0%
Grosjean
8%

Total votes: 230

imbrugliaboy

Driver of the Spanish GP?

Post by imbrugliaboy »

So who was the driver of the race

Added Grosjean for those who wanted him lol.
Last edited by imbrugliaboy on Sun May 11, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Is not happy today!

Clarky

Re: Driver of the Spanish GP?

Post by Clarky »

Vettel for me

James14

Post by James14 »

Vettel.

imbrugliaboy

Post by imbrugliaboy »

I think Vettel drove a great race today. One of his best.
Hamilton had Rosberg all over him the whole race and was able to win so he gets a vote.
Alonso is just relentless. No way should he have beat Kimi today but he did.

Those were my top 3.
Is not happy today!

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 »

Don't know how it can be anyone but Vettel, went from 15th to 4th on a track where overtaking is harder than normal and still made it look easy, showed some of the doubters that he can still cut it. If it wasn't for the gearbox problem I don't think Ricciardo would be celebrating his maiden podium (again).
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

Vettel drove very well, but I think he just displayed what we all already knew: Mercedes are miles ahead of Red Bull, who are miles ahead of everybody else. In the next few races I will be surprised if the top four aren't two Mercs followed by two Bulls, regardless of where they all qualify.

Bottas trounced Massa, so I'll give it to him.

Rockie

Post by Rockie »

Vettel what a drive nuff said!

Raikkonen for dismissing the myth about Alonso being relentless

Perez for quietly beating Hulkenberg

lamo

Post by lamo »

Ricardo for me, very controlled race.

Vettel drove a Webber back of the grid start race which grabs attention but Seb still seemed off Ricci again this weekend. My help his confidence having a good separate race from DR.

smoothcrim

Post by smoothcrim »

No way it was Vettel, he just drove a fast car too where it belonged.3 stops was the quicker strategy and if Alonso had clean air he would of beat Vettel.

Hamilton by a mile,withstood tremendous pressure and a car that wasnt to his liking.

RunningMan

Post by RunningMan »

Vettel.
Winter is Coming

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

Seb
"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

From 15th to 4th, now that's some show!
And he even overtook someone who said, "we'll see how he will show when he does not have a dominant car anymore".
The end is near

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

Bizarre choice of drivers in poll. Why Button or Massa and no Grosjean?
eeee

Mr.Wojo

Post by Mr.Wojo »

Vettel, he gained the most positions and did the best he could do with what he had at that moment

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

Vettel without a doubt for me.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 »

smoothcrim wrote:No way it was Vettel, he just drove a fast car too where it belonged.3 stops was the quicker strategy and if Alonso had clean air he would of beat Vettel.

Hamilton by a mile,withstood tremendous pressure and a car that wasnt to his liking.

Do you seriously buy the mind games from Hamilton that his car wasn't as well setup as Rosbergs?
Hamiltons car was setup to his liking, with the rear sliding a little. Imo he didn't come under tremendous pressure either, just a little at the end which was turned to nothing.

smoothcrim

Post by smoothcrim »

You could see the graining on his front left at the end and still he held on,on older slower tyres and drove error free all race under pressure from Rosberg.

Vettel was lucky Ferrari held fernando back and his strategy was optimal.Good drive none the less,but hamilton bagging 4 in a row is a fantastic achievement.

Bring on Monaco for 5 in a row.

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 »

smoothcrim wrote:You could see the graining on his front left at the end and still he held on,on older slower tyres and drove error free all race under pressure from Rosberg.

Vettel was lucky Ferrari held fernando back and his strategy was optimal.Good drive none the less,but hamilton bagging 4 in a row is a fantastic achievement.

Guess you also praise Vettel for getting 9 in a row last season then?

smoothcrim

Post by smoothcrim »

Yes child.

Vettel showed some blinding speed on fresh tyres, lets see how Monaco qualy pans out.

jrwb6e

Post by jrwb6e »

Hamilton, Vettel, and Bottas got my votes. Hamilton for holding off Rosberg with an inferior strategy, Vettel for his speed the last quarter of the race, and Bottas for showing more pace than Massa.

r1latty

Post by r1latty »

smoothcrim wrote:No way it was Vettel, he just drove a fast car too where it belonged.3 stops was the quicker strategy and if Alonso had clean air he would of beat Vettel.

Due to having no speed on the straights Vettel still had to pull off some pretty brave late braking moves. He controlled them all very well. I thought it was a refreshing change to see his racecraft, which some people still doubt because of the crashes in 2010, and the fact most of his wins have been from pole.
Last edited by r1latty on Sun May 11, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lojik

Post by Lojik »

Vettel

Prema

Post by Prema »

smoothcrim wrote:Hamilton by a mile,withstood tremendous pressure and a car that wasnt to his liking.

Nico never even came in to the position to mount a single attack. Credits to Lewis for the win that was to be his from the pole, but he was panicking today all over the radio the entire race. Maybe that is where from you are getting this impression that he "withstood tremendous pressure"?

smoothcrim

Post by smoothcrim »

You dont have to be 1 second behind to apply pressure, Lewis knew that 1 error would cost him the lead as nico was never more than 5 seconds behind.It was a very solid drive with much too lose, now he leads the standings with 4 wins in a row its a fantastic achievement, alot better than driving to 4th in a car capable of 3rd.

mikey

Post by mikey »

Robbo-92 wrote:
smoothcrim wrote:You could see the graining on his front left at the end and still he held on,on older slower tyres and drove error free all race under pressure from Rosberg.

Guess you also praise Vettel for getting 9 in a row last season then?

Why does somebody praising the achievement of a driver who drove a good race and doing it to win 4 in a row need that daft response?

Should he but in brackets I also praise seb for winning 9 in a row that is nothing to do with today's race?

For me today a good drive from Lewis but for me Seb is driver of the day(but I praise Alonso for being the driver of the day at last years Spanish GP)

Zoue

Post by Zoue »

I'll probably go with Vettel because he had to do more overtaking, although I'd say Ricciardo did very well, too. Alonso also did a great job in the second half and got about as much as he could out of the car

Qiwater

Post by Qiwater »

Prema wrote:
smoothcrim wrote:Hamilton by a mile,withstood tremendous pressure and a car that wasnt to his liking.

Nico never even came in to the position to mount a single attack. Credits to Lewis for the win that was to be his from the pole, but he was panicking today all over the radio the entire race. Maybe that is where from you are getting this impression that he "withstood tremendous pressure"?

I too was panicking from my armchair so I can't imagine how Lewis felt but whilst "panicking " on team radio to his engineer he managed to gain enough information to prevent Nico from mounting said attack.
These are the type of driving skills that were implied to be lacking in Lewis , knowing he had slower
older tyres and slower or equal race set-up he knew his speed alone would not keep Nico behind so he panicked on his radio and gathered vital information on Nico's sector times and knew where he had to prevent getting mugged by Nico.

A very controlled error free and intellectually strategic drive once again from Lewis.

imbrugliaboy

Post by imbrugliaboy »

Zoue wrote:I'll probably go with Vettel because he had to do more overtaking, although I'd say Ricciardo did very well, too. Alonso also did a great job in the second half and got about as much as he could out of the car

Vettel did an awesome job with his overtaking today!
I'm gobsmacked that all those guys allowed him to throw it down the inside of T10 every time.
I'm no F1 driver but i'd be parking the car in Vettels way every lap if i was them.
What happened lol?
Is not happy today!

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Vettel

Damn all setup time, a tough circuit to overtake, not great straightline speed, a fairy cakes start and still came home in 4th.

Amazing how well the Red Bull switched on during his final stint. Merc will be watching that closely.
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

dizlexik wrote:Bizarre choice of drivers in poll. Why Button or Massa and no Grosjean?

This. Grosjean was excellent
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Flash2k11

Post by Flash2k11 »

imbrugliaboy wrote:
Zoue wrote:I'll probably go with Vettel because he had to do more overtaking, although I'd say Ricciardo did very well, too. Alonso also did a great job in the second half and got about as much as he could out of the car

Vettel did an awesome job with his overtaking today!
I'm gobsmacked that all those guys allowed him to throw it down the inside of T10 every time.
I'm no F1 driver but i'd be parking the car in Vettels way every lap if i was them.
What happened lol?

Fighting a losing battle, he was on fresher tyres most of the time as well as being much faster, you waste more time trying to defend like crazy.
2018 Pick 10 Champion

jammin78

Post by jammin78 »

Vettel, Hamilton, Grosjean and Bottas for me. All four had great races. Hamilton was quite panicky over the radio, but he got the information he needed, and held off the apparently faster Rosberg. Watching the two trade sector times was very entertaining. What happened to Grosjean's speed later in the race? He seemed to drop off the pace after the first half.
"You are the universe expressing itself as a Human for a little while..."

F1creep

Post by F1creep »

Considering the race alone it can only be Vettel. Even though he had the 2nd best car, I liked his aggression. Always prepared to take risks when needed. A drive worthy of a champion.

iAltair

Post by iAltair »

C'mon, Vettel setting fastest lap in the race when it should be easily the Mercedes?

imbrugliaboy

Post by imbrugliaboy »

mcdo wrote:
dizlexik wrote:Bizarre choice of drivers in poll. Why Button or Massa and no Grosjean?

Starting 5th and dropping quicker than a hookers knickers kind of made me think he may of been not the driver of the race?
Is not happy today!

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

imbrugliaboy wrote:
mcdo wrote:

Starting 5th and dropping quicker than a hookers knickers kind of made me think he may of been not the driver of the race?

But why Massa and Button are there? Beside that it's not up to you to decide. Typically top 10 is on such a polls.
Last edited by dizlexik on Sun May 11, 2014 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eeee

Bacus

Post by Bacus »

It has to be Vettel.

As much as I don't like him, he proved why he's 4 times WDC.

Ballsy and efficient driving, he benefited fully from RBR's much superior grip over other cars, diving on the inside again and again and making it stick.

chaz986

Post by chaz986 »

Vitti for doing well from a very trying weekend, Ric for the ever present cheesy grin and being best of the rest and lewis for making it all look so easy but then the car is stupid good and you wonder if everbody else built cars for a different formula because for sure they did not get this one right.

TakumaSatoforthewin

Post by TakumaSatoforthewin »

Could have gone for the Mercs because they both drove very well with few mistakes, withstanding the pressure (especially Hamilton) but then again they should be driving well because they are in a race of their own so I chose Vettel, Bottas and Grosjean. Vettel after a slow start showed some really good pace and some ballsy overtakes, Bottas got pretty much the best result possible that he could of and some good defending early on while Massa was poaching his tyres back in 9th, Grosjean put up a good fight at times as well.

av-rated

Post by av-rated »

Vettel...credit where credit is do.
It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.