Haas F1 Updates

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Placid

Haas F1 Updates

Post by Placid »

Talk about putting the band back together. With Gunther Steiner on board, Gene Haas has signed Rob Taylor as their new chief designer to head up the livery project for the 2016 F1 car. The project will be overseen also by Dallara as is Taylor. Taylor also was part of the 1st Red Bull car back in 2005 before joining Mc Laren.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117590

Also:
Gene is in no rush into getting drivers for the time being as he was in Jerez along with Gunther Steiner. If it goes as planned, there is a chance that they may go into testing during Christmas time.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas- ... s/?v=2&s=1

Placid

Re: Haas F1 Updates

Post by Placid »

Gene Haas has made a decision into having a yellow livery for their 2016 debut.

I wonder if it will be a livery Jordan style?

Or the Chappy?

Unsourced images removed by mod.

Blake

Post by Blake »

Really?

It must be some kind of sponsor related??? Does he perhaps have a sponsor (or better yet, in hand) in mind already? Haas Automotion seems to use Red & White in their Logo. And with his American aspect I thought we might see a white with blue, or Shelby/Gurney like dark blue with white.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

Blake wrote:Really?

It must be some kind of sponsor related??? Does he perhaps have a sponsor (or better yet, in hand) in mind already? Haas Automotion seems to use Red & White in their Logo. And with his American aspect I thought we might see a white with blue, or Shelby/Gurney like dark blue with white.

http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story/f1 ... lor-020615

"We would love to have a car in line with the company's image," said Haas, whose corporate logo is actually red and silver. "But it needs to be good, too, because all these cars in silver or grey appear almost identical to each other. "I would like a color that makes us distinguishable," said the Californian. "I do like yellow."

Placid

Post by Placid »

thegamer23

Post by thegamer23 »

concept

Blake

Post by Blake »

:thumbup: I actually really like that, gamer! Nice touches with the yellow-gold and the Prancing Horse in the transition from gold to black. That is the best new livery I have seen in recent years. Wish it were true!
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

pc27b

Post by pc27b »

that is sweet. to bad nothing like that would ever happen. looks like a pittsburgh steeler fan came up with it

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

Looks more like a Miller livery than Bud.

I like it though.
{Insert clever sig line here}

Blake

Post by Blake »

pc27b wrote:that is sweet. to bad nothing like that would ever happen. looks like a pittsburgh steeler fan came up with it

Nah, no Steeler fan could come up with something THAT classy!
;)

Ragged,

True enough on the Miller vs Bud.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

Blake wrote:
pc27b wrote:that is sweet. to bad nothing like that would ever happen. looks like a pittsburgh steeler fan came up with it

Nah, no Steeler fan could come up with something THAT classy!
;)

Ragged,

True enough on the Miller vs Bud.

Unsourced image removed by mod.
{Insert clever sig line here}

Blake

Post by Blake »

I remember that one!

Although, when it comes to Miller cars, I rather preferred Danny Sullivan's "Spin & Win" Miller car!

Unsourced image removed by mod.
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

spiritone

Post by spiritone »

GAMER23 awsome paint scheme, you need to forward that to haas.

red_baron

Post by red_baron »

spiritone wrote:GAMER23 awsome paint scheme, you need to forward that to haas.

I second this. It's almost like Ferrari 'away' colours but it's clear and unique. Brilliant concept!
At Ferrari, there is always good cooperation.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win and when I don't, I get furious."

AstoriaisBACK

Post by AstoriaisBACK »

did you see HAAS f1 website today? It had GAMER23 paint scheme exactly!!
One.
The best song ever written....thanks Bono
I am the Number 1Tifosi

Placid

Post by Placid »

thegamer23 wrote:Image

concept

That is a great livery. But they should paint the prancing horse facing the opposite way on the right side.

Blake

Post by Blake »

AstoriaisBACK wrote:did you see HAAS f1 website today? It had GAMER23 paint scheme exactly!!

That would be a wise choice!

Funny thing, I just realized that if HAAS indeed does make it the grid in 2016, it will be the first time in 40 years that I have had two teams on the grid that I would support!

I used to be a fan of both Ferrari, Maserati, & all Italians in the 50s, then Ferrari and Gurney in the mid '60s, and ever so briefly Ferrari and Penske mid '70s... since then solely Ferrari. Ferrari & HAAS in the mid '20'teens sound about right.
:nod:
Forza Ferrari
WCCs = 16
WDCs = 15

owenmahamilton

Post by owenmahamilton »

Haas have said that they hope to have signed their drivers for 2016 by September and that lots of drivers have shown an interest in driving for them. During commentary in the last Indycar race they were making out that Josef Newgarden was quite high on the list of possibilities.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118790

F1Tyrant

Post by F1Tyrant »

owenmahamilton wrote:During commentary in the last Indycar race they were making out that Josef Newgarden was quite high on the list of possibilities.

I reckon it's between Newgarden and Alexander Rossi for the seat. Any non-American wanting the seat would need a lot of money. May the best American win in Indycar or GP2. Straight shootout.

Balibari
Location: Somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert

Post by Balibari »

F1Tyrant wrote:
owenmahamilton wrote:During commentary in the last Indycar race they were making out that Josef Newgarden was quite high on the list of possibilities.

I reckon it's between Newgarden and Alexander Rossi for the seat. Any non-American wanting the seat would need a lot of money. May the best American win in Indycar or GP2. Straight shootout.

With Haas saying he'll have an experienced F1 driver and an American rookie I reckon it's down to what Rossi can do this season. The date Haas has set himself is far enough away to give him the chance to get a proper gauge on Rossi. But it's also soon enough that he can get the drivers on board at the ideal time in development terms.

If Rossi continues to mix it at the front, as he did in Bahrain, I'd say he's nailed into that second seat. I'm really looking forward to seeing who he goes for though. The experienced driver is impossible to gauge for me.
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

-Epicurus

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Balibari wrote:With Haas saying he'll have an experienced F1 driver and an American rookie I reckon it's down to what Rossi can do this season. The date Haas has set himself is far enough away to give him the chance to get a proper gauge on Rossi. But it's also soon enough that he can get the drivers on board at the ideal time in development terms.

If Rossi continues to mix it at the front, as he did in Bahrain, I'd say he's nailed into that second seat. I'm really looking forward to seeing who he goes for though. The experienced driver is impossible to gauge for me.

I still think Vergne is a good bet; he's too talented of a driver to languish in a development role, and he's already got the Ferrari connection.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

Placid

HAAS F1 to make driver selection in September

Post by Placid »

Even though that Alexander Rossi is looking for Haas F1, Haas is still looking for experience.

The team is now looking for September into deciding on who will be their line-up for 2016.

Rossi even though he his focusing on the team, he is still have to prove his worth.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118790

Laura23

Re: HAAS F1 to make driver selection in September

Post by Laura23 »

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11858

Should have gone in here tbh.

Also Rossi can't enter F1 next year unless he wins or comes second in the GP2 championship. So he really does have to prove a lot.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Herb

Post by Herb »

Laura23 wrote:http://forum.planet-f1.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11858

Also Rossi can't enter F1 next year unless he wins or comes second in the GP2 championship. So he really does have to prove a lot.

He's probably unlikely to get the required points to automatically qualify for a super licence from GP2.

But, the FIA can give an exception. Given his prior experience and he's already driven in practice sessions, he seems like a perfect candidate to be given one.

Actually, does he not already hold an F1 licence? Wasn't he due to replace Chilton in a race last year?

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

Herb wrote:

He's probably unlikely to get the required points to automatically qualify for a super licence from GP2.

But, the FIA can give an exception. Given his prior experience and he's already driven in practice sessions, he seems like a perfect candidate to be given one.

Actually, does he not already hold an F1 licence? Wasn't he due to replace Chilton in a race last year?

According to F1 Fanatic he'd have to reapply under the new rules. They could be wrong though.

Jenson's Understeer

Post by Jenson's Understeer »

Herb wrote:

The cynical part of me thinks they wouldn't give such an exception the first year the new super license points system is in place. I don't think Haas should be looking at him, anyway. Not seriously. I also don't know why they would be choosing to announce their drivers by September when there are bound to be guys on the grid in 2015 who don't find out they won't be on it in 2016 until after then. Particularly if they want somebody with experience.
Pick 10 | 1st x3, 2nd x3, 3rd x8
2020: 9th | 2019: 11th | 2018: 5th | 2017: 6th | 2016: 8th | 2015: 2nd | 2014: 15th | 2013: 17th | 2012: 11th

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

:-|
Last edited by Laura23 on Tue May 05, 2015 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulsf1fix

Post by paulsf1fix »

They might go for Rossi I also wonder if Raffaele Marciello has a good year in GP2 if he would be through his connections with Ferrari another option for Haas, if I was them I would look at Indycar as there might be better options for them.

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

They should look for experienced drivers who need the seat. They need reliable feedback and performance from someone who knows what they're doing. Unless they can get Vandoorne or Occon, they shouldn't be thinking about rookies at all. I'd imagine that people like Grosjean or Sutil would be a great fit.

Lentulus

Post by Lentulus »

With the Ferrari connection and (North) American connection I think Gutierrez is a very good bet.

Grizzly B

Post by Grizzly B »

Lentulus wrote:With the Ferrari connection and (North) American connection I think Gutierrez is a very good bet.

That's a pretty good shout, maybe even JEV?

Herb

Post by Herb »

Haas Automation just tweeted:

Beschy

Post by Beschy »

So a grey car then :-|
Schumacher was better than Senna.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Very simple livery.
eeee

Herb

Post by Herb »

I'm guessing (or hoping...) its just a demo livery.

orbthef1fan

Post by orbthef1fan »

I remember reading something on autosport earlier this year that want to run a yellow livery. I'm guessing this is just a show livery on the 2013/12 Marussia.
#LH44 Hammer time!

paulsf1fix

Post by paulsf1fix »

Placid wrote:
thegamer23 wrote:Image

concept

That is a great livery. Also I wonder if they will get Subway as a sponsor?

I think their driver lineup will be Esteban Gutiérrez and Alex Rossi, Carlos Munoz as an outside bet. Dunno why but I think he'd do well in F1.....

Placid

Post by Placid »

From the link and source: http://champcar.com/features/sc_f0822_00.html

I prefer the nose with this face.

mds

Post by mds »

Tweet by Haas containing pictures of their F1 show car. Black is the color, for now...
https://twitter.com/Haas_Automation/sta ... 43552?s=09
Go Vandoorne :( - Verstappen - Vettel!

HawaiiF1Fan

Post by HawaiiF1Fan »

Pic of a Haas NASCAR livery. I think we can think the livery would be somewhat similar unless Haas was to pick up a large title sponsor that would warrant changing the livery (from Black, red, white).