Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
User avatar
Laura23
Posts: 8767
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Location: London

Re: Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Post by Laura23 »

Rekonizakilla wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:Certain posters on this thread said "we shouldn't be aloud to talk about it", " it's not fair on his family" when I posted about the suspect in the theft case the other day, and it was quickly locked. We can't talk about Michael Schumacher still because that's deemed insensitive.

Why the double standards, mods? Don't get me wrong, I think people should be aloud to talk about all things, and simply have the inappropriate posts banned or removed. The precedent has been set now, so good luck explaining this one.

We know what happened her and the guy is dead. There is no speculating on his condition etc because the outcome is already final. As for Stewart, we know he did hit him and we know the kid did walk out onto a live race track. This is a motorsports event as well so has a clear link to this particular forum, the Schumacher incident did not because it occurred on a ski slope.

If Ward was still alive and his condition unclear then yes, it would be unfair to speculate on it and cause more confusion. The same was true of the Schumacher situation. The theft of his medical files had nothing to do with F1 and it is a situation that is still ongoing and still apparently very sensitive to his family. The mods were protecting the forum from anyone possibly posting libel.

The two situations are very different. In any case I wouldn't blame the mods for locking the either if they choose to do so.


Yeah, but people are speculating as to whether Stewart intentionally hit Ward. The drivers are almost encouraged to act like friends, and Stewart himself had done the same in the past. For the sake of argument, here's what the mods said:

"Ok, once again we are speculating on details about which speculation is rather inappropriate. We do try to leave things open wherever possible but there is no F1 connection in this since Schumacher is no longer in a position to even drive, let alone still racing. It is also rather futile speculation as we cannot possibly have all the details."

As for relevance to f1, there's an off topic section as you know, which has even got threads about wars and other sensitive issues which people speculate about. Please feel free to put them in order of sensitivity.

Have you ever seen that SouthPark episode where Cartman tries to get Family guy pulled off air?

I don't watch rubbish like South Park.

I maintain the two situations are different though.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

User avatar
Laura23
Posts: 8767
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Location: London

Re: Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Post by Laura23 »

Martin K wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:Certain posters on this thread said "we shouldn't be aloud to talk about it", " it's not fair on his family" when I posted about the suspect in the theft case the other day, and it was quickly locked. We can't talk about Michael Schumacher still because that's deemed insensitive.

Why the double standards, mods? Don't get me wrong, I think people should be aloud to talk about all things, and simply have the inappropriate posts banned or removed. The precedent has been set now, so good luck explaining this one.

We know what happened her and the guy is dead. There is no speculating on his condition etc because the outcome is already final. As for Stewart, we know he did hit him and we know the kid did walk out onto a live race track. This is a motorsports event as well so has a clear link to this particular forum, the Schumacher incident did not because it occurred on a ski slope.

If Ward was still alive and his condition unclear then yes, it would be unfair to speculate on it and cause more confusion. The same was true of the Schumacher situation. The theft of his medical files had nothing to do with F1 and it is a situation that is still ongoing and still apparently very sensitive to his family. The mods were protecting the forum from anyone possibly posting libel.

The two situations are very different. In any case I wouldn't blame the mods for locking the either if they choose to do so.


That still does not explain why it's apparently ok to have discussions of this nature on the main PF1 site
http://www.planetf1.com/driver/18227/9409134/Schumacher-theft-suspect-found-dead
but not on the forum :?

The main site is nothing to do with the mods on here.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

User avatar
minchy
Posts: 5304
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Post by minchy »

Rekonizakilla wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:Certain posters on this thread said "we shouldn't be aloud to talk about it", " it's not fair on his family" when I posted about the suspect in the theft case the other day, and it was quickly locked. We can't talk about Michael Schumacher still because that's deemed insensitive.

Why the double standards, mods? Don't get me wrong, I think people should be aloud to talk about all things, and simply have the inappropriate posts banned or removed. The precedent has been set now, so good luck explaining this one.

We know what happened her and the guy is dead. There is no speculating on his condition etc because the outcome is already final. As for Stewart, we know he did hit him and we know the kid did walk out onto a live race track. This is a motorsports event as well so has a clear link to this particular forum, the Schumacher incident did not because it occurred on a ski slope.

If Ward was still alive and his condition unclear then yes, it would be unfair to speculate on it and cause more confusion. The same was true of the Schumacher situation. The theft of his medical files had nothing to do with F1 and it is a situation that is still ongoing and still apparently very sensitive to his family. The mods were protecting the forum from anyone possibly posting libel.

The two situations are very different. In any case I wouldn't blame the mods for locking the either if they choose to do so.


Yeah, but people are speculating as to whether Stewart intentionally hit Ward. The drivers are almost encouraged to act like friends, and Stewart himself had done the same in the past. For the sake of argument, here's what the mods said:

"Ok, once again we are speculating on details about which speculation is rather inappropriate. We do try to leave things open wherever possible but there is no F1 connection in this since Schumacher is no longer in a position to even drive, let alone still racing. It is also rather futile speculation as we cannot possibly have all the details."

As for relevance to f1, there's an off topic section as you know, which has even got threads about wars and other sensitive issues which people speculate about. Please feel free to put them in order of sensitivity.

Have you ever seen that SouthPark episode where Cartman tries to get Family guy pulled off air?

I agree with Laura, the Schumacher stolen documents and thief hanging is pure speculation as to what happened and we have no details, therefore it would be inappropriate to discuss speculation when someones life has been lost in unusual circumstances.

This however, we have video evidence as to what has happened and so far I have seen no one actually saying that they know for definite what has happened regarding Stewart's driving, and have all made sure that they say they are unsure but it looks like etc.

It is also an 'F1 & Motorsport' forum, and this quite clearly is a motorsport incident as it happened on track during a race and not in a jail cell due to another non-motorsport related crime.

If the mods have a different view to us posters, I'm sure they will let us know. You can always PM them or report the thread if you feel it inappropriate.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

User avatar
Laura23
Posts: 8767
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:56 am
Location: London

Re: Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Post by Laura23 »

minchy wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:Certain posters on this thread said "we shouldn't be aloud to talk about it", " it's not fair on his family" when I posted about the suspect in the theft case the other day, and it was quickly locked. We can't talk about Michael Schumacher still because that's deemed insensitive.

Why the double standards, mods? Don't get me wrong, I think people should be aloud to talk about all things, and simply have the inappropriate posts banned or removed. The precedent has been set now, so good luck explaining this one.

We know what happened her and the guy is dead. There is no speculating on his condition etc because the outcome is already final. As for Stewart, we know he did hit him and we know the kid did walk out onto a live race track. This is a motorsports event as well so has a clear link to this particular forum, the Schumacher incident did not because it occurred on a ski slope.

If Ward was still alive and his condition unclear then yes, it would be unfair to speculate on it and cause more confusion. The same was true of the Schumacher situation. The theft of his medical files had nothing to do with F1 and it is a situation that is still ongoing and still apparently very sensitive to his family. The mods were protecting the forum from anyone possibly posting libel.

The two situations are very different. In any case I wouldn't blame the mods for locking the either if they choose to do so.


Yeah, but people are speculating as to whether Stewart intentionally hit Ward. The drivers are almost encouraged to act like friends, and Stewart himself had done the same in the past. For the sake of argument, here's what the mods said:

"Ok, once again we are speculating on details about which speculation is rather inappropriate. We do try to leave things open wherever possible but there is no F1 connection in this since Schumacher is no longer in a position to even drive, let alone still racing. It is also rather futile speculation as we cannot possibly have all the details."

As for relevance to f1, there's an off topic section as you know, which has even got threads about wars and other sensitive issues which people speculate about. Please feel free to put them in order of sensitivity.

Have you ever seen that SouthPark episode where Cartman tries to get Family guy pulled off air?

I agree with Laura, the Schumacher stolen documents and thief hanging is pure speculation as to what happened and we have no details, therefore it would be inappropriate to discuss speculation when someones life has been lost in unusual circumstances.

This however, we have video evidence as to what has happened and so far I have seen no one actually saying that they know for definite what has happened regarding Stewart's driving, and have all made sure that they say they are unsure but it looks like etc.

It is also an 'F1 & Motorsport' forum, and this quite clearly is a motorsport incident as it happened on track during a race and not in a jail cell due to another non-motorsport related crime.

If the mods have a different view to us posters, I'm sure they will let us know. You can always PM them or report the thread if you feel it inappropriate.

:thumbup:
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Rekonizakilla
Posts: 274
Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:49 am

Re: Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Post by Rekonizakilla »

minchy wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:
Laura23 wrote:
Rekonizakilla wrote:Certain posters on this thread said "we shouldn't be aloud to talk about it", " it's not fair on his family" when I posted about the suspect in the theft case the other day, and it was quickly locked. We can't talk about Michael Schumacher still because that's deemed insensitive.

Why the double standards, mods? Don't get me wrong, I think people should be aloud to talk about all things, and simply have the inappropriate posts banned or removed. The precedent has been set now, so good luck explaining this one.

We know what happened her and the guy is dead. There is no speculating on his condition etc because the outcome is already final. As for Stewart, we know he did hit him and we know the kid did walk out onto a live race track. This is a motorsports event as well so has a clear link to this particular forum, the Schumacher incident did not because it occurred on a ski slope.

If Ward was still alive and his condition unclear then yes, it would be unfair to speculate on it and cause more confusion. The same was true of the Schumacher situation. The theft of his medical files had nothing to do with F1 and it is a situation that is still ongoing and still apparently very sensitive to his family. The mods were protecting the forum from anyone possibly posting libel.

The two situations are very different. In any case I wouldn't blame the mods for locking the either if they choose to do so.


Yeah, but people are speculating as to whether Stewart intentionally hit Ward. The drivers are almost encouraged to act like friends, and Stewart himself had done the same in the past. For the sake of argument, here's what the mods said:

"Ok, once again we are speculating on details about which speculation is rather inappropriate. We do try to leave things open wherever possible but there is no F1 connection in this since Schumacher is no longer in a position to even drive, let alone still racing. It is also rather futile speculation as we cannot possibly have all the details."

As for relevance to f1, there's an off topic section as you know, which has even got threads about wars and other sensitive issues which people speculate about. Please feel free to put them in order of sensitivity.

Have you ever seen that SouthPark episode where Cartman tries to get Family guy pulled off air?

I agree with Laura, the Schumacher stolen documents and thief hanging is pure speculation as to what happened and we have no details, therefore it would be inappropriate to discuss speculation when someones life has been lost in unusual circumstances.

This however, we have video evidence as to what has happened and so far I have seen no one actually saying that they know for definite what has happened regarding Stewart's driving, and have all made sure that they say they are unsure but it looks like etc.

It is also an 'F1 & Motorsport' forum, and this quite clearly is a motorsport incident as it happened on track during a race and not in a jail cell due to another non-motorsport related crime.

If the mods have a different view to us posters, I'm sure they will let us know. You can always PM them or report the thread if you feel it inappropriate.


No, I don't feel the need for censorship. That's my point.
But then you say "this is okay because we have evidence"
. The evidence being one shaky hand cam from side on.

"And they've all made sure the say that their unsure but it looks like etc"

Do you even know what speculation is?

Mod Grey
Posts: 156
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:49 pm

Re: Kevin Ward Jr killed in Sprint Car incident.

Post by Mod Grey »

As I can see this thread moving away from the original subject, that being about a driver who has sadly died doing the sport he loved, I'm going to put the thread on 'pause' for now. I will be speaking to PF1 mod later today and we will decide then if we will allow this horrible incident to be discussed.

Locked