Jules Bianchi Update Thread [Split Thread]

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
Clarky

Re: Jules bianchi Japanese grand Prix aftermath thread

Post by Clarky »

Mod Grey wrote:I think it's a given that posting photos of the incident is a no-no.
:thumbup:

JMILAT

Post by JMILAT »

Clarky wrote:I've just seen a picture of the car and its look horrible.

Not going to post it.
Absolutely...lets be honest if it is as bad as it looks, he needs a miracle.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Just seen recorded race and I'm very sad now.
eeee

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

Trust the Daily Mail to be crass enough to post pictures of the medics and the car.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

My 8 year old son saw the picture and his face just dropped.

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

Ev0lutionz wrote:
Linking it. Thoughts are with Jules ;( Hope he is alright..
I would take the Daily Mail reports with a pinch of salt, sensationilst journalism factually incorrect

They even said he was airlifted to hospital
Last edited by beanchimp on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

"There are some pictures now available of the crash scene which show the wheels of Jules' Marussia apparently wedged underneath the recovery truck. For reasons of decency and respect, which I'm sure you'll understand, we won't be publishing them." - From F1 Sky

Ev0lutionz

Post by Ev0lutionz »

beanchimp wrote:
Ev0lutionz wrote:
I would take the Daily Mail reports with a pinch of salt, sensationilst journalism factually incorrect

I edited my post out of respect to Jules.

Alex53

Post by Alex53 »

There's damage all the way from the front of the car to the back. As if its gone right under the space between the back of the JCB and the ground. It does not look good.

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

My feeling when Sutil crashed was that they should have left his car there and not deployed the tractor. I can't imagine one of those ever being on circuit again without the Safety Car
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Underviewer

Post by Underviewer »

Alex53 wrote:There's damage all the way from the front of the car to the back. As if its gone right under the space between the back of the JCB and the ground. It does not look good.
It's very difficult to see whether it was just the back of the car that went under it. Also, difficult to see whether they managed to move the JCB and/or car to get access to the driver before the majority of photos were taken.

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

Ev0lutionz wrote:
beanchimp wrote:
Ev0lutionz wrote:

I edited my post out of respect to Jules.
I too have removed the DM links from my post, out of respect

Explorer1800

Post by Explorer1800 »

If this was US racing we would of seen repeats of every angle of the incident as this is what fans crave isn't it?
I don't think I have to name any recent incidents. In fact it's not limited to the US....

trento

Post by trento »

Banana Man wrote:This was the Nurburgring in 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3t56uLqlVI

Skip to 1:07 to skip through the waffle. 2:15 is where it gets properly relevant.
looks like the gravel saved them all.

Amon

Post by Amon »

Sorry if it was already posted here but Brundle's take on the whole accident is interesting:
Martin Brundle has often winced in commentary at the sight of recovery trucks coming onto the circuit having narrowly missed one and hit a marshal in similarly poor conditions at Suzuka in 1994. Here's his take:

"That’s obviously a wet-race situation, I don’t think it’s a standing water situation as such. It was raining this morning, you could have moved the race this morning and still had that particular accident. It’s not that he’s gone down the straight and aquaplaned off on a ridiculous amount of water or something.

"My concern, and I’ve expressed it many times, is those things [trucks] on track and I nearly lost my life against one of them and just missed it and then hit a marshal. The things are too high, you are sitting down so low and especially on that corner because it just keeps turning left. Some will say ‘oh, yeah there’s yellow flags’ and probably double-waved yellow flags, that doesn’t stop you actually spinning off. I spun off with yellow flags, I couldn’t even see my own steering wheel, let alone the yellow flags."
F1 fan since 1989

Razoola

Post by Razoola »

I want to make an observation here. They got him out of the car very fast for a head injury, normally in the situation of a head injury it takes a while to remove the driver but not in this case.
2011 Winner of PF1's pick 10 competition.

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

Clarky wrote:
Mod Grey wrote:I think it's a given that posting photos of the incident is a no-no.
:thumbup:
Hasn't stopped PF-1 main page from having pictures sadly

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Explorer1800 wrote:If this was US racing we would of seen repeats of every angle of the incident as this is what fans crave isn't it?
I don't think I have to name any recent incidents. In fact it's not limited to the US....
That's not one of the things I like about our news. People have a ghoulish fascination with seeings things like this, and it's the responsibility of those providing the access to restrict it unless it's appropriate.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

Explorer1800

Post by Explorer1800 »

Amon wrote:Sorry if it was already posted here but Brundle's take on the whole accident is interesting:
Martin Brundle has often winced in commentary at the sight of recovery trucks coming onto the circuit having narrowly missed one and hit a marshal in similarly poor conditions at Suzuka in 1994. Here's his take:

"That’s obviously a wet-race situation, I don’t think it’s a standing water situation as such. It was raining this morning, you could have moved the race this morning and still had that particular accident. It’s not that he’s gone down the straight and aquaplaned off on a ridiculous amount of water or something.

"My concern, and I’ve expressed it many times, is those things [trucks] on track and I nearly lost my life against one of them and just missed it and then hit a marshal. The things are too high, you are sitting down so low and especially on that corner because it just keeps turning left. Some will say ‘oh, yeah there’s yellow flags’ and probably double-waved yellow flags, that doesn’t stop you actually spinning off. I spun off with yellow flags, I couldn’t even see my own steering wheel, let alone the yellow flags."
This is interesting. Maybe they need lights on the steering wheel? or automatic limiters etc

slide

Post by slide »

I now realise why all the drivers were low in spirit , and I bet this will highlight a problem that has exsisted for a while - tractors recovering on the track while the race is being run - the next big topic in F1

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

Exediron wrote:
Explorer1800 wrote:If this was US racing we would of seen repeats of every angle of the incident as this is what fans crave isn't it?
That's not one of the things I like about our news. People have a ghoulish fascination with seeings things like this, and it's the responsibility of those providing the access to restrict it unless it's appropriate.
It is the news medias job to describe as accurately as possible what has happened. I don't think any free society would want there media to judge what is or is not appropriate.
Last edited by mikeyg123 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

backdoc

Post by backdoc »

Razoola wrote:I want to make an observation here. They got him out of the car very fast for a head injury, normally in the situation of a head injury it takes a while to remove the driver but not in this case.
I fear that was only the result of the severity of his injuries. I'm seriously concerned about Jules. I feel sick.

nexus

Post by nexus »

OK - going to post a link to this image. If you don't want to look at it then please don't click.

Reason I am posting it is it appears the damage was done by hitting the end of the barrier, not so much the tractor.

http://i.4cdn.org/sp/1412497402221.jpg

littlesparkle

Post by littlesparkle »

backdoc wrote:
Razoola wrote:I want to make an observation here. They got him out of the car very fast for a head injury, normally in the situation of a head injury it takes a while to remove the driver but not in this case.
I fear that was only the result of the severity of his injuries. I'm seriously concerned about Jules. I feel sick.

That's what I was thinking also :(
Raikkonen supporter Williams supporter

Forza Jules #17

GoOnJenson

Post by GoOnJenson »

Explorer1800 wrote:
Amon wrote:Sorry if it was already posted here but Brundle's take on the whole accident is interesting:

This is interesting. Maybe they need lights on the steering wheel? or automatic limiters etc
They do have lights in the cockpit to inform the drivers that they are in a yellow flag zone.

The point martin makes isn't about the yellows, or the track conditions as such, hes talking about the removal trucks.

F1zen

Post by F1zen »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
It is the medias job to describe as accurately as possible what has happened. I don't think any free society would want there media to judge what is or is not appropriate.
This.

It's the responsibility of an individual to decide what they want to know about - what they want inside their head.

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

nexus wrote:OK - going to post a link to this image. If you don't want to look at it then please don't click.

Reason I am posting it is it appears the damage was done by hitting the end of the barrier, not so much the tractor.

The tractor has been moved off of the car by then, there is a picture of it with the wheels poking out from underneath.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

Echo1

Post by Echo1 »

I don't think they'll be a good outcome from this. :-(

Anupam

Post by Anupam »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
It is the news medias job to describe as accurately as possible what has happened. I don't think any free society would want there media to judge what is or is not appropriate.

SPOT ON!

If you don't want to see the pictures, don't see them. While I agree that sensationalism out of morbid curiousity isn't encouraging, allowing the media to decide what is appropriate or not is absolutely not acceptable in the free world.

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

nexus wrote:OK - going to post a link to this image. If you don't want to look at it then please don't click.

I think the car has already gone under the tractor by this point.

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

F1zen wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
It is the medias job to describe as accurately as possible what has happened. I don't think any free society would want there media to judge what is or is not appropriate.
This.

It's the responsibility of an individual to decide what they want to know about - what they want inside their head.
True, but I find it disturbing the sorts of things that people will gleefully engage in watching. It scares me.

Alex53

Post by Alex53 »

Different people look at the pictures differently. Some may take some kind of morbid pleasure out of it, whereas other have been following this sport for 20 or 30 years and simply want to analyse what they see, understand the failings, and form an opinion on how something like this could be avoided in the future. When debate does not happen publicly it often gets dominated by monetary and other interests and the outcome is not necessarily in the best interests of those affected.

Constantly showing a decaffeinated version of events to people simply makes them unaware of the real dangers anyway. Life isn't an episode of the A Team, where 300 rounds are fired but they never actually hit anyone.

Gore and legitimate information are often intertwined and denying one, denies the other. It's a hard one to answer, so I wish people were not so judgmental of how information is shown and simply avoided what they don't want to see.
Last edited by Alex53 on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Explorer1800

Post by Explorer1800 »

Exediron wrote:

And to F1's credit they are pretty staunch about these things. But as time passes the video comes out and gets put on youtube etc.
I think despite our best intentions that it is somewhat in our nature to want to know and see the fate of a fellow being.
Still hanging out for good news.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
Finally someone with common sense here. :thumbup:
eeee

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

Part of the reason people love watching F1 is that they're doing 200MPH and it's damn dangerous Fly. Some people would say that's a strange thing to gleefully watch. If people are intrigued it should be their decision to look or not.
Last edited by pubpokerplayer on Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

simeon

Post by simeon »

I appreciate that posting links and actual images of the scene is seen as bad taste.
But it has taken me the best part of 1/2 an hour to figure out what has happened to the poor guy while everyone tip-toes around reality.
Yes, it does appear that Bianchi slid sideways into the rear of the JCB where the counterweight is in almost exactly the same slide path that Sutil did. The counterweight isn't going to give one millimeter and is quite high so this explains the heavy damage to the upper part of the car. It also appears that the Marrusia has been dragged forwards to facilitate getting Bianchi out for treatment.

Quite why I have struggled to find this out mystifies me and I didn't post one link or photo did I?

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Anupam wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
SPOT ON!

If you don't want to see the pictures, don't see them. While I agree that sensationalism out of morbid curiousity isn't encouraging, allowing the media to decide what is appropriate or not is absolutely not acceptable in the free world.
I'm not talking about pictures here, I'm specifically talking about showing endless replays of things like fatal accidents on the news. Information is one thing, and that's another.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (6 wins, 18 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

flyboy10 wrote:
F1zen wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Exediron wrote:
This.

True, but I find it disturbing the sorts of things that people will gleefully engage in watching. It scares me.
I think people just want to piece together what happened.

Owain

Post by Owain »

All I can say is I hope I'm reading the state of the car in these pics totally wrong.

wj_gibson

Post by wj_gibson »

Clearly there is a need to learn lessons from this. I recall Liuzzi coming within about five feet of sliding under one of these vehicles at the Nurburgring in 2007 (when half the field slid off at T1 on the second lap). Since then I've always winced whenever the tractors are out and about.