Maldonado
0%
Kvyat
No votes

Total votes: 428

AngusWolfe

Re: Driver of the race Hungary 2014

Post by AngusWolfe »

Either Ricciardo or Alonso, voted Ricciardo simply because he finished first. Amazing result from Hamilton, but was again too sloppy for DotD, while ALO and RIC were perfect.
IV

dogboy

Post by dogboy »

WHAT...?

What were these few mistakes apart from turn 2 with stone cold brakes Hamilton did?

I saw him doing two or three mistakes...you are free to vote whatever driver you want,but is incredible that i make a list and Hamilton isnt even in the top five...i have to agree with Ricciardo performance or even Raikkonen(no mistakes,starting from behind with a lawn mower)...but Hamilton ? really ??...

Rekonizakilla

Post by Rekonizakilla »

dogboy wrote:
Clarky wrote:
dogboy wrote:
The lack of credit Hamilton gets in incredible.

What is incredible is the credit he gets...he did a few mistakes,that mistakes with a Ferrari could be 8th or worst...Im tired to watch Alonso driving perfect all the race and later on the "driver of the race is Hamilton"...of course,he only have the best car(probably 0,5-1 second faster than every other car)

RIIIIIIIIIIGHT...!

What were these few mistake apart from turn 2 with stone cold brakes?

Alonso with that mistake could finish probably 6th or worst...only with that mistake...Hamilton was unable to pass alonso with fresh tyres,without saving fuel(Alonso had,like all the races,the red light who indicates that he is saving fuel),more top speed,DRS...

Kimi was 6th. Started 16th and was held up by a Sauber for ages.

Maybe, just maybe the Ferrari wasn't that bad today. Alonso, Hamilton and Ricciardo all had excellent races. That's what a podium should look like.

And why do you claim Hamilton had fresh tyres? They were old mediums.
Last edited by Rekonizakilla on Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

imbrugliaboy

Post by imbrugliaboy »

dogboy wrote:
WHAT...?

What were these few mistakes apart from turn 2 with stone cold brakes Hamilton did?

I saw him doing two or three mistakes...you are free to vote whatever driver you want,but is incredible that i make a list and Hamilton isnt even in the top five...i have to agree with Ricciardo performance or even Raikkonen(no mistakes,starting from behind with a lawn mower)...but Hamilton ? really ??...

Can you provide links to these mistakes please. I'm looking forward to seeing them as I missed them during the race.
Is not happy today!

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

I've missed Alonso fans vs Hamilton fans.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

dogboy wrote:
WHAT...?

I voted equally for Hamilton, Ricciardo and Alonso did not pick 1 driver.

I can only remember the mistake at turn 2 which was down to stone cold brakes but as you seem to have seen more please do share.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Laura23 wrote:I've missed Alonso fans vs Hamilton fans.

I keep clicking on this thread in hopes of catching a dogboy/Peter77/"anyone of the Lewis hardcore fanbois" face-off. My popcorns are getting cold...

jase.2

Post by jase.2 »

Hamilton was LUCKY driver of the day with each safety car letting him catch up to the front, but he certainly wasnt the REAL driver of the day imo, that was Alonso, no one else would have kept that Ferrari up there on those tyres for so long keeping much better cars behind

If Hamilton was soooooo good why didnt he get past alonso........but as usual the British media thinks he is untouchable

James14

Post by James14 »

Ricciardo, Alonso and Hamilton.

Daniel is a future world champion for me with out a doubt.

F1yer

Post by F1yer »

All three podium finishers were extremely lucky today.

Still Dan did a gret job in overtaking so Dan for me

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

jase.2 wrote:Hamilton was LUCKY driver of the day with each safety car letting him catch up to the front, but he certainly wasnt the REAL driver of the day imo, that was Alonso, no one else would have kept that Ferrari up there on those tyres for so long keeping much better cars behind

If Hamilton was soooooo good why didnt he get past alonso........but as usual the British media thinks he is untouchable

Alonso on shot options and Hamilton on shot Primes.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

F1yer wrote:All three podium finishers were extremely lucky today.

Yup, without the safety cars we'd probably be looking at a Nico/Bottas/Vettel podium, but such is racing.

Aussie Grit

Post by Aussie Grit »

UnlikeUday wrote:Does any one still care for the sound of the cars when the racing is so good?

No, not really.. Providing that they actually have a sound, i'm not too bothered.
Supporting Alonso, Ricciardo and Hulk.

Find it hard to resist responding to stupid posts.

James14

Post by James14 »

There is no doubt circumstances helped the top 3 massively. But they had a lot of work to do to get their respective positions.

babararacucudada

Post by babararacucudada »

I'd give it to Ricciardo - he drove to make his good strategy work and was conserving his tyres when he had to and aggressive overtaking when necessary.

imbrugliaboy

Post by imbrugliaboy »

Covalent wrote:

Yup, without the safety cars we'd probably be looking at a Nico/Bottas/Vettel podium, but such is racing.

And without Hamiltons Qualy problems what would we be looking at then?
Is not happy today!

Blinky McSquinty

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

Ricciardo, his drive was the stuff of kids growing up to be racers. Alonso for taking a car only good enough for 6th and being a genuine challenger for the win. The rain and safety car set the stage for the dry racing, and both Ricciardo and Alonso proved that against a Mercedes that was a lot quicker, prevailed.

TakumaSatoforthewin

Post by TakumaSatoforthewin »

I think Alonso takes this one, was on the right strategy true but maximised it making only one mistake I saw and could hold of Hamilton for the last 15 laps in a slower car even if they didn't have similar wear. He would never have been able to hold Ricciardo but 2nd is a great result for the team.

Ricciardo tbh did what was required of him but that's it. He was on the best strategy and pulled some good overtakes but did take his time to pass Hamilton.

Rosberg and Hamilton both made quite a few mistakes, very slow to overtake although Hamilton did do a good job of defending from Ricciardo.

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

I've seen a few posts saying Hamilton had done a few mistakes can anyone enlighten me of these?

The only one I know if turn 2 at the start.

oz_karter

Post by oz_karter »

Ricciardo for me. His overtaking never fails and he worked his tyres perfectly.

One question: How many races this year has Ricciardo NOT been a lead contender for DOTR?

Migen

Post by Migen »

Same as last week, I`ll go again for a joint driver of the day between Ricchiardo and Hamilton.
Probably Alonso should be there too, its just that he`s won so many podiums against all the odds, that it does not really impress me anymore... although it certainly is impressive.

Lojik

Post by Lojik »

Covalent wrote:
Laura23 wrote:I've missed Alonso fans vs Hamilton fans.

I keep clicking on this thread in hopes of catching a dogboy/Peter77/"anyone of the Lewis hardcore fanbois" face-off. My popcorns are getting cold...

Like you are any better :lol:

Schumacher forever#1

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

Covalent wrote:

Alonso wasn't lucky from the safety cars. In fact, he was very unlucky in that he was the last person to miss out on the safety car pitstop. Podium probably have been Alonso, without the vettel spin.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

Harpo

Post by Harpo »

James14 wrote:

There is no doubt circumstances helped the top 3 massively. But they had a lot of work to do to get their respective positions.

It helped massively only Ricciardo and Hamilton. Alonso was one of the four drivers who were hampered by the safety car. That he is the only one of the said four on the podium, driving the sh*t box (® Lauda) to boot, should be enough to make him Driver of the day...
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".

moby

Post by moby »

I dont know how anyone can vote other than Hamilton.

He finished infront of the pole man (same car) and all but 2 other drivers finish behind him, and the two infront started 4 and 5, also behind the other Merc which had a trouble free run.

dogboy

Post by dogboy »

There is no doubt that the cars helped Hamilton and Rosberg in the 11 last races...the circunstances in this race was tough circunstances,when the track was difficult Alonso was the fastest man on track...for me thats not luck.

Look at those tyres...look at Raikkonen where he is in the championship(Alonso 4th with 115 points and Raikkonen 11th with 27...and Raikkonen was considered top F1)...look at the on boards,Alonso is just sliding in every corner,that car is s*it...i think that i never seen this kind of driving skills since Senna...

WHoff78

Post by WHoff78 »

So now Hamilton drives from the pits and is battling with Alonso & DR the last 5 laps, for the lead of the race, bearing in mind no driver has ever won from the pits before. Now I can understand people voting for others, but how anyone can discount people who vote for Hamilton is simply ridiculous. And yet I'm not one little but surprised. Who cares who people vote for, that 3 points gain is massive :-)

Pimpwerx

Post by Pimpwerx »

I voted the Top3. Yes, Lewis had an early off, but still brought home 3rd, ahead of his teammate the pole sitter. And he had the overtake of the race, if not the season on Vergne. PEACE.

Rekonizakilla

Post by Rekonizakilla »

dogboy wrote:

There is no doubt that the cars helped Hamilton and Rosberg in the 11 last races...the circunstances in this race was tough circunstances,when the track was difficult Alonso was the fastest man on track...for me thats not luck.

Look at those tyres...look at Raikkonen where he is in the championship(Alonso 4th with 115 points and Raikkonen 11th with 27...and Raikkonen was considered top F1)...look at the on boards,Alonso is just sliding in every corner,that car is s*it...i think that i never seen this kind of driving skills since Senna...

What's your point?, All drivers pick up marbles off the racing line to add weight.

F1yer

Post by F1yer »

dogboy wrote:

He s alright driver but no Senna !!

Vettel is more Senna like... did u not see the mad doughnut at full speed he pulled to show his frustration at the SC ?

Now thats called sliding

funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

imbrugliaboy wrote:
Covalent wrote:

And without Hamiltons Qualy problems what would we be looking at then?

Probably same thing that happened to Nico. Without him starting from pitlane, he might have been hugely disadvantaged during the safety car stint. Who knows. In such whacky races, it is not always bad to be behind in the beginning.

F1yer

Post by F1yer »

WHoff78 wrote:So now Hamilton drives from the pits and is battling with Alonso & DR the last 5 laps, for the lead of the race, bearing in mind no driver has ever won from the pits before. Now I can understand people voting for others, but how anyone can discount people who vote for Hamilton is simply ridiculous. And yet I'm not one little but surprised. Who cares who people vote for, that 3 points gain is massive :-)

Yeah massive 3 points ...

What will he do when he gets another Qualy whitewash and the team doesnt save his donkey because he himself started the precedent of ignoring TOs... and called the team "saboteurs " (#beyond bad luck )

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

Ricciardo, Alonso and Hamilton are the drivers of the day.

tootsie323

Post by tootsie323 »

Migen wrote:... Probably Alonso should be there too, its just that he`s won so many podiums against all the odds, that it does not really impress me anymore... although it certainly is impressive.
That is some backhanded compliment!

Difficult to split the top three. Assuming the Ferrari is not a top-three car at the moment, I'd split the hair on Fernando... compromised, if anything, by the safety car(s) and hung on to options at the end for far longer than they should be lasting.

On the other two, Daniel took the opportunity when it came and Lewis fought back (yes, helped by the SCs) with a car that was virtually rebuilt overnight (it took him a whilte to get comfortable with it).
Where I'm going, I don't need roads

paulsf1fix

Post by paulsf1fix »

I think my vote goes to Seb for keeping it out of the wall, the others are too obvious.

DOLOMITE

Post by DOLOMITE »

Alonso was a monster as always but I'm giving it to Ricciardo. Tricky race with changing conditions, safety cars, a lot going on strategy wise, definitely a case of picking your battles, so to come through that and pass 2 World Champs on track for the win is enough to get my vote.
"I'd rather lose a race going fast enough to win it, than win one going slow enough to lose it".
-Stirling Moss

Spyhawk

Post by Spyhawk »

DOLOMITE wrote:Alonso was a monster as always but I'm giving it to Ricciardo. Tricky race with changing conditions, safety cars, a lot going on strategy wise, definitely a case of picking your battles, so to come through that and pass 2 World Champs on track for the win is enough to get my vote.

Ricciardo had way fresher options and a much faster car than the Ferrari on this circuit with 10 laps to go. Also he got a huge advantage with the sc. Alonso had to work his way back from 8th after the sc after whereas he was 4th before that. Also defending the way he did against faster cars to almost win the race with just several laps to go on terminated rubber is top notch stuff.

Although several other drivers including the top 3 had great races my vote has to go to Alonso.

specdecible

Post by specdecible »

Ricciardo DOTD - Yes he benefited from the safety car but he maximised that advantage and overtook Hamilton and Alonso to win

2nd: Alonso - Beat the Mercs in a straight up fight

3rd: Vergne - Drove a great race to come home in 9th and held off Rosberg, no mistakes

4th: Hamilton - Great comeback but that spin almost made him an early DNF

5th: Räikkönen - 16th to 6th top job, but should never have started 16th in the first place

6th: Sutil - Was running in the points for a while, finished less than a second behind Button

7th: Rosberg - Lost out big time due to safety car, not passing Vergne cost him the win

8th: Massa - Seemed to lack pace but made no errors during the race

9th: Bianchi - Despite being hit by Maldonado finished ahead of his team mate

10th: Button - Big strategy mistake, but despite that lacked pace on dry tyres

11th: Vettel - Good pace in the first stage of the race, but that spin cost him any chance of a good result

12th: Magnussen - Pretty much invisible the whole race, however ran same strategy as Button

13th: Bottas - Started 3rd, finished 8th. Disappointing.

14th: Kvyat - Can't remember anything from his race despite stalling on the warm up, finished a long way behind his team mate

15th: Chilton - Last of the finishing cars

16th: Maldonado - Hit a Marussia, enough said.
Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco '12 & '15, Silverstone '14, Austria '15, Mexico '15, China '16)
Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: oh jeez...

lbennie

Post by lbennie »

Spyhawk wrote:
DOLOMITE wrote:Alonso was a monster as always but I'm giving it to Ricciardo. Tricky race with changing conditions, safety cars, a lot going on strategy wise, definitely a case of picking your battles, so to come through that and pass 2 World Champs on track for the win is enough to get my vote.

Ricciardo had way fresher options and a much faster car than the Ferrari on this circuit with 10 laps to go. Also he got a huge advantage with the sc. Alonso had to work his way back from 8th after the sc after whereas he was 4th before that. Also defending the way he did against faster cars to almost win the race with just several laps to go on terminated rubber is top notch stuff.

Although several other drivers including the top 3 had great races my vote has to go to Alonso.

The second SC wiped out the 15 sec gap he had on the others.

He got lucky with the first SC but unlucky with the second.

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Clarky wrote:
dogboy wrote:
WHAT...?

I voted equally for Hamilton, Ricciardo and Alonso did not pick 1 driver.

I can only remember the mistake at turn 2 which was down to stone cold brakes but as you seem to have seen more please do share.

Yeo :thumbup:

I don't think number of mistakes matter. If they are minor mistakes like locking brakes or going wide, they shouldn't really matter. The performance in whole race matters. Even major mistakes can be forgiven if the rest of the race is superb. See Button and Canadian GP in 2011. He took down his teammate, yet his race was superb.
eeee