- A few have contracts to be sorted and Miami is subject to homologation
- No China
- Australia is probably still a doubt
- Monaco practice won't be on the Thursday, will be Friday like the rest
- Earlier finish to avoid clashing with the football world cup

Schumacher forever#1

Re: 2022 calendar

Post by Schumacher forever#1 »

Azerbaijan back to back with Canada is a bit farcical. There's an 8 hour time difference between them.
"Always believe you will become the best, but never believe you have done so"

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 am
Azerbaijan back to back with Canada is a bit farcical. There's an 8 hour time difference between them.
Agreed. It would work better if Baku was a night race!
Anyone in or near North Wales interested in an RC car racing tournament?

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Schumacher forever#1 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:36 am
The whole calendar annoys me, there’s three separate trips to North America.

pc27b

Post by pc27b »

yep, it doesn't seem well thought out.
i wonder if the two traveling teams toto spoke of, will gain traction over the winter
i don't think anyone really believes australia will happen, do they ?

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

pc27b wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:12 pm
i wonder if the two traveling teams toto spoke of, will gain traction over the winter
I'm very confident it'll happen.

It looks like the Victorian government's failed experiment of turning the state into North Korea in an attempt to eradicate the plague is over & the country is well on the way to being opened up to international travel & getting rid of the 2 wk quarantine regulations.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

Vettel Fan

Post by Vettel Fan »

Formula 1 should keep an eye to what happened to NASCAR. They were too eager to expand. Kept adding new race venues to the calendar. Phased out some old favorites to add new bland tracks. The calendar was way too long. People lost interest and viewership declined.

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

Jezza13 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:31 pm
pc27b wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:12 pm
I'm very confident it'll happen.

It looks like the Victorian government's failed experiment of turning the state into North Korea in an attempt to eradicate the plague is over & the country is well on the way to being opened up to international travel & getting rid of the 2 wk quarantine regulations.
This is the first I heard that the Victorian government was executing people by firing squad for consuming banned media or making a phone call out of the country, but I suppose not everything gets reported on.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (9 wins, 23 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

oz_karter

Post by oz_karter »

Exediron wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:55 pm
This is the first I heard that the Victorian government was executing people by firing squad for consuming banned media or making a phone call out of the country, but I suppose not everything gets reported on.
News to me too!

The stuff going around the media about Australia is pretty laughable. The vaccines supply was very slow. Delta caused big outbreaks in two states. Those states are both easing restrictions and lockdowns are over with vaccination rates finally high enough.

There's still the inevitable spike from opening up to come, but I think by April things will be well under control and I'd be very surprised if the F1 GP in Melbourne was cancelled for a third time.

International borders will be open by the end of the year.

yodasarmpit

Post by yodasarmpit »

Holy carbon footprint Batman!

Jezza13

Post by Jezza13 »

oz_karter wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:52 am
Exediron wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:55 pm
News to me too!
You maybe took it a tad too literal people.
Great Quotes of the 20th Century

"You think I know f**k all.... I know f**k nothing" - Anonymous Maltese construction worker's response to being told he doesn't know how to do his job.

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Expected that there will be three days of testing in Spain followed by three in Bahrain.

AMUS are reporting that the three in Spain won’t be televised so they can built anticipation heading into the second test :lol:

Exediron

Post by Exediron »

JN23 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 am
Expected that there will be three days of testing in Spain followed by three in Bahrain.

AMUS are reporting that the three in Spain won’t be televised so they can built anticipation heading into the second test :lol:
Eh, as long as they still publish the data, I'm not too bothered. I don't really have time to watch testing anyway; I usually follow along with the Autosport tracker and written commentary, and that's all.
PICK 10 COMPETITION (9 wins, 23 podiums): 3rd in 2016
TOP THREE CHAMPIONSHIP (No Limit Excedrin Racing): Champions in 2015 & 2018 | 2nd in 2017 & 2019
AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion

JN23

Post by JN23 »

Exediron wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:40 pm
JN23 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:40 am

Eh, as long as they still publish the data, I'm not too bothered. I don't really have time to watch testing anyway; I usually follow along with the Autosport tracker and written commentary, and that's all.
I watched a fair bit this year but that's the first time I've ever done it and was probably to do with the UK lockdown at that point.

I like the Autosport website's coverage of testing too, so I don't mind, but it seems some on social media aren't particularly happy.