F1 memorabilia - what do you own?

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
MistaVega23

F1 memorabilia - what do you own?

Post by MistaVega23 »

Yesterday I finally took ownership of a long-sleeved Ayrton Senna 'Double S' racing top (also my first bidding victory on eBay!). That coupled with my almost-purchased 2006 Schumi helmet and a couple of 1/32 scale cars and that's my F1 collection exhausted. However I wish I could own so much more.

This is the top I've wanted to own for years:

I shall definitely be wearing this on May 1st.

Does anyone else have just a couple of things, a room full of stuff or simply nothing at all? And what would you own if you had the money/space/a willing girlfriend?
#KeepFightingMichael

RickM

Re: F1 memorabilia - what do you own?

Post by RickM »

I've got a few team t-shirts and a McLaren baseball cap (the older red/black one).

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

An Alonso/McLaren shirt that I bought at Spa and had to hide after 2007.
I have a Ferrari shirt now. For some reason I think I'm going to have to hide that soon as well.

I've an old black West McLaren shirt that someone gave me years ago too. Brings back memories of my Hakkinen days.
I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

mcdo wrote:An Alonso/McLaren shirt that I bought at Spa and had to hide after 2007.
I have a Ferrari shirt now. For some reason I think I'm going to have to hide that soon as well.

I've an old black West McLaren shirt that someone gave me years ago too. Brings back memories of my Hakkinen days.

Maybe you should just buy an Alonso shirt :lol:

mcdo

Post by mcdo »

Covalent wrote:
mcdo wrote:An Alonso/McLaren shirt that I bought at Spa and had to hide after 2007.

I don't rely entirely on God
ImageImage
I rely on Prost

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

:thumbup:

Laura23

Post by Laura23 »

A number of half scale helmets, a few model cars and a few tops from various teams.

I also have two pieces of Williams F1 car. A barge board from the 2012 season and another race used in Germany on Rosberg's 2006 car.
1994 1995 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Get well soon Schumi.

No one call anyone a moo-pickle...

Ev0lutionz

Post by Ev0lutionz »

I wish I had an f1 car part, like a front wing to put up at home or so.

lamo

Post by lamo »

I have lots of items since I deal, I made collecting one of my jobs :lol:

The best items I have are B190/B F1 car (no engine), Schumacher 1991 and 1995 overalls. Lewis Hamilton Turkish GP 2010 race winning overalls. Fernando Alonso 2006 WDC overalls. Schumacher steering wheel from B195. 40% scale model of Senna 1985 Lotus, made by Lotus. Over 50 full scale replica helmets. 25+ race worn driver overalls. 20+ steering wheels from F1 cars. So much stuff, it has taken over, hence I am selling a lot of the big stuff off.

Covalent

Post by Covalent »

lamo wrote:I have lots of items since I deal, I made collecting one of my jobs :lol:

The best items I have are B190/B F1 car (no engine), Schumacher 1991 and 1995 overalls. Lewis Hamilton Turkish GP 2010 race winning overalls. Fernando Alonso 2006 WDC overalls. Schumacher steering wheel from B195. 40% scale model of Senna 1985 Lotus, made by Lotus. Over 50 full scale replica helmets. 25+ race worn driver overalls. 20+ steering wheels from F1 cars. So much stuff, it has taken over, hence I am selling a lot of the big stuff off.

8O Any photos of your collection?

MistaVega23

Post by MistaVega23 »

Covalent wrote:
lamo wrote:I have lots of items since I deal, I made collecting one of my jobs :lol:

8O Any photos of your collection?

I just clicked his signature link - 8O
#KeepFightingMichael

dizlexik

Post by dizlexik »

I have 2 identical pairs of Puma Ferrari shoes (black ones with white stripes). I bought them primarily because they are very comfortable. I bought second one because the first one got worn a bit and I couldn't find better shoes that time.
eeee

Usman

Post by Usman »

2 Ferrari t shirts, one kimi Ferrari cap (from 2007). a Ferrari beanie, a Ferrari flag, a kimi/angrybirds cap, Ferrari leather jacket. Ferrari mug. n using a Ferrari perfume. and a bmw sauber cap :D
KIMI: Yeah,Winning feels good.But I am not the type of guy to jump up and down and rub it in everyone's face.

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

Much of mine has been collected over the last decade or so..

Mark Webber

2002 Minardi, 1/43
2003 Jaguar, 1/18
2004 Jaguar, 1/18
2005 Williams, 1/18
2006 Williams, 1/18
2007 Red Bull, 1/43
2008 Red Bull, 1/43
2009 Red Bull, 1/18
2010 Red Bull, 1/18
2011 Red Bull, 1/18
2012 Red Bull, 1/18
2013 Red Bull, 1/18 (Soon anyway!)

Daniel Ricciardo

2011 HRT, 1/43
Signed A4 photo of him and Vergne, circa 2009 (Signed by both)
2009 Red Bull Racing Monaco Grand Prix promotional card, signed

Michael Schumacher

2010 Mercedes cap

Assorted

2010 Monaco Grand Prix podium A4, signed by Webber
2012 Brazilian Grand Prix Red Bull team photo, signed by Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel
#MadeMyMark promotion self-made collage, signed by Mark Webber
Red Bull driver bio cards, signed by Mark Webber and Sebastian Vettel
2011 Williams t-shirt
Second edition Jim Clark autobiography, circa 1960s. Almost mint condition.

Ysmalari

Post by Ysmalari »

I have a Brawn GP sweatshirt that I bought at Silverstone '09.
Bit of a collector's item these days for obvious reasons and not plastered with sponsor's logos which is unusual for F1 clothing. I've only worn it twice as I don't want to wear it out!!

Also a Honda shortsleeved shirt from when Jenson and Sato were driving together.

Is it not a good sign that I buy memorabilia and the teams disappear soon after? :lol:

GPG

Post by GPG »

Artwork:

- Jos Verstappen Minardi (2003)
- Jos Verstappen Arrows (2000)
- Australia 2002 GP start (Ralf Schumacher airborne)

Apparel:

- Jos Verstappen Minardi T-shirt (2003)
- Kimi Raikkonen McLaren T-shirt (2003)
- Kimi Raikkonen McLaren T-shirt (2005)
- McLaren T-shirt (not attributed to driver) (2010)

Scale models:

- Jos Verstappen, Arrows (2001)
- Michael Schumacher, Ferrari (1997)
PF1 Pick 10 Competition: 10th (2014); 8th (2015)

PF1 Pick 3 Competition: 1st (2014); 1st (2015)

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

Ferrari 312 T4 from 1979, No12, Gilles Villeneuve, Tamiya, scale 1:12. I took me six months to put 400+ parts together.
Memory of receiving three cards signed by Enzo Ferrari, in 1984 and 1985. I sold them to buy myself a car.
A photo of all the drivers from 2001 season signed by all of them, yet since it is plasticized, it's hard to see is it just a copy (probably) or original.
The end is near

colinp

Post by colinp »

My best bit is a Brawn presentation box containing
2nd gear used in jenson buttons car
brawn cap
bottle of champaine

flyboy10

Post by flyboy10 »

Autographs, mostly, all in the same book. At one time I had Prost/Lauda/Brundell/Blundell all signed on the same set of Comic Relief karting overalls from when I was in a team with James Hunt (late 1992/early 93 and didn't get his autograph).

I've just recently been sent a signed birthday greeting from Jody Scheckter on a photograph with him in the Ferrari T4 from Long beach 1979.

mikeyg123

Post by mikeyg123 »

I have about twenty 1:33 scale models and some original artwork, including some lovely pencil drawn characterless. I also have a few prints. Clothing wise I have some Ferrari Puma trainers, two Ferrari Schumacher caps and a Jaguar one.

What I value most is my large collection of books. A lot of which come from pre 1960 and are very rare. I have also collected every season review from 1981 until 2013.

funkymonkey

Post by funkymonkey »

mcdo wrote:
Covalent wrote:

That shirt needs an * with the line " The F1 guy" :D

amirb

Post by amirb »

I have a miniature replica helmet of Max Chilton (Signed) as a friend of mine works in his management. Not sure its memorabilia? :D

Simon1969

Post by Simon1969 »

nothing at all even though I've been following F1 for about 20 years .... I've just never been bothered.

DisaterX47

Post by DisaterX47 »

I have an old Renault cap from 2004, an Arrows cap from 2003 and a McLaren cap from 2007. I also have a few autographs from Damon Hill and Anthony Hamilton (as he is a pretty prominent figure in Formula One).
"Winning is like a drug...I can't settle for second or third in no circumstances whatsoever" (Ayrton Senna)

specdecible

Post by specdecible »

No one has one of these?

Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco '12 & '15, Silverstone '14, Austria '15, Mexico '15, China '16)
Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: oh jeez...

Arai_or_Nothing

Post by Arai_or_Nothing »

I went to exchange my iPhone a few years ago at the Apple store in a mall I rarely frequent and low and behold, they had a new Ferrari store and they had Michael's 2004 Championship winning car on display and almost jumped in it to drive it home!!! LOL

A few months later I went to the apple store again and passed by the Ferrari store again and this time they had Kimi's 2007 Championship winning car on display!!! Once again the employees almost had to hold me back from jumping into the car. LOL

I did speak with the manager long enough that he allowed me to go past the barrier for a closer inspection and after some convincing, he let me pull out the wheel on Kimi's car. He had no clue it worked that way and thought I broke it. LOLOL

I own a Ferrari Shirt and I used to have a few of the late 90's Jordan pit shirts I got through my cousin who sells sports memorabilia, but specializes in Jerseys and shirts.

specdecible

Post by specdecible »

Arai_or_Nothing wrote:I did speak with the manager long enough that he allowed me to go past the barrier for a closer inspection and after some convincing, he let me pull out the wheel on Kimi's car. He had no clue it worked that way and thought I broke it. LOLOL

If you break it you buy it.
Danger is real, fear is choice.
PF1 Pick 10 Competition
Best Round Result: 1st (Monaco '12 & '15, Silverstone '14, Austria '15, Mexico '15, China '16)
Podiums: 11
2018 Championship Standing: oh jeez...

Yellowbin74

Post by Yellowbin74 »

specdecible wrote:No one has one of these?

Is that a miniature Stefano Domenicali I can see walking off in the background? :D
Should I grow a beard?

DeadKenny

Post by DeadKenny »

MistaVega23 wrote:Yesterday I finally took ownership of a long-sleeved Ayrton Senna 'Double S' racing top (also my first bidding victory on eBay!). That coupled with my almost-purchased 2006 Schumi helmet and a couple of 1/32 scale cars and that's my F1 collection exhausted. However I wish I could own so much more.

This is the top I've wanted to own for years:

I shall definitely be wearing this on May 1st.

Does anyone else have just a couple of things, a room full of stuff or simply nothing at all? And what would you own if you had the money/space/a willing girlfriend?

My favorite is the senna shirt also, had it for a "while" , i have numerous signed pit passes, programs,caps (graham hill, silverstone 1965 prog (dob) is the best) , got a renault mechanics shirt from alonzo's 2005 season, a gear from JB's 2006 hungary win made into a clock, 2010 macca team stuff, inc pair of team trainers 8)
And some other bits ;)

Toby.

Post by Toby. »

specdecible wrote:No one has one of these?

Makes me think Minichamps should have made a replica of the Alonso-Webber ride. I'd definitely have bought one.

HawaiiF1Fan

Post by HawaiiF1Fan »

1:2 scale helmet
Some patches
Some 1:18 scale cars
1 figurine (Senna)

silkjet

Post by silkjet »

Orange Arrows rain jacket
Jordan polo
Renault polo (perfect blue shade- Alonso WDC year)
Spyker polo (my favorite in Dutch racing orange)
Caterham polo
Senna polo
Montreal GP polo
Inaugual Indy F1 denim shirt
Inaggual Austin F1 polo
Coulthard cap
JPM cap
Williams BMW cap
Grosjean cap
Ferrari Puma shoes

Willsy

Post by Willsy »

I was fortunate enough to get official pit passes from Goodyear to the final Adelaide GP in 1995. As it was the last race of the season, Goodyear didn't need to go running around pit lane so my mate and I were given these passes, so we were running around taking snaps in pit lane during the sessions, and bugging drivers for autographs!

I got my shirt signed by most of the drivers, but could never find the Prost drivers and I think one of the Forti drivers as well.

My mate and I were in an arcade playing a racing game in town one night when we had Sauber driver Jean-Christophe Boullion and his partner jump in and race us. When we ran out of money he kept paying for us to keep on racing him which was a good laugh especially as his wife/girlfriend? kept beating us all, (my mate and I are/were racing drivers as well...). He then signed my shirt there since I couldn't find him earlier, and he printed his name under it before I could, as I had done on all the other names which you can see the different handwriting style on the shirt.

Here is a pic of the shirt, and it also has Mika and Johnny signing it in the pictures below, plus a pic of Schuey waiting to leave at pit exit in a practice that I took. Mika had signed the shirt about an hour before he had his massive shunt at Brewery Bend as a note.

Usman

Post by Usman »

No racing driver ever comes to Pakistan :(
KIMI: Yeah,Winning feels good.But I am not the type of guy to jump up and down and rub it in everyone's face.

cm97

Post by cm97 »

Willsy that's one epic story.

I personally have a puma Ferrari pair of red shoes and a Ferrari polo shirt. Pretty boring, but I have plenty of signed v8 Supercars memorabilia. The highlight of the collection is a model 1997 HRT, raced by Peter Brock and Mark Skaife at Bathurst in 1997 with both their signatures. I was only 6 months old at the time of the race, but still two legends of the sport and an awesome looking car. Shame it broke down while in the box seat :(
#Keep Fighting Michael

ianjds

Post by ianjds »

A Rb5 rear wheel (no tyre )

Hamilton's 2006 (first test) 2007, 2008, 2009 1/18 mclarens
Damon hills number 0 camel livery Williams (can't remember the year)

Hamilton, coulthard and Jordan's books
A few assorted general f1 books

2 large and 4 small canvases, mostly Hamilton in his car. By no one famous unfortunately

Mclaren tshirts and hats, all since 2010. Merc shirts and hats since Hamilton's move, a webber hat.

A few of the no team, driver tshirts mclaren used to sell, prob still do

Flags, lanyards and other tat your tempted to by before going to a race

What part of multi 21 don't you understand tshirt, a kimi, leave me alone tshirt.

All the codemasters f1 games

Programs and tickets from 5 races, 4 Spain, 1 silverstone
TEAM UK
Lewis Hamilton, Paul Di Resta and Jenson Button
plus
Mark Webber
VODAFONE McLAREN MERCADES

Jeepkhana

Post by Jeepkhana »

I have a Jaguar F1 hat, a Williams F1 hat, a Williams "walrus tusk front end" mouse pad, a Jordan F1 and Ferrari coffee mug.

Also, I had my wedding reception at a small local car product store. I have pictures of me and my wife standing next to Micheal Schumacher's 2000 Ferrari F1 car. Not a whole lot of married guys can claim that! :smug:

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

The Camel Williams of Hill will be from 1993 - 1994 onwards they were Rothmans sponsored.

As for my collection, I have a 2007 Williams cap signed by Maldonado and Senna (took it to Spa 2012, decided to get the old one signed and buy me a new one for use - unique cap right there!), a 2012 Williams shirt (mainly because SDLRob's tent soaked all my other clothes for the weekend), and a load of 1:43 cars:

Lotus 49B - Hill
Lotus 72D - Walker
Tyrrell P34 - Scheckter
Tyrrell P34 - Depailler
Lotus 78 - Andretti
Brabham BT46B - Lauda (mislabelled as the BT46)
Williams FW08B - Test Car
McLaren MP4-5B - Senna
Williams FW14B - Mansell
Williams FW18 - Hill
McLaren MP4-13 - Hakkinen
Red Bull RB7 - Vettel

Then there's the 1:24 RC RB9 as well.
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!

sandman1347

Post by sandman1347 »

Flavio Briatore's thong

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

sandman1347 wrote:Flavio Briatore's thong

My only question is why :P
Organiser of the single most low-tech Robot Wars tournament in history, PM for details!