Sauber C-34

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Need4Naiim

Re: Sauber C-34

Post by Need4Naiim »

I bet an African elephant could use that blue and yellow more artistic with its long proboscis.
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®

futureshock999

Post by futureshock999 »

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
DarkoA wrote:Why do all the teams have that black section at the back?

It's most pronounced on teh Ferrari, and it doesn't look good.

I think it is special NASA grade high heat resistant carbon fibre to cope with the exhaust temperatures.

Yep, it is all to do with exhaust temps. Also it prevents exhaust gas marks from showing on the paint, which would otherwise have to be cleaned by hand before every practice session, every quali session, and of course before the race. Can't have the cars looking like that actually emit SMOKE when you are running a green-hybrid power unit. And no, I am not really kidding with any of that.

chaz986

Post by chaz986 »

Like most I feel the colours are nice but no flare in there use kind of fitting for the current state of play in F1

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

futureshock999 wrote:
Alienturnedhuman wrote:
DarkoA wrote:Why do all the teams have that black section at the back?

It's most pronounced on teh Ferrari, and it doesn't look good.

I think it is special NASA grade high heat resistant carbon fibre to cope with the exhaust temperatures.

Yep, it is all to do with exhaust temps. Also it prevents exhaust gas marks from showing on the paint, which would otherwise have to be cleaned by hand before every practice session, every quali session, and of course before the race. Can't have the cars looking like that actually emit SMOKE when you are running a green-hybrid power unit. And no, I am not really kidding with any of that.

If they're getting exhaust gas soot that far forward with the new PU's they have bigger problems than the appearance of being dirty fuel burners.
{Insert clever sig line here}

Asphalt_World

Post by Asphalt_World »

Looks like mixed reviews from the pit crew regarding their new outfits.

Instagram @simply_italian_cars

ob1kenobi.23

Post by ob1kenobi.23 »

Champions are made from something they have deep inside of them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have the skill & the will but the will must be stronger than the skill. Muhammad Ali

Rubb.

Post by Rubb. »

I just noticed the Chelsea FC logo on the front. Interesting sponsor.

AngusWolfe

Post by AngusWolfe »

Rubb. wrote:I just noticed the Chelsea FC logo on the front. Interesting sponsor.

They've been partners since at least 2012. I think the Sauber logo is on their stadium somewhere.
IV

Nosebuckle

Post by Nosebuckle »

AngusWolfe wrote:
Rubb. wrote:I just noticed the Chelsea FC logo on the front. Interesting sponsor.

They've been partners since at least 2012. I think the Sauber logo is on their stadium somewhere.

Speaking of sponsors, the dearth of logos on the car is what stands out most to me.

Blackhander

Post by Blackhander »

Agreed, there is a LOT of plain blue real estate to be sold off on that car. A shame, and probably won't help improve their chances this year
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Podiums: 1st Spa '16, 1st Bahrain '15, 1st China '14, 1st Malaysia '14
Championship position 2014: 13th | | 2015: 10th (heading the right way)
PF1 Autosport GP Predictor 2014: Second 2015: Second

2fast

Post by 2fast »

Asphalt_World wrote:Looks like mixed reviews from the pit crew regarding their new outfits.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

that's just brilliant ;)
too fast to slow down

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Blackhander wrote:Agreed, there is a LOT of plain blue real estate to be sold off on that car. A shame, and probably won't help improve their chances this year

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought of as well. Either Banco de Brasil is giving them a lot of money, or they might not be too financially well off...
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

paulsf1fix wrote:The team has two drivers and two sponsors, that's it. Is F1 really heading into this? there's talk that Force India have money problems and yet their car is all most full of sponsor logos, if Sauber don't run into money problems by the end of the 'new' season then I'd be very suprised.

Force India's "sponsors" are nearly all Mallya's companies
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

John_Silver

Post by John_Silver »

FI is got some decent sponsorship deals, I guess more than Williams and Lotus

Telmex is droping a lot of money, they also have Smirnoff, Sahara and VM companies

They must be spending more than they get

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

John_Silver wrote:FI is got some decent sponsorship deals, I guess more than Williams and Lotus

Telmex is droping a lot of money, they also have Smirnoff, Sahara and VM companies

They must be spending more than they get

The Mallya companies are haemorrhaging money left, right and centre sadly for the team. So I don't think we can really count those as proper sponsors who bring genuine cash to the team. The Smirnoff deal isn't a huge one ether.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

thegamer23

Post by thegamer23 »

Slight addition of Yellow on both front and mirrors from Barcellona. Looks better.

(They are asking their fans on the official page about it
https://www.facebook.com/sauberf1team?fref=nf)

Rubb.

Post by Rubb. »

Definitely an improvement.

SehnKhan

Post by SehnKhan »

If they went to a more metallic blue like the watercolour image that also appears on the Sauber Facebook page - that would be a DRASTIC improvement.

Not sure IMG linking works from Facebook, so I'll URL link it instead:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/1397014_10153071559024573_411206404825667144_o.jpg
Williams Martini Racing

Supporter of Valtteri Bottas & Felipe Massa - Williams Martini Racing
Also Daniel Ricciardo [Red Bull Racing] & Mark Webber [Porsche WEC Team LMP1]

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

SehnKhan wrote:If they went to a more metallic blue like the watercolour image that also appears on the Sauber Facebook page - that would be a DRASTIC improvement.

Not sure IMG linking works from Facebook, so I'll URL link it instead:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xap1/t31.0-8/1397014_10153071559024573_411206404825667144_o.jpg

Metallic blue would be awesome.
eeee

red_baron

Post by red_baron »

With metallic blue in a similar tint to the current blue, we're talking 555 sponsored Subaru colours aren't we? Would certainly make me very happy!
At Ferrari, there is always good cooperation.
"I'm not a sore loser. It's just that I prefer to win and when I don't, I get furious."

Need4Naiim

Post by Need4Naiim »

What i don't understand is; why is it so hard to put those very little yellows on the nose? It is like they are afraid to put some color.

They put a dot on livery, and ask: did you like it?
I am rewarded with a new World; a place that is away from dictated formality, one-sided freedom, disgusting but legal sarcasms, fake happiness displayed by masked rulers... ®