of him. It seems like he was going to go wide but he held back a little so he wouldn't.

I'm watching this in 1/4 speed right now. Nothing indicates a touch and he did not run wide.

I need to look at it again. I do remember at the time it looked as though Vettel pushed him wide and Brundle certainly seemed to think so throughout the race, but I'll reserve judgement. Not having a go at Vettel here, but from where I saw it it looked as though Kimi didn't really have much option.