Pastor Maldonado says FIA penalties will spoil F1 racing...

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
mikey

Re: Pastor Maldonado says FIA penalties will spoil F1 racing

Post by mikey »

This would be funny if not for the fact he is a reckless driver and can not see what is so obvious to most people.

RickM

Post by RickM »

He hasn't got a clue. A random person who's played on any old F1 game could probably do a better job. He's got no sense of speed, no thought process when racing, and just overall is not fit to be in an F1 car. I know we had a similar thing with Grosjean, and I myself called for his head - the difference is, Grosjean fixed his issues. He went away and came back a a better driver. Pastor just seems to get worse every damn time. What makes it worse is half the time he has some bullshit excuse as to why it happened.

VDV23

Post by VDV23 »

fieldstvl wrote:Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIf-dHbKpFI&t=0m34s

With Grosjean in GP2

I think that was some kind of a freak incident where the suspensions/wheels got tangled and PM didn't really have a say in his car's steering.

fieldstvl

Post by fieldstvl »

They played Maldonado's team radio on Sky earlier, where he simply said to the team, "I CRASH."

Part of me liked to think he announced this before, rather than after, the incident.

"Hello team? It's Pastor. I CRASH NOW."

Rote

Post by Rote »

He might have a point, if not quite the one he was trying to make. If he in particular is stopped from going wheel-to-wheel because he is afraid of getting a race ban, I would say that is exactly what the penalty points are there for in the first place. Not to take joy in banning drivers and deliberately take excitement out of racing, but to stop them from doing stupid and potentially dangerous things. Maldonado may well find himself in the situation he describes, but that is because he is an immature driver and is incapable of learning from his mistakes. Drivers who have very good spacial awareness and are unlikely to get many penalty points - like Alonso and Button - will not have to worry about such things because they generally do not get involved in stupid incidents.

New drivers, who are very likely to get at least a few penalty points on their license, will have more incentive to learn quicker from their mistakes and thus reduce the danger they pose to other drivers.

Overall I think it is a very good policy from the FIA.

Rote

Post by Rote »

fieldstvl wrote:They played Maldonado's team radio on Sky earlier, where he simply said to the team, "I CRASH."

Part of me liked to think he announced this before, rather than after, the incident.

"Hello team? It's Pastor. I CRASH NOW."

HAHAHA, that is a fantastic thought!

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

owenmahamilton wrote:I just found this on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt5nt7IdyPs

please someone explain to me, apart from his sponsorship money, how is this guy in F1?

please someone explain to me, how this guy even got sponsorship ?

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

beanchimp wrote:

please someone explain to me, apart from his sponsorship money, how is this guy in F1?

Because some corrupt Venezuelan dude wanted some PR from his oil company. That part isn't Maldonado's fault though.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

Laura23 wrote:
beanchimp wrote:

Because some corrupt Venezuelan dude wanted some PR from his oil company. That part isn't Maldonado's fault though.

Thanks and no it isn't his fault, but he could learn to drive better with all that money :D

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

RickM wrote:He hasn't got a clue. A random person who's played on any old F1 game could probably do a better job. He's got no sense of speed, no thought process when racing, and just overall is not fit to be in an F1 car. I know we had a similar thing with Grosjean, and I myself called for his head - the difference is, Grosjean fixed his issues. He went away and came back a a better driver. Pastor just seems to get worse every damn time. What makes it worse is half the time he has some bullshit excuse as to why it happened.

You don't win GP2 by "not having a clue". I think he wants to try so hard all the time and he's running out of talent eventually while doing so.

Schumacher forever#1

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

He has a point in that, if you have Rosberg and Hamilton battling out for the championship for the last race, and Hamilton ( yes, for arguments sake) got a race ban for the last race Rosberg would walk away with it, without retirement. This has potential to 'spoil F1 racing', but that's really the only point I can back him up on.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

Billy

Post by Billy »

This just in -- Team Lotus attacks FIA's failure to suspend Maldonado!

Following Pastor Maldonado's directing his Lotus E22 straight into the Shanghai International Circuit's pit entry wall during the 2nd free practice session, Team Lotus took the unprecedented step of calling on the FIA to impose a more severe sanction on one of Lotus's own drivers. Team principal Gerard Lopez issued this statement: "What the FIA doesn't understand is that now we have to spend money and our mechanics' time on repairing a car after yet another of Pastor's incidents. If, following last week's collision with Esteban Gutierrez, the FIA had banned him from all participation in this weekend's race activities, we could have spent that time and money working with someone who can actually drive a car!" When asked why, if the team feels this way, it continues to employ Maldonado, Lopez looked incredulous and replied, "Who's employing who? We obviously can't afford to lose the millions that Maldonado brings to the team. But just because our own hands are tied doesn't mean that the FIA shouldn't do its job!"

Shaking his head sadly, Lopez added "The FIA just needs to understand that some people just don't belong behind the wheel of a Formula One car."

;) ;) ;)

nixxxon

Post by nixxxon »

Billy wrote:This just in -- Team Lotus attacks FIA's failure to suspend Maldonado!

Following Pastor Maldonado's directing his Lotus E22 straight into the Shanghai International Circuit's pit entry wall during the 2nd free practice session, Team Lotus took the unprecedented step of calling on the FIA to impose a more severe sanction on one of Lotus's own drivers. Team principal Gerard Lopez issued this statement: "What the FIA doesn't understand is that now we have to spend money and our mechanics' time on repairing a car after yet another of Pastor's incidents. If, following last week's collision with Esteban Gutierrez, the FIA had banned him from all participation in this weekend's race activities, we could have spent that time and money working with someone who can actually drive a car!" When asked why, if the team feels this way, it continues to employ Maldonado, Lopez looked incredulous and replied, "Who's employing who? We obviously can't afford to lose the millions that Maldonado brings to the team. But just because our own hands are tied doesn't mean that the FIA shouldn't do its job!"

Shaking his head sadly, Lopez added "The FIA just needs to understand that some people just don't belong behind the wheel of a Formula One car."

;) ;) ;)

ehm... source? Or its just a joke?

Qiwater

Post by Qiwater »

Putting aside the fact that I think he's a thug !!
Even if I thought the penalties might be too harsh he is not the best person to put forward
as...spokesperson.... any chance someone may have had of making a legitimate
argument against it has just been blown out the window !!!

Billy

Post by Billy »

nixxxon wrote:
Billy wrote:This just in -- Team Lotus attacks FIA's failure to suspend Maldonado!

;) ;) ;)

ehm... source? Or its just a joke?

The emotiwinks may give a clue.

owenmahamilton

Post by owenmahamilton »

Wow what an improvement, he managed to overtake Esteban without tipping him over!

Sevenfest

Post by Sevenfest »

Covalent wrote:http://gfycat.com/UncommonDangerousAfricangoldencat

Reminds me of that video of Villeneuve's mechanics laughing at him struggling to control his car in Suzuka years ago.. though I never did work out if that was real or some footage cruelly spliced together..