Is Vettel's new baby the reason...?

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
sjb266

Is Vettel's new baby the reason...?

Post by sjb266 »

I once read a quote from a leading F1 driver saying that having a kid costs you a few tenths... Time you can never get back because your whole headspace has been changed forever...

I'm no expert and I don't know which other drivers have kids but it's an interesting concept...

Vettel welcomed his new baby girl into the world earlier this year... It's not unreasonable to assume that having a new daughter would be having a least some impact on his once single minded determination to push the limits of himself and the car....

Just putting it out there...

nixxxon

Re: Is Vettel's new baby the reason...?

Post by nixxxon »

Oh yeah that really explains everything.... No.

VDV23

Post by VDV23 »

sjb266 wrote:I once read a quote from a leading F1 driver saying that having a kid costs you a few tenths... Time you can never get back because your whole headspace has been changed forever...

I'm no expert and I don't know which other drivers have kids but it's an interesting concept...

Vettel welcomed his new baby girl into the world earlier this year... It's not unreasonable to assume that having a new daughter would be having a least some impact on his once single minded determination to push the limits of himself and the car....

Just putting it out there...

Maybe that applied decades ago when F1 was extremely dangerous sport. Today - I don't think so.

Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

Seriously how many threads about Vettel struggling are going to be started. There are 20 similar threads already and counting.
"Talented drivers adapt, the mediocre ones complain."

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

I heard he got a text from his girlfriend before the race with only 3 kisses on the end whilst he has recently been accustomed to 5...

infi24r

Post by infi24r »

Peter77 wrote:Seriously how many threads about Vettel struggling are going to be started. There are 20 similar threads already and counting.

Its actually the recent lunar eclipse and the earths rotation in relation to the stars that are causing Vettel to be slower.

That, or he has a faster team mate and no longer has the fastest car.

Benici

Post by Benici »

If anything it should help - after all he likes a sticky rear end.

Peter77

Post by Peter77 »

Benici wrote:If anything it should help - after all he likes a sticky rear end.

Hahahahahaha
"Talented drivers adapt, the mediocre ones complain."

Chunky

Post by Chunky »

No. If anything it's Adrian's new baby that is the problem.

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

No. Having kids didn't exactly slow Schumacher down much.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

backdoc

Post by backdoc »

I believe it's the new moon. Only happens every 5th year for people with the initials SV. Bummer for Seb really, but I blame red bull for giving him the drive in 2009.

Black_Flag_11

Post by Black_Flag_11 »

Vettel is a notorious pot head and yesterday was 4/20...

Lotus49

Post by Lotus49 »

Black_Flag_11 wrote:Vettel is a notorious pot head and yesterday was 4/20...

This.

"Clark came through at the end of the first lap so far ahead that we in the pits were convinced that the rest of the field must have been wiped out in an accident."
-Eddie Dennis, describing the dominance of Jim Clark in the Lotus 49 at Spa 1967

shoot999

Post by shoot999 »

On the plus side at least he has got someone of his own age to play with.

stevey

Post by stevey »

depends in which context you mean

1, thinking about life, morality and all that could shave off a couple of tenths or cause you to be more cautious than you used to be.

the counter argument to that is the racing is now a lot safer than in the past, but still has its dangers.

2, The mental exhaustion that can occur when raising children can be taxing to say the least. I have 2 very young children and due to a number of things, lack of sleep, worrying about there welfare, and all sorts of weird and wonderful things you start to think about when having children I can honestly say im running at around 75% of my normal mental capacity. The words "brain fade" can be applied on an almost daily basis.

Im not sure on how he raises his child, child care, nannies etc so cant really comment on the impact on him.

Pedrosa_4_Ever

Post by Pedrosa_4_Ever »

YES! Weird speculation threads for why a driver is struggling NOT about Hamilton or Webber.

This is a happy day.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

Jeepkhana

Post by Jeepkhana »

sjb266 wrote:Just putting it out there...

Well thanks for that. There isn't nearly enough speculation on this forum.... :D

Teach206

Post by Teach206 »

Children don't reduce a drivers headspace to push the limits, they may change the amount of time a driver has to spend developing his craft, as the baby now takes some of that away.

It is for Vettel to find his mojo again.

I am not his fan, but I respect the man for his abilities to extract everything he could out of his Red Bull cars for the last 4 years. Look at any race in the period when a driver like Hamilton would set a blistering, almost insurmountable time in Qualifying and in Practice session, only for Vettel to find his mojo and top it for pole...

What has happened this year is a combination of being exhausted (4 years of dominance can do that), and now having to cope with new challenges.

I expect him to bounce back like Hamilton and Alonso have done in the past.

I do not however expect him to beat DR more time than DR bears him this year. DR is proving his worth, and can no longer be stopped. He is the new face of Red Bull F1..!

sjb266

Post by sjb266 »

stevey wrote:depends in which context you mean

1, thinking about life, morality and all that could shave off a couple of tenths or cause you to be more cautious than you used to be.

the counter argument to that is the racing is now a lot safer than in the past, but still has its dangers.

2, The mental exhaustion that can occur when raising children can be taxing to say the least. I have 2 very young children and due to a number of things, lack of sleep, worrying about there welfare, and all sorts of weird and wonderful things you start to think about when having children I can honestly say im running at around 75% of my normal mental capacity. The words "brain fade" can be applied on an almost daily basis.

Im not sure on how he raises his child, child care, nannies etc so cant really comment on the impact on him.

All of the above...

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

no he's just getting beat, no excuses.

fieldstvl

Post by fieldstvl »

As he swept around the outside of the Ferrari, Alonso's speed at the apex of the corner was 208mph. Knowing that any contact between the two cars would have resulted in an accident that at least one of them may well not have escaped unhurt, the bravery required to pull that off against a man who had built his reputation on bullying and intimidation was immense - the more so given that, two years before, Schumacher had edged Alonso on to the grass at Silverstone at more than 180mph.

But it was not so much the move itself that was telling - once Alonso was alongside and going faster, Schumacher had no choice but to give way - as the mindset that allowed him to think about trying it.

Asked about it a few weeks later, Alonso told the veteran F1 journalist Nigel Roebuck: "At times like that, I always remember that Michael has two kids."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/legacy/andre ... sands.html

minchy

Post by minchy »

Grosjean had his best drives in the latter half of last year, which was also just after he had his first child. So no, it doesn't always but everyone is different.
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

fabr68

Post by fabr68 »

I would not call Ricciardo Vettel's new baby. He is just showing he is a man of his own

wire2004

Post by wire2004 »

Nice to See that The seb fans trying to defend the poor start to this year

Filip

Post by Filip »

this baby is called rearendie

IngenGrenser

Post by IngenGrenser »

wire2004 wrote:Nice to See that The seb fans trying to defend the poor start to this year

How does a single person, who may or may not be a Vettel fan, asking if anyone thinks Vettel's focus is being affected by his new baby, become Vettel fans (plural) making excuses for him? Every part of your remark is either wrong, presumptuous or exaggerated. It's this sort of stuff that so often ruins Vettel discussions around here.

minchy

Post by minchy »

fieldstvl wrote:
As he swept around the outside of the Ferrari, Alonso's speed at the apex of the corner was 208mph. Knowing that any contact between the two cars would have resulted in an accident that at least one of them may well not have escaped unhurt, the bravery required to pull that off against a man who had built his reputation on bullying and intimidation was immense - the more so given that, two years before, Schumacher had edged Alonso on to the grass at Silverstone at more than 180mph.

But it was not so much the move itself that was telling - once Alonso was alongside and going faster, Schumacher had no choice but to give way - as the mindset that allowed him to think about trying it.

Asked about it a few weeks later, Alonso told the veteran F1 journalist Nigel Roebuck: "At times like that, I always remember that Michael has two kids."

that's an odd quote and it can be read 2 ways - does he think of Michaels kids because he thinks Michael will not take as many risks because of them? Or, because he doesnt want to take any risks to put Michael in danger because of them?
There is no theory of evolution, just a list of animals that Chuck Norris allows to live.

Schumacher forever#1

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

I think it was because Vettel is losing confidence with every weekend that goes by. He was coming into Australia knowing that his car was unreliable and most likely was slower than the leaders. After being in the best car for at least three years, his racing feels alien. Retiring and seeing his teamate go onto the podium didnt help, nor getting out qualified in 2 of the next three races and out raced in 2 of three, with the third being on par. 'Fear cuts deeper than steel' and I feel he is becoming fearful of the ever smiling, ever 'I'm so happy doing so well' Ricciardo, his expression compared to Ricciardo won't help himself either.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

fieldstvl

Post by fieldstvl »

minchy wrote:
fieldstvl wrote:

that's an odd quote and it can be read 2 ways - does he think of Michaels kids because he thinks Michael will not take as many risks because of them? Or, because he doesnt want to take any risks to put Michael in danger because of them?

It could of course be read in many many ways. My understanding is that the first of the two suggestions you made is what was implied.

sjb266

Post by sjb266 »

IngenGrenser wrote:
wire2004 wrote:Nice to See that The seb fans trying to defend the poor start to this year

How does a single person, who may or may not be a Vettel fan, asking if anyone thinks Vettel's focus is being affected by his new baby, become Vettel fans (plural) making excuses for him? Every part of your remark is either wrong, presumptuous or exaggerated. It's this sort of stuff that so often ruins Vettel discussions around here.

Yeah I'm Australian so obviously not the biggest Vettel fan...!

lbennie

Post by lbennie »

No.
What happened to Vettel is Ricciardo.

My lord, that kid can drive.

oz_karter

Post by oz_karter »

lbennie wrote:No.
What happened to Vettel is Ricciardo.

My lord, that kid can drive.

This.

I think people need to consider that Ricciardo might just be THAT good...