Alonso crash/missing Melbourne [MERGED]

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Covalent

Re: Alonso crash/missing Melbourne [MERGED]

Post by Covalent »

VDV23 wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Kev627 wrote:Sorry if this has already been posted but I thought DC made an interesting point, http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31768613
I wonder if Fernando has fallen out with his new team already... Loses his drive at Ferrari, has nowhere else to go to than McLaren with whom he already has history, finds out the marriage with Honda is an absolute disaster, crashes the car, is hospitalized, maybe says a few heated words to the wrong person...
Crazy unlikely theory but I wouldn't be too surprised to see Magnussen driving more than the first race.
Now you are just making things up. He forced his Ferrari exit, not the other way around.

And DC doesn't make good points to begin with. From "staying for 3 days in the hospital for concussion is too much" they jump straight to "he's not motivated to drive a slow car".
Well it was by common consent (we'll unlikely ever know more detail than that).... What else am I making up in what I already said was a "theory"?

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

InBetween wrote:That tweet is mighty suspicious...

Something fishy going on here...I really think its RD impersonating FA...FIA should look into it ASAP
Well it made me laugh out loud, I didn't need a /sarc
P-F1 Mod wrote:I realise that, but given the rumours that are currently flying around it's one I can easily see being taken seriously by someone. Sorry to take the fun out of it but it's meant to be a serious topic
In which case why not take some of the tin foil hat brigade to task rather than someone poking fun at their idiocy...

The best thing to do with conspiracy theorists is laugh at them, see @alo_oficial

#dondeTeHasDespertadoHoy #estañoSombreroLámina

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

Flavio gives his tuppence worth.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/31806850

There's that 'strange' word again. It won't go away, even from those who are close to him. And he's not exactly complimentary about Mclaren either.
If...

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

Battle Far wrote:
InBetween wrote:That tweet is mighty suspicious...

Something fishy going on here...I really think its RD impersonating FA...FIA should look into it ASAP
Well it made me laugh out loud, I didn't need a /sarc
P-F1 Mod wrote:I realise that, but given the rumours that are currently flying around it's one I can easily see being taken seriously by someone. Sorry to take the fun out of it but it's meant to be a serious topic
In which case why not take some of the tin foil hat brigade to task rather than someone poking fun at their idiocy...

The best thing to do with conspiracy theorists is laugh at them, see @alo_oficial

#dondeTeHasDespertadoHoy #estañoSombreroLámina
We have and are, on both points.

A2jdl

Post by A2jdl »

PzR Slim wrote:Flavio gives his tuppence worth.

There's that 'strange' word again. It won't go away, even from those who are close to him. And he's not exactly complimentary about Mclaren either.
Thanks for that as it confirms it was a normal accident but he hit the wall hard and he doesn't have any health problem to cause it and he said the mclaren was good. :thumbup:

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Still find it strange that while e.g. Kubica participated in the next race following his horrible crash in Canada, Alonso doesn't after that relatively minor crash.

Sutton

Post by Sutton »

Kubica missed the next race, USA. Was replaced by Vettel.
I'm confused why the word 'strange' is used again with regards to this Alonso crash yet it's unchallenged by Alonso and mclaren.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Sutton wrote:Kubica missed the next race, USA. Was replaced by Vettel.
True had forgotten, but he still took part in a race just 3 weeks after the accident.

mds

Post by mds »

A2jdl wrote:

Thanks for that as it confirms it was a normal accident but he hit the wall hard and he doesn't have any health problem to cause it and he said the mclaren was good. :thumbup:
He doesn't "confirm it was a normal accident", he states the accident was strange!
"He crashes without any reason," he added.
"We have to see if there was a steering problem."
Basically this means that he isn't really believing McLaren's explanation.
Go Vandoorne :( - Verstappen - Vettel!

Azi

Post by Azi »

mds wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

He doesn't "confirm it was a normal accident", he states the accident was strange!
I'm pretty he just meant Flavio is so untrustworthy if he said it was sunny you'd get out an umbrella.

Option or Prime

Post by Option or Prime »

Covalent wrote:
Sutton wrote:Kubica missed the next race, USA. Was replaced by Vettel.
True had forgotten, but he still took part in a race just 3 weeks after the accident.
I think the view of "sport" in relation to concussion was not so rigorous or focussed then.

Beschy

Post by Beschy »

Why is Bernie sending Briatore footage of the crash when nobody else seems to have seen it?
Schumacher was better than Senna.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Beschy wrote:Why is Bernie sending Briatore footage of the crash when nobody else seems to have seen it?
Isn't Briatore Alonso's manager?

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Covalent wrote:
Beschy wrote:Why is Bernie sending Briatore footage of the crash when nobody else seems to have seen it?
Then what does Luis Garcia Abad do?
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

mcdo wrote:
Covalent wrote:
Then what does Luis Garcia Abad do?
No idea but the article we are discussing starts with "Fernando Alonso's manager Flavio Briatore says ".

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

Azi wrote:
mds wrote:
A2jdl wrote:

I'm pretty he just meant Flavio is so untrustworthy if he said it was sunny you'd get out an umbrella.
And humble too. :lol:
{Insert clever sig line here}

owenmahamilton

Post by owenmahamilton »

just read on another site that Alonso has said that he is working as hard as possible to be fit for Malaysia, I read that as meaning that he may well miss that race as well.

Azi

Post by Azi »

*snort* oh typos! :lol: That should have been 'pretty sure' obviously.

minchy

Post by minchy »

owenmahamilton wrote:just read on another site that Alonso has said that he is working as hard as possible to be fit for Malaysia, I read that as meaning that he may well miss that race as well.
Does that mean that he's out of observation and working on physical and mental agility (I.e. back to usual training regime), or that the doctors are observing him still and they're hoping he gets the all clear soon?
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

A2jdl

Post by A2jdl »

minchy wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:just read on another site that Alonso has said that he is working as hard as possible to be fit for Malaysia, I read that as meaning that he may well miss that race as well.
Does that mean that he's out of observation and working on physical and mental agility (I.e. back to usual training regime), or that the doctors are observing him still and they're hoping he gets the all clear soon?
back in to training
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24184 ... alaysia-gp

minchy

Post by minchy »

A2jdl wrote:
minchy wrote:
back in to training
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24184 ... alaysia-gp
Well that's good news at least.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Ron Dennis admits he wasn't honest when reporting about Fernando's injuries:
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/m ... sion-crash

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Covalent wrote:Ron Dennis admits he wasn't honest when reporting about Fernando's injuries:
This is one of 100 reasons why I don't like Dennis.
eeee

mds

Post by mds »

“It was not the best performance by me. I understand why the press beat me up for being inaccurate. I wanted to be open and honest. I failed. But it is my objective to try to be as honest as possible in future.
:lol:
Go Vandoorne :( - Verstappen - Vettel!

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

Covalent wrote:Ron Dennis admits he wasn't honest when reporting about Fernando's injuries:
Well what do you know!
If...

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Classic
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Briatore and Dennis... two great honest men...

If I had to choose one of them to trust, I'd pick Briatore.

JMILAT

Post by JMILAT »

After reading Benson's stuff I was sure it was a normal accident. But then both Bernie and Flavio spoke questioning it.

Bernie knows pretty much everything in F1. And Flavio is a close friend of Alonso and is I believe the head of Alonso's management. There is obviously footage of the accident (Flavio said he seen it) and both have said its strange what happened. They wouldn't be saying this if it wasn't true.

Flavio definetly seems a little suspicious of McLaren.

hittheapex

Post by hittheapex »

mds wrote:
“It was not the best performance by me. I understand why the press beat me up for being inaccurate. I wanted to be open and honest. I failed. But it is my objective to try to be as honest as possible in future.
Maybe Ron should get one of those PR minders to follow him around like they do with the drivers.
"Jean Alesi is using the Maginot Line policy-You shall not pass!"-Murray Walker

Battle Far

Post by Battle Far »

nixxxon wrote:Briatore and Dennis... two great honest men...

Simply astonishing!!!

A man with an undischarged conviction for fraud in Italy, who as team principle for Renault and driver manager, sat on both sides of the negotiating table on driver contracts, only employing those from whom he took a cut via his driver management arm.

Who sacked a driver because he chose to change driver management and whose activities, arguably criminal, certainly deliberate rule breaking, included fuel system safety infringements, traction control, movable aerodynamic devices and most infamously, race fixing as well as destroying the career of an up an coming driver...

For mine, I don't think I'd trust your judgement to cross a road

LKS1

Post by LKS1 »

Battle Far wrote:

Simply astonishing!!!

A man with an undischarged conviction for fraud in Italy, who as team principle for Renault and driver manager, sat on both sides of the negotiating table on driver contracts, only employing those from whom he took a cut via his driver management arm.

Who sacked a driver because he chose to change driver management and whose activities, arguably criminal, certainly deliberate rule breaking, included fuel system safety infringements, traction control, movable aerodynamic devices and most infamously, race fixing as well as destroying the career of an up an coming driver...

I agree re. Flavio - after Singapore '08 he should never be allowed near F1 again. Even so, Ron isn't exactly trustworthy either..., but I do love Ronspeak :) .

Blake

Post by Blake »

LKS1 wrote:
Battle Far wrote:

Simply astonishing!!!

I agree re. Flavio - after Singapore '08 he should never be allowed near F1 again. Even so, Ron isn't exactly trustworthy either..., but I do love Ronspeak :) .
I have to agree with LKS1.... except I can do without Ron speak. Neither of them are trustworthy... funny thing is, most never really trusted Briatore, but prior to McLarengate(s), Ron was thought to be the "gentleman" racer, the representative of honor... funny (actually sad) how that perception has changed. Still, I do give Ron Dennis credit for some of his charitable actions outside F1.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

InBetween

Post by InBetween »

Battle Far wrote:

Simply astonishing!!!

Well, at least with Flavio, what you see is what you get, anyone who ever thought his work ethics were unquestionable was seriously deluded...and I'm not refferring to his latter years in F1, I've always had the same opinion of him since I started following F1 (early 90s).

When I look at RD, I'm not sure what I'm seeing and what I'm getting and my opinion changes everytime the man speaks...

Paolo_Lasardi

Post by Paolo_Lasardi »

Blake wrote:
LKS1 wrote:
Battle Far wrote:

Simply astonishing!!!

I have to agree with LKS1.... except I can do without Ron speak. Neither of them are trustworthy... funny thing is, most never really trusted Briatore, but prior to McLarengate(s), Ron was thought to be the "gentleman" racer, the representative of honor... funny (actually sad) how that perception has changed. Still, I do give Ron Dennis credit for some of his charitable actions outside F1.
And both men are just like angels when compared to Ecclestone ...

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCqVyROqno

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

The Eternal President of North America's F1 Conspiracy Theory Society is back at it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhGEV5D5l6k

egnat69

Post by egnat69 »

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ejCqVyROqno
:lol: :lol: :lol:
How to fix F1:
1. Stop seeking consensuses on rules - it will always turn out to be the least favourible option for everyone involved...
2. Listen to the fans - there are plenty of them and they have good ideas...

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

Toby. wrote:The Eternal President of North America's F1 Conspiracy Theory Society is back at it again:

What. A. Loon.
{Insert clever sig line here}

P-F1 Mod

Post by P-F1 Mod »

RaggedMan wrote:
Toby. wrote:The Eternal President of North America's F1 Conspiracy Theory Society is back at it again:

What. A. Loon.
Well at least he knows who he is.

...Oh.

Millemagico

Post by Millemagico »

As you noticed Flavio didnt rule out electric shock. Changing shift or braking during accident wont rule out that also. Muscles do funny things when you give some electric to them.
Also many people who have received shocks from stun gun, cant figure out what happened to them, if the shock was given from behind.

It seems that Mr. Dennis is pathetic liar and his credibility has reached "Putin level".