2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Race Thread

Forum rules
Please read the forum rules
JerCotter7

Re: 2014 Bahrain Grand Prix Race Thread

Post by JerCotter7 »

indianajones wrote:With a car that's about three seconds a lap ahead of everybody else Would anyone be surprised if Mercedes won all the remaining races of the year ?

If they don't it will be because of retirements or mistakes from the drivers. Pretty funny that the WCC is already wrapped up after 3 races. WDC is narrowed down to two drivers as well.

indianajones

Post by indianajones »

Why are they not spraying the champagne or the rose water ?

mika_98

Post by mika_98 »

They really should get people with a better understanding of racing to do the podium interviews. Theyre just too brief!

Robbo-92

Post by Robbo-92 »

Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Aspar wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:This should have been Rosberg's 2nd win, team screwed him with the inferior strategy, I think they enforced team orders at the end, Nico backed off in the last couple of laps.

Lol What?
How should this be Nico's win?
He was out-started, out-driven mid race, given second chance by lady Luck with the SC, and every time he tried to overtake LH, using his advantage given to him by fate, LH just was better.
Would be totally undeserved if LH hadn't won.

given the crap strategy, had to stay out 2 laps longer before his first stop so giving Lewis more of a gap, Merc's message to both drivers obviously was team orders even if they say it wasn't, on the same strategy with no SC it would have been Nico's win, with the SC they enforced team orders again in Lewis's favour.

U mad bro?

Nope, it was a great race all in all, just feel sorry for Nico that all Merc's team orders seem to favour Lewis as I can't recall any Merc team orders favouring Nico, feel free to give me an example though :)
Team Vettel, Ricciardo, Bottas and Button.

RickM

Post by RickM »

w1Y! wrote:Nicos response says it all.

- was allowed to fight
- still couldn't get past with faster tyres

Which it's the reason he is kicking himself and not tiddled off.

Yup, it was down to pure driving tack, not strategy with the Merc's. Both were awesome today and Nico's very magnanimous, which is great.

wolfticket

Post by wolfticket »

Even without the safety car in clean air on the options Rosberg would have probably closed the gap to Lewis in the last stint, but the differential once in dirty air was always a bit marginal if he didn't get it done quickly.

If the strategy was reversed so might have been the positions. There really isn't much between them on pace and currently Mercedes seem happy to let them race. This is going to run and run. Awesome :D
If it's like this I don't really car that Mercedes are so far ahead.
Last edited by wolfticket on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶ ===\ō͡≡\ō͡≡o˞̶===

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

WJF1 wrote:Lewis way too aggressive and pushing Nico out of the track. You have to always leave room and Lewis didn't. But that's ok because he is Lewis. If Nico was doing same thing to Lewis then it's bad..

According to some on this forum you are talking rubbish and should pack up the internet and the leave the forum ;)

Rek

Post by Rek »

AnRs wrote:
F1yer wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:This should have been Rosberg's 2nd win, team screwed him with the inferior strategy, I think they enforced team orders at the end, Nico backed off in the last couple of laps.

Yep. Splitting strategy will screw one. It was nico today.

+1

Yes, Nico was totally screwed by having the soft tyres for his last stint....... Which were over a second faster on low fuel. It would've been close without the safety car, but that handed to Rosberg on a plate.

Credit where it's due. See if you're capable of that.

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

Inappropriate post removed.

RickM

Post by RickM »

mika_98 wrote:They really should get people with a better understanding of racing to do the podium interviews. Theyre just too brief!

Brian Johnson's probably one of the most knowledgable celebs you'll find ;) Might wanna look up his driving interests. He's also the sort of bloke who wont gherkin them off by asking really dumb questions like "how do you feel", "do you think you could have been faster" - really thick questions that 'experts' ask all the time.

fsi

Post by fsi »

What a FUDGING AMAZING drive from Hamilton.Nico was great as well.

beanchimp

Post by beanchimp »

Clarky wrote:THERE ARE SO MANY TW*TS ON THIS FORUM

I agree, they all should all F*** OFF and leave hey ;)

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

GIVE LEWIS SOME CREDIT JESUS...!

indianajones

Post by indianajones »

I think rosberg will take Hamilton out the next race...just to show him who is the man

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

Robbo-92 wrote:
Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Aspar wrote:

Lol What?
He was out-started, out-driven mid race, given second chance by lady Luck with the SC, and every time he tried to overtake LH, using his advantage given to him by fate, LH just was better.

given the crap strategy, had to stay out 2 laps longer before his first stop so giving Lewis more of a gap, Merc's message to both drivers obviously was team orders even if they say it wasn't, on the same strategy with no SC it would have been Nico's win, with the SC they enforced team orders again in Lewis's favour.

U mad bro?

Nope, it was a great race all in all, just feel sorry for Nico that all Merc's team orders seem to favour Lewis as I can't recall any Merc team orders favouring Nico, feel free to give me an example though :)

If Nico made the move stand on laps 15-19 he would have got the first pit and the fresh undercut. However he didn't. He didn't get off the line as well as Lewis and didn't overtake Lewis.

Then he gets lucky and there is a safety car. He gets 11 laps on completely fresh soft tyres against completely fresh medium tyres. And he couldn't get the job done. Amazing driving from both but Lewis utterly deserved that. He was excellent post SC.

Swarth

Post by Swarth »

that was the most exciting race i have seen for ages, and great work by pretty much all the drivers for the very exciting and clean racing

Ennis

Post by Ennis »

The fanboys and general lunatics are out in force today.

Hamilton had track position, Merc were worried about battling for the last 2/3s of the race so put the guy in 2nd position on a slower tyre so there would be a gap. This doesn't mean its a weaker strategy as Rosberg just had to stay close and then take him nearer the end of the race when he'd have the tyre advantage.

How can people be seeing SC favoured Hamilton? It put them in the same position but without the advantage of the gap he'd built up. Basically his teammate right on his back and on a faster tyre. I really can't see the logic in claiming otherwise?

Very clear they were allowed to race, some fantastic and aggressive defensive driving and to keep position and keep Nico in dirty air on the corners to negate the tyre advantage to an extent. If Nico had made an early move stick Hamilton would never have got back at him but Hamilton boxed smart and kept putting the cars in the right position.

So much to talk about and that's only 1 & 2! Great battles all the way down the grid - only top 10 finishers I can't remember battling are Alonso & Kimi.

shay550

Post by shay550 »

RickM wrote:
mika_98 wrote:They really should get people with a better understanding of racing to do the podium interviews. Theyre just too brief!

Brian Johnson's probably one of the most knowledgable celebs you'll find ;) Might wanna look up his driving interests. He's also the sort of bloke who wont gherkin them off by asking really dumb questions like "how do you feel", "do you think you could have been faster" - really thick questions that 'experts' ask all the time.

:thumbup:

The racing spoke for itself today...It was all left on the track.

Fantastic!

PzR Slim

Post by PzR Slim »

You find them on every forum. You also find a different bunch of them on here when Vettel wins or Alonso or Rosberg.

Does seem an awful lot of butthurt after the race. Especially considering it was the best Bahrain race I can remember.
If...

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

Says alot when you see posters who have made such a small amount of posts yet have been members for years.

#1tomanyaccounts

WJF1

Post by WJF1 »

beanchimp wrote:
WJF1 wrote:Lewis way too aggressive and pushing Nico out of the track. You have to always leave room and Lewis didn't. But that's ok because he is Lewis. If Nico was doing same thing to Lewis then it's bad..

According to some on this forum you are talking rubbish and should pack up the internet and the leave the forum ;)

Nah, i will just wait Nico to push Lewis out of the track and watch the world burn when same people complaing about Nico..

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

hahahahahahaha you guys man, he held off nico on tyres that were around 0.500 slower, that SC practically gifted Nico the win but Hamilton defended too well, give him some credit jesus christ.

Nico didn't complain so you really can't
Last edited by FormulaFun on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

PzR Slim wrote:

You find them on every forum. You also find a different bunch of them on here when Vettel wins or Alonso or Rosberg.

Does seem an awful lot of butthurt after the race. Especially considering it was the best Bahrain race I can remember.

HulkStrong

Post by HulkStrong »

Epic, epic race!!
PF1 Pick 10 Comp
Podiums: 4 (2nd at the Monaco Grand Prix 2013, 2nd Austria 2015, followed that up with a win at Silverstone and 2nd place at the Hungarian Grand Prix)

lamo

Post by lamo »

Roll on China, a good track for Lewis where as Bahrain traditionally is not.

F1yer

Post by F1yer »

indianajones wrote:I think rosberg will take Hamilton out the next race...just to show him who is the man

This race was a great chance because Lewis was drving dangerous. If he took him out he would be justified

Pedrosa_4_Ever

Post by Pedrosa_4_Ever »

Robbo-92 wrote:
Pedrosa_4_Ever wrote:
Robbo-92 wrote:
Aspar wrote:

Lol What?

U mad bro?

You're suggesting that Merc employed team orders after the SC. I'd say that Rosberg being along side Hamilton and Lewis's engineer telling him to use the overtake button with 4 laps left says otherwise.
"When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea."

"It's hammer time!"

British Driver Supporter (and Daniel Ricciardo)

Greg Moore - Dan Wheldon

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

FormulaFun wrote:hahahahahahaha you guys man, he held off nico on tyres that were around 0.500 slower, that SC practically gifted Nico the win but Hamilton defended too well, give him some credit jesus christ

w1Y!

Post by w1Y! »

Quite clearly they were fighting before the first stop for the choice of strategy

Zblogger

Post by Zblogger »

Paddy has just confirmed that both drivers were allowed to race from lights to flag.

Ev0lutionz

Post by Ev0lutionz »

Tyre advantage does not mean you win until you pass the car. Just ask Alonso and Lewis at Abu Dhabi 2010? They couldnt pass the Renaults.

FormulaFun

Post by FormulaFun »

F1yer wrote:
indianajones wrote:I think rosberg will take Hamilton out the next race...just to show him who is the man

This race was a great chance because Lewis was drving dangerous. If he took him out he would be justified

hahaha good idea, if you can't beat them, crash into them

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

w1Y! wrote:Quite clearly they were fighting before the first stop for the choice of strategy

Yep - That's why the fight was so intense.

Lt. Drebin

Post by Lt. Drebin »

Impressions:

1. Mercedes is absolutly dominating, it was scary to look hos easily they buld the advantage. I really doubst anyone will come close to them. Hamilton beating Rosberg dominantly, and he is evidently better than the two. Nico failed to overtake him despite having advantage of soft tyres and DRS. That's nothing short of catastrophy for him. Hamilton looks like a sure WDC winner.
2. Force India had a good race, but not all tracks will suit them. Perez out of nowhere saved his face and becomes a hero.
3. RBR needs to sort things, but that was a relaively good recovery, with Ricciardo starting to annoy Vettel.
4. Williams has a bad strategists, they should have been higher. Their last 10 laps were driven as under sedatives.
5. Ferrari is in "1980" mode. I excpect riots in Italy.
6. Mclaren keeps falling after intially being good.
7. STR stands no chance against above mentioned, but is the best of the rest.
8. Chilton 13th was not bad for Marussia.
9. Lotus keeps doing bad, plus that move by Maldonado was certainly not toughtful.
10. Caterham still needs a lot of work if the ever think of winning some point. They have a driver capable for it, where is the rest of package?
11. Sauber miserably failed this year.
The end is near

Clarky

Post by Clarky »

F1yer wrote:

Your boring :thumbdown:

justmoi

Post by justmoi »

Wonderful race! My conclusions:

Lewis driver of the day. Nico did have pole after all and also faster tyres at the end.

BETTER THAN REDBULL DOMINATION. This will go right to the end. LEWIS AND NICO ALLOWED TO RACE TO THE END! Could be stupid at some points of the season though but I guess the team will manage it race to race and depending on the situation around them. They had no other challengers today.

Merc pulled out a BIG gap at the end BUT Redbull are quick! Not as fast as the Mercs at the moment but in clear air and especially a more down force track they will be clear second team and much closer to Merc.

Best race of the season. So many team mates scraps.
Last edited by justmoi on Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mwf1

Post by mwf1 »

Ricciardo showing himself to be class act, unlucky in Malaysia and Melbourne could have been right up there in points now and I think Vettel beaten fair and square

The Great One

Post by The Great One »

Team orders at Mercedes, too funny - "Hello it's Paddy" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImage

"Let's put it this way, I like number seven"-Michael Schumacher

RickM

Post by RickM »

Zblogger wrote:Paddy has just confirmed that both drivers were allowed to race from lights to flag.

Yup - people will still read into it whatever they like to try and force their opinions on people though. As far as I'm concerned I've never been a supporter of ONE driver or ONE team, I respect them all and today was very, very happy to see such awesome management of the drivers, and awesome racing. Merc showed off how a team strategy can work, and how drivers can be left to race without being dicks.

I just hope this kind of thing continues for the rest of the season. Racing right to the flag makes for an awesome show IMO.

pubpokerplayer

Post by pubpokerplayer »

I think Lauda just cleared it all up for those who didn't understand

"I think Lewis was better this time because he was on the harder tyres and Lewis still couldn't get pass"