Dietrich Mateschitz on Vettel leaving Red Bull

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
owenmahamilton

Dietrich Mateschitz on Vettel leaving Red Bull

Post by owenmahamilton »

Last edited by owenmahamilton on Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black_Flag_11

Re: Dietrich Mateschitz on Vettel leaving Red Bull

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

I suppose any chance of a amicable split is gone now, juicy :smug:

simonr23

Post by simonr23 »

I believe the headline phrase means with a car that far off the merc, no driver is capable of making the difference up.

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

nothing was said of any discourse, please read more than the title in future

Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

"We considered it neither just nor necessary to intervene," he said, "particularly since this switch brings huge financial savings."

That statement seems to suggest he is glad Vettel is leaving as he will save money with Kyvatt.
Kyvatt today showed some incredible speed. I wonder if he will be able to challenge Ricciardo next year.
"Talented drivers adapt, the mediocre ones complain."

kleefton

Post by kleefton »

Peter77 wrote:"We considered it neither just nor necessary to intervene," he said, "particularly since this switch brings huge financial savings."

That statement seems to suggest he is glad Vettel is leaving as he will save money with Kyvatt.
Kyvatt today showed some incredible speed. I wonder if he will be able to challenge Ricciardo next year.
I expect Kvyatt to push Ricci in qualifying, but he will struggle in the race.

chican

Post by chican »

Well, the fact is that Ric has proven that they can still win races without Vet. It must be a team strategy having cheaper drivers on their payroll.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

It kind of appeared to be more of a dig at the engine freeze i.e. if all we can be is best of the rest then it makes no difference to have a 4-time WDC in the car or not
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

kleefton wrote:
Peter77 wrote:"We considered it neither just nor necessary to intervene," he said, "particularly since this switch brings huge financial savings."

I expect Kvyatt to push Ricci in qualifying, but he will struggle in the race.
That was also said about Ricciardo upon his promotion
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 165 (1st)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

moby

Post by moby »

So anyone know how much they are/were paying this best of the rest?

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

moby wrote:So anyone know how much they are/were paying this best of the rest?
If this list is to be believed Vettel is earning something like 30x what Ricciardo is earning
http://www.crash.net/f1/news/207581/1/f ... -most.html

Red Bull will make a considerable cost saving, especially when Vettel is currently earning 88x Kvyat's salary
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

LOL, this is ridiculous. He basically says he does not want to pay a huge salary to a multiple champion because he cant be champion again soon.

Prema

Post by Prema »

mcdo wrote:
If this list is to be believed Vettel is earning something like 30x what Ricciardo is earning

Red Bull will make a considerable cost saving, especially when Vettel is currently earning 88x Kvyat's salary
All the other top teams should follow the example and stop paying those crazy amounts of money to their drivers. "Kvyats" would be as fine in Mercedes and Ferrari and McLaren as in RB. But won't happen. Out of some silly reason.

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:

All the other top teams should follow the example and stop paying those crazy amounts of money to their drivers. "Kvyats" would be as fine in Mercedes and Ferrari and McLaren as in RB. But won't happen. Out of some silly reason.
People say the same with footballers. But i'd rather the money went in the pockets of those entertaining us than the suits above.

Also i'd imagine Riciardo will expect atleast a 10x payrise for next season.

Paolo_Lasardi

Post by Paolo_Lasardi »

Drivers:

1. Fernando Alonso Ferrari €22m
= Kimi Raikkonen Ferrari €22m
=Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing €22m
4. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes €20m
5. Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes €16m
6. Nico Rosberg Mercedes €12m
7. Felipe Massa Williams €4m
= Nico Hulkenberg Force India F1 €4m
9. Romain Grosjean Lotus F1 Team €3m
= Pastor Maldonado Lotus F1 Team €3m
= Sergio Perez Force India F1 €3m
12. Adrian Sutil Sauber €2m
13. Kevin Magnuseen McLaren-Mercedes €1m
= Valtteri Bottas Williams €1m
15. Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing €750,000
= Jean-Eric Vergne Scuderia Toro Rosso €750,000
17. Jules Bianchi Marussia €500,000
18. Esteban Gutierrez Sauber €400,000
19. Daniil Kvyat Scuderia Toro Rosso €250,000
20. Max Chilton Marussia €200,000
21. Marcus Ericsson Caterham F1 €150,000
= Kamui Kobayshi Caterham F1 €150,000

What the F1 teams spent on drivers in 2014:

1. Ferrari €44m
2. Mercedes €32m
3. Red Bull Racing €22.75m
4. McLaren-Mercedes €17m
5. Force India €7m
6. Lotus F1 team €6m
7. Williams €5m
8. Sauber €2.4m
9. Scuderia Toro Rosso €1m
10. Marussia €700,000
11. Caterham €300,000
Interesting read. Räikkönen paid as much as Alonso? :lol: Bad deal for Ferrari ...

jrwb6e

Post by jrwb6e »

Paolo_Lasardi wrote:Interesting read. Räikkönen paid as much as Alonso? :lol: Bad deal for Ferrari ...
It makes Mattiacci look even more like a douche for refusing to pay Alonso more.

azeem

Post by azeem »

WOW, cant believe Raikkonen went from earning €3m at Lotus (not even getting paid) to being the joint highest earner at €22m......unbelievable.
Even as a kimi fan, I cant say Ferrari are exactly getting their moneys worth. :D
RosbergRaikkonenVettel

MichaelSchumacher-★Scuderia Ferrari

Nico Rosberg Vs Lewis Hamilton- What A Battle

davidheath461

Post by davidheath461 »

I wonder how much Vettel will be earning at Ferrari. Definitely seems like Ferrari will be paying over the odds for 2 very sensitive (driving wise) drivers.

Rote

Post by Rote »

Norwegian news had something about Vettel being paid £50 million (yes, they reported it in pounds) by Ferrari for 2015. Seeing as his contract has not even been announced yet, I assume that is total nonsense.

bourbon19

Post by bourbon19 »

davidheath461 wrote:I wonder how much Vettel will be earning at Ferrari. Definitely seems like Ferrari will be paying over the odds for 2 very sensitive (driving wise) drivers.
He didn't look sensitive circa 2007 to 2013. And that was not one long regulation period either... In fact, in 2009, RBR didn't have the "magic button" yet or a fully developed EBD.

lamo

Post by lamo »

If Mclaren secure Alonso on the same money, then surely if Jenson wants to stay he needs to take a massive pay cut. I imagine Kevin is due at least double if they take him for year 2. Year 1 is always a pittance, Hamilton was on £500,000 for 2007.

K-mag on 2 milllion and Alonso 22 million is a reasonable amount to spend on drivers.
Seems better than Alonso on 22 and Button on 16 million.

If they can get Button for less than 7 million I would go for him.

lamo

Post by lamo »

For his talent level, I think Kimi has done better than any other driver in the history of the sport for how much he has earned. He has commanded "the best driver on the grid" type salary for over half his career when in reality he was probably somewhere between 3-8th best at any given time.

Blinky McSquinty

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

What we are hearing from Mateschitz is the businessman in him. If you pay an electrician to install an electrical device, you are paying for his skills and training to have that device installed. You are not paying him not to install the device.

The same goes for Vettel, he is a four time WDC and deserving of a salary matching his skills and abilities. But if the car and engine are not capable, then why pay a WDC to win titles when it can't happen?

dogboy

Post by dogboy »

Who cares...they have Riciardo...maybe he dont have 4 championships but he is a lot of better.

Blinky McSquinty

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

dogboy wrote:Who cares...they have Riciardo...maybe he dont have 4 championships but he is a lot of better.
And a LOT cheaper.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

bourbon19 wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:I wonder how much Vettel will be earning at Ferrari. Definitely seems like Ferrari will be paying over the odds for 2 very sensitive (driving wise) drivers.
He didn't look sensitive circa 2007 to 2013. And that was not one long regulation period either... In fact, in 2009, RBR didn't have the "magic button" yet or a fully developed EBD.
Yes, he was sitting in a Brawn
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

aftershocksinthebath

Post by aftershocksinthebath »

I wonder if he is still going to be a Sponsored Athlete like Webber.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

aftershocksinthebath wrote:I wonder if he is still going to be a Sponsored Athlete like Webber.
Good question. Are there any drivers that went from Red Bull Racing or STR to other teams?
eeee

aftershocksinthebath

Post by aftershocksinthebath »

dizlexik wrote:
aftershocksinthebath wrote:I wonder if he is still going to be a Sponsored Athlete like Webber.
Good question. Are there any drivers that went from Red Bull Racing or STR to other teams?
Started in Torro Rosso:

Scott Speed (2006-2007) [Driver Program], he kept sponsorship for a while after he left F1, but longer affiliated.
Neel Jani (2006 3rd Driver), no longer affiliated.

Sébastien Bourdais (2008-2009), no longer affiliated.
Sébastien Vettel (2007 Replaced Scott Speed, 2008-) [Driver Program], affiliated but for how long.

Sébastien Buemi (2009-2011) [Driver Program], affiliated.
Jaime Alguersuari (2009 Replaced Sébastien Bourdais, 2010-2011) [Driver Program], no longer affiliated

Daniel Ricciardo (2011 HRT, 2012-) [Driver Program], affiliated
France Jean-Éric Vergne (2013-2014) [Driver Program], affiliated but for how long.

Started in Red Bull:

David Coulthard (2005-2008), affiliated.
Christian Klien (2005-2006), no longer affiliated.
Valentino Liuzzi (2006-2007), he I think kept sponsorship for a while but is no longer affiliated.

Robert Doornbos (2006), no longer affiliated.

Mark Webber (2007-2013), affiliated.

davidheath461

Post by davidheath461 »

bourbon19 wrote:
2009? terrible example. He should have won that title easily. If only he hadn't made all those errors.

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

davidheath461 wrote:
bourbon19 wrote:
2009? terrible example. He should have won that title easily. If only he hadn't made all those errors.
er...

Arai_or_Nothing

Post by Arai_or_Nothing »

Blinky McSquinty wrote:
dogboy wrote:Who cares...they have Riciardo...maybe he dont have 4 championships but he is a lot of better.
And a LOT cheaper.
This year on both counts. ;)

Let's see if Ricciardo can prove this year was no fluke and that he can perform like this year to year consistently. THAT is the real test. Vettel has already proven he is consistent and this year he's not been thrashed and there are still a few races to contend. One DNF for Ricciardo and a good result for Vettel and things will be much closer than they appear. As of late, the "Best of the Rest" contender has been Bottas and Vettel is just 2 points behind him and I don't see anyone calling Bottas Rubbish. On top of that Bottas has the best engine on the grid powering his car whereas Red Bull have the Renault which is a little underpowered and has cost both Red Bull drivers this season, Vettel more so than Ricciardo.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Vettel finish strong.

racerrr

Post by racerrr »

Wow, the Vettel and Red Bull relationship has come apart like a cheap suit in record time. Mateschitz sounds like a jilted lover, Newey got the hell out of Dodge because he's apparently out of design ideas, and Vettel risks tarnishing his legacy if he doesn't improve next season. Its looking more and more like taking away downforce has turned Sebastian into a very ordinary driver.

ReservoirDog

Post by ReservoirDog »

Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:

The only thing silly here is you. It's not like teams know 2 years in advance how good their car would be. You only need to look at Alonso vs. Massa/Raikkonen to know how much a good driver brings to the table.

Secondly, the notion that with the best car any driver can win is absurd too. Unless you have stats to back up that every year the WDC runner-up is from the same team as the title-winner. Of course, you can't provide that stat since that doesn't always happen. We have drivers like Webber who can barely get off the start line when their teammate is winning race after race.

Mr.Wojo

Post by Mr.Wojo »

I don't see anything wrong with what was said.

BrazilLastCorner2008

Post by BrazilLastCorner2008 »

Ricciardo 750k is the biggest bargain I've heard for a long time!

Keep Fighting Michael

carlisimo

Post by carlisimo »

kleefton wrote:I expect Kvyatt to push Ricci in qualifying, but he will struggle in the race.
Vettel was like that too, at first. But he learned. A lot of the new drivers will, and those that do will become WDC material.

backdoc

Post by backdoc »

racerrr wrote:Wow, the Vettel and Red Bull relationship has come apart like a cheap suit in record time. Mateschitz sounds like a jilted lover, Newey got the hell out of Dodge because he's apparently out of design ideas, and Vettel risks tarnishing his legacy if he doesn't improve next season. Its looking more and more like taking away downforce has turned Sebastian into a very ordinary driver.
All Dietrich is saying is that they can't supply a winning car to a 4 time world champ, then they don't need to be paying him huge money to trundle around in the mid-pack. Maybe this journalist has taken a leaf out of the Planet-F1 biased article writing or inflammatory title wording.

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

BrazilLastCorner2008 wrote:Ricciardo 750k is the biggest bargain I've heard for a long time!
I believe Vettel was still on a $1M contract when he won his first WDC.
{Insert clever sig line here}

Anupam

Post by Anupam »

ReservoirDog wrote:
Prema wrote:
mcdo wrote:

The only thing silly here is you. It's not like teams know 2 years in advance how good their car would be. You only need to look at Alonso vs. Massa/Raikkonen to know how much a good driver brings to the table.

Secondly, the notion that with the best car any driver can win is absurd too. Unless you have stats to back up that every year the WDC runner-up is from the same team as the title-winner. Of course, you can't provide that stat since that doesn't always happen. We have drivers like Webber who can barely get off the start line when their teammate is winning race after race.
I'm almost absolutely certain that Prema was being sarcastic.