Kvyat
0%
Grosjean
8%

Total votes: 230

KurtC

Re: Driver of the Spanish GP?

Post by KurtC »

Vettel , came from behind managed well his strategy, some good overtakes, without SC aid, was a well drove race.....

Blinky McSquinty

Post by Blinky McSquinty »

Because he drove an almost flawless race and won, Hamilton wins as the driver of the race. But there were some absolutely stellar performances by others.

Rosberg was amazing, after the first round of pit stops he put Hamilton under immense pressure all the way to the end. His race pace and strategy was so good, only Hamilton's Oscar-worthy start was the saving move. Make no mistake, he is a juggernaut, so formidable that the race engineer had to hold Hamilton's hand to contain his anxieties.

Ricciardo quietly finished on the podium, that in itself is confirmation that Red Bull picked the right driver to replace Webber.

Bottas deserves mention, make no mistake, Massa is still a very good driver, and to beat him in this way is amazing.

Now we get to Vettel. He silenced the idiots who wish him misfortune, because he started deep in the pack, passed a lot of cars with bravado, and set the fastest lap of the race. He did everything they said he could not do.

j man

Post by j man »

I'd have to say Vettel for an excellent comeback drive from 15th on the grid. Even more impressive when you consider how much set-up time he lost on Friday.

Quark

Post by Quark »

Vettel.

Alienturnedhuman

Post by Alienturnedhuman »

Vettel, both for his performance and for the irony in him providing the most entertainment after years of his domoination providing the boredom.

Irbis

Post by Irbis »

iAltair wrote:C'mon, Vettel setting fastest lap in the race when it should be easily the Mercedes?

Yeah. There are really people who would rate someone who whined at his race engineer whole race, to the point commentators who normally love him started to make fun out of him? "Imodium helps with that"? That was some Max Chilton grade 'cruising to the end' at best.

And he almost lost it to driver the same people bashed as average, not realizing how that makes their idol look? :uhoh:

Warheart01

Post by Warheart01 »

Vettel.

Hamilton and Grosjean got my votes too.

The Mercedes is a dominant car, but wow that Red Bull is a good step ahead of the rest aswell.

mikey

Post by mikey »

Irbis wrote:
iAltair wrote:C'mon, Vettel setting fastest lap in the race when it should be easily the Mercedes?

Yeah. There are really people who would rate someone who whined at his race engineer whole race, to the point commentators who normally love him started to make fun out of him? "Imodium helps with that"? That was some Max Chilton grade 'cruising to the end' at best.

And he almost lost it to driver the same people bashed as average, not realizing how that makes their idol look? :uhoh:

awww I see the love fest with Lewis continues for you,so cute.

POBRatings

Post by POBRatings »

Good to see Vettel prove his doubters wrong, including Alonso who queried how he'd do in a non-top car. Those four titles with many races from the front did not all come from the car; like Clark's Lotuses, the Red Bull-Renaults had to be driven well.

And Kimi showed he could still pedal too.

Hope we have many more rain-and safetycar-free qualy sessions and races. And no more grid penalties which further disguise drivers' real abilities.

Vettel for dotd, then Bottas for me.

Amon

Post by Amon »

Many drivers did well: Lewis endured the pressure from Nico, Nico fought until the last lap. Ricciardo overtook Bottas during pit stops but he actually attempted to get past him on track before that. Bottas totally destroyed Massa. Vettel is th eman of the race for me from 15th to 4th. Alonso again beat his teammate. Grosjean actually held on pretty long on his 5th place before the first round of pitstops, did well to score points. Perez looked better than Hulk all race and eventually got ahead of him passing him on track.
Poor race from the McLarens and Massa.
F1 fan since 1989

silkjet

Post by silkjet »

Vettel by a mile. Flat out did a great job.

JerCotter7

Post by JerCotter7 »

Was the poll reset or something? I had to vote twice. Also what did Ricciardo do today really to get racer of the day? He did a Rosberg but without any real screen time. He's had some crackers this season but I don't consider this race one of them.

For me it is Vettel for an amazing charge and Bottas for absolutely spanking his team mate and putting the car where it didn't deserve to be.

Fiki

Post by Fiki »

Rosberg. No explanation needed I think.
Use every man after his desert, and who should scape whipping? Use them after your own honour and dignity.

Maria de Villota - Jules Bianchi

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

Fiki wrote:Rosberg. No explanation needed I think.

?

TheBlackFlag

Post by TheBlackFlag »

I find Vettel insufferable but must give credit where credit is due. He really is a master.

Vettel.

wolfticket

Post by wolfticket »

I don't think people should underestimate quite how well Grosjean did to keep that Lotus in 5th for as long as he did. Him and the two Red Bulls for me.

It's difficult to judge quite how well Hamilton and Rosberg are driving when they are so close to each other and so far ahead of the rest.
===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶===

schumi7

Post by schumi7 »

Seb, definitely. Honourable mention to Grosjean.
米克尔 科琳娜 吉娜 米克
Keep Fighting Michael!

Ciao Jules

pokerman

Post by pokerman »

I had to vote for Vettel, he went from 15th to 4th, also very good drive from Grosjean despite his car losing power towards the end of the race, he was beating both Ferrari's before his problems.
Lewis Hamilton #44

World Drivers Titles: 7 (1st)
Grand Prix Wins: 95 (1st)
Pole Positions: 98 (1st)
Podiums: 164 (1st)

PF1 Pick 10 Competition
2014: Champion

veffy

Post by veffy »

Vettel, not a huge fan of the guy but he was excellent today. Also happy to see Bottas up there. I've spent all season saying "this is the race Massa will get his act together" but it just hasnt really happened.

Grosjean did some good work but mostly happy to see the Lotus up in the mix.

The force india's felt less aggressive today than we've come to expect.

Jeepkhana

Post by Jeepkhana »

Hammer for winning like a boss after serious Rosberg pressure.

Vettel showed that the Red Bull is getting much better. He made several passes under braking that were not necessarily at the end of the straight.

oz_karter

Post by oz_karter »

Ricciardo was impressive to make the medium tyre last so long in his second stint and at serious pace. Put his podium beyond doubt.

Hard to ignore Vettel's drive through the field though. It definitely looked like he'd worked out the car and started to be really aggressive and confident with braking, turn-in and powering on the exit. The car was really on edge.

Hard to say how good Hamilton was given the car is so dominant, so he's not my driver of the race.

Vettel. (As much as I don't like him).

UnlikeUday

Post by UnlikeUday »

veffy wrote:Vettel, not a huge fan of the guy but he was excellent today. Also happy to see Bottas up there. I've spent all season saying "this is the race Massa will get his act together" but it just hasnt really happened.

However, the duo of Force India should get some credit for getting both cars in points on a track which seemed like a track where they were struggling in practice sessions.
Feel The Fourth

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

UnlikeUday wrote:
veffy wrote:Vettel, not a huge fan of the guy but he was excellent today. Also happy to see Bottas up there. I've spent all season saying "this is the race Massa will get his act together" but it just hasnt really happened.

However, the duo of Force India should get some credit for getting both cars in points on a track which seemed like a track where they were struggling in practice sessions.

Yes, I think they couldn't do better yesterday. I think Spain showed that Force India lacks a bit of downforce, but they are able to capitalize their engine advantage on tracks where power matters. Force Inida might be very fast in Spa or Monza.
eeee

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

imbrugliaboy wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:Bizarre choice of drivers in poll. Why Button or Massa and no Grosjean?

This. Grosjean was excellent

Starting 5th and dropping quicker than a hookers knickers kind of made me think he may of been not the driver of the race?

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis? He gamely held on to 5th until midway through his 2nd stint and the only cars to get by him were the Ferraris and Vettel. Great job if you consider his equipment.
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

:lol: ya there is
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

POBRatings

Post by POBRatings »

As Wolfticket and veffy said: Grosjean did very well to be so high up for so long. One of the most promising drivers who showed what he could do in a fast car in the 2013. And Lotus-Renault have made a huge improvement. Exceptional after what they've been through recently.

But Red Bull-Renault have gained so much to be second-best to Mercedes! So many good drivers, not enough top cars! As always.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

Vettel - Commanding drive through the field
Bottas - Extracted every bit of potential the car had, destroying his teammate in the process
Rosberg - Lost the win on Saturday, but was the faster Mercedes driver on Sunday

klauss

Post by klauss »

Hi Fiki !

on the contrary, I think you really owe us an explanation ... sort of. 8)
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the powerful as useful

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Covalent wrote:Vettel - Commanding drive through the field
Bottas - Extracted every bit of potential the car had, destroying his teammate in the process
Rosberg - Lost the win on Saturday, but was the faster Mercedes driver on Sunday

I don't get this. He lost in a straight fight.
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

mcdo wrote:

I realize it's a bit controversial, but as I said the fight was lost on saturday already. Had he managed to get pole position I have no doubt he would've won the race as he was the faster of the two (even admitted by Lewis) despite running in dirty air for the majority of the race.

F1yer

Post by F1yer »

My faith in this board is retored. Vettel is the DoD according to the polls.
Although - really speaking he finished where he should have based on the car performance and was simply out of position. Good entertainment though.

mikey

Post by mikey »

Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:

I realize it's a bit controversial, but as I said the fight was lost on saturday already. Had he managed to get pole position I have no doubt he would've won the race as he was the faster of the two (even admitted by Lewis) despite running in dirty air for the majority of the race.

But how in anyway can that make him driver of the day?
Starting in 2nd and not managing to overtake and finishing where you started can not make you driver of the day and not forgetting Lewis had two bad stops too and still Nico could not get the jump on him.

Herb

Post by Herb »

My three:

Vettel - Came through the field nicely - but I don't remember seeing that many overtakes - did the coverage miss them? Regardless, a great drive on a circuit that is difficult to pass on.

Hamilton - Didn't have his car set up to his liking, but his driving was faultless, I don't think Rosberg would have got near if it wasn't for the two botched pitstops.

Bottas - Almost took 2nd on the start, and kept Ricciardo behind him until the first pitstops when he was jumped. Finished a mile in front of his team mate in a car that has poor downforce.

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

I saw loads of Vettel overtakes. He made turn 10 his.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

mikey wrote:
Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Starting in 2nd and not managing to overtake and finishing where you started can not make you driver of the day and not forgetting Lewis had two bad stops too and still Nico could not get the jump on him.

By the reasons I stated. Both held their positions but one seemed faster than the other. Minsiscule differences. And note that he wasn't my driver of the day (that honor went to Vettel).

imbrugliaboy

Post by imbrugliaboy »

mcdo wrote:
imbrugliaboy wrote:
mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:Bizarre choice of drivers in poll. Why Button or Massa and no Grosjean?

Starting 5th and dropping quicker than a hookers knickers kind of made me think he may of been not the driver of the race?

What'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis? He gamely held on to 5th until midway through his 2nd stint and the only cars to get by him were the Ferraris and Vettel. Great job if you consider his equipment.

Its the result of posting whilst slightly tipsy, also known as hammered.
It's not the only stupid post I wrote yesterday.
Is not happy today!

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

imbrugliaboy wrote:
mcdo wrote:
imbrugliaboy wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Its the result of posting whilst slightly tipsy, also known as hammered.
It's not the only stupid post I wrote yesterday.

Been there bro
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

mikey

Post by mikey »

Covalent wrote:
mikey wrote:
Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:

By the reasons I stated. Both held their positions but one seemed faster than the other. Minsiscule differences. And note that he wasn't my driver of the day (that honor went to Vettel).

well you put 3 names so I can not read your mind which one you picked.The reasons you state do nothing to show why he should be considered tbh just that he was quicker and had help from Lewis having poor stops and still he could do nothing,even though people say he was quicker.

speedysoprano

Post by speedysoprano »

I'm not a Vettel fan, but I can't deny he drove an absolutely amazing race yesterday. I gained a huge amount of respect for him. He was my driver of the GP.

Hamilton was flawless, held off serious pressure from his teammate (even if he did have a bit of a whinge about it!) and did exactly what he needed to do.

I'm clearly a Ricciardo fan, but I really do think he deserves some credit for driving a great race yesterday. He made those tyres last so much longer than they should have and was putting in seriously good times for the whole stint. That's a skill worth applauding. Sure, he was a bit more anonymous than he has been, but we know he can race wheel to wheel and yesterday he did exactly what was needed for a very classy podium.
1)Team Daniel.
2)Team Lewis.

Reluctant Red Bull Fan - they just keep hiring Aussies.

RaggedMan

Post by RaggedMan »

Covalent wrote:
mikey wrote:
Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:

I had my giving an honorable mention to Rosberg after China questioned eventhough I gave DotD to Alonso. Even after you explain what is purely your opinion some will love to tell you that you're wrong for some reason.
{Insert clever sig line here}