Search found 5207 matches

by Asphalt_World
Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Apparently Silverstone is utter shambles
Replies: 94
Views: 14321

Re: Apparently Silverstone is utter shambles

IMO Silverstone has always gotten away with being a badly organised race as far as the fans are concerned because of the history and tradition behind the event. The circuit has had many years of not being that great, save for the Becketts complex and the latest additions to the circuit are hardly gr...
by Asphalt_World
Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:50 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Sergio Pininfarina 1926-2012
Replies: 5
Views: 1693

Re: Sergio Pininfarina 1926-2012

One of the biggest influences on the motor car, not too mention a great number of other things.

Heck, I even used ski lifts designed by his company in Bormio, Italy!

RIP
by Asphalt_World
Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:34 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: McLaren considers Ferrari pull-rod for 2013 car
Replies: 25
Views: 4833

Re: McLaren considers Ferrari pull-rod for 2013 car

It may be that exhausts and other aero tweeks have helped Ferrari, but the fact remains the car is handling pretty well most of the time and is very good on the tyres. Therefore although the front setup of the Ferrari may not have suddenly become a huge gain for them, it may be that other teams feel...
by Asphalt_World
Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:31 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Official Tour de France 2012 Thread
Replies: 170
Views: 29312

Re: The Official Tour de France 2012 Thread

Great start for Wiggins. What a chance he has this year.

A good number of TT's, only two mountain top finishes I think and a team all chosen for his cause.

COME ON SKY!

Fabio was masterful today though. Seriously muscles on his legs!!!
by Asphalt_World
Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:29 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Favorite twitter accounts?
Replies: 17
Views: 3689

Re: Favorite twitter accounts?

Twitter is fantastic. I simply follow people and organisations that I have an interest in such as motorsport, cycling people / teams, NASA, plus various other things. It is also a place full of humour if you are watching something on TV and follow the #tag of the show. Also, people do give you lots ...
by Asphalt_World
Thu May 31, 2012 5:53 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Fernando Alonso - I applaud you
Replies: 146
Views: 19617

Re: Fernando Alonso - I applaud you

I never understand this notion. I believe he is THE fastest out there. Maybe not over one lap or 5 kilometres (and even then he might still be), but certainly over 300 kilometres he's the fastest . And thats what I mean about consistency. We hear this a lot about Alonso not really being the fastest...
by Asphalt_World
Wed May 30, 2012 6:41 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Anyone on twitter?
Replies: 16
Views: 3626

Re: Anyone on twitter?

@asphalt_world
by Asphalt_World
Sat May 19, 2012 11:08 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: What F1 game do you use and how good is it?
Replies: 27
Views: 7567

Re: What F1 game do you use and how good is it?

Grand Prix Legends.

Simply stunning even today.

Engine sounds are a particular highlight.
by Asphalt_World
Sun May 06, 2012 5:56 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 1955 Mille Miglia
Replies: 19
Views: 3290

Re: 1955 Mille Miglia

My honeymoon was spent driving round Italy following the route the Mille Miglia took for part of its existence.

Greatest race ever.

Oh, and we took 2 plus weeks to complete out tour!!!!!
by Asphalt_World
Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:55 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Has Ecclestone got Texas with New Jersey mixed up?
Replies: 12
Views: 3314

Re: Has Ecclestone got Texas with New Jersey mixed up?

No I don't think he has.

However I think a past member possibly did once! ;)
by Asphalt_World
Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:35 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

NeverCryWolf wrote:Here is a picture of an old German Shepard:

Image


And sadly what too many have to look like these days to suit human image requirements, not the dogs health.

Image
by Asphalt_World
Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:31 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

@ Asphalt_World, you have one of those old German Shepards, right? You don't see them often Almost, she is 3/4 German Shepherd and 1/4 Lab. Just coming up to her first birthday! Wow, she is a beauty And looks just like those old long-haired German Shepards, massive and big, even the ears that drop ...
by Asphalt_World
Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:39 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

NeverCryWolf wrote:
@ Asphalt_World, you have one of those old German Shepards, right? You don't see them often :thumbup:



Almost, she is 3/4 German Shepherd and 1/4 Lab. Just coming up to her first birthday!
by Asphalt_World
Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:27 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

1. I do live in the middle of nowhere now that you are asking. 2. Regardless of the fact that dogs are pack animals and cats are not (although that's not exactly true in all cases of wild cats but that's a different argument) they are both animals that are living in the environment they do because o...
by Asphalt_World
Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:47 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: What makes BTCC so great?
Replies: 34
Views: 6176

Re: What makes BTCC so great?

I find modern day BTCC pretty dull to be honest. It's become little more than expensive banger racing. There is so much poor driving tactics that real race craft does not stand a chance any more. Plato is applauded for using other cars as a brake, it's a joke. Take his punting off Newsham at Brands...
by Asphalt_World
Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:43 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

There is a lot of dislike of animals based on their owner's actions. Therein lies the root of the problem for dislike of both animals. Cat owners have (much) less control over what the animal does but this is a known risk when owning a cat - at the end of the day it's a territorial carnivore - neut...
by Asphalt_World
Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:00 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: What makes BTCC so great?
Replies: 34
Views: 6176

Re: What makes BTCC so great?

I find modern day BTCC pretty dull to be honest. It's become little more than expensive banger racing. There is so much poor driving tactics that real race craft does not stand a chance any more. Plus the cars these days simply do not have the looks. Being old enough to remember watching the Beemers...
by Asphalt_World
Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:58 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Alienturnedhuman wrote:Wow, look at all the dog fanboys dishing out their unjustified, subjective cat hate. I never thought I would see behaviour like this on an F1 forum.


;) Very funny.
by Asphalt_World
Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:05 am
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Question that will Split the Forum
Replies: 82
Views: 16307

Re: The Question that will Split the Forum

Dogs by an infinite distance! It does annoy me that if one of my dogs simply walks across the front garden of someone else's garden (not something that I actually allow to happen but I am using it as an example) the hose owner has a right to call the police and state that the dog was out of control....
by Asphalt_World
Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:48 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Your favourite supercar
Replies: 50
Views: 14414

Re: Your favourite supercar

http://www.finecars.cc/typo3temp/GB/d8414c0582.jpg And this because not only is it an incredible car in itself, but without it we would never have had the F40 which imo is the greatest ever. Greater than this? (because "this" is a ROAD supercar, isn't it? "O" for "Omologata...
by Asphalt_World
Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:01 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Your favourite supercar
Replies: 50
Views: 14414

Re: Your favourite supercar

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2010/09/1959-ferrari-250-gt-california-spyder37.jpg http://www.finecars.cc/typo3temp/GB/d8414c0582.jpg And this because not only is it an incredible car in itself, but without it we would never have had the F40 which imo is the greatest ever. http://www...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:31 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Just read an interesting fact.
Replies: 3
Views: 2098

Just read an interesting fact.

Ferrari's win today is the first F1 win for a car with front pull rods since Japan 89.
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

You also have to take in to account the fact that he went ride at least half a lap after we got the radio message on the TV and they are normally broadcast at least half to one lap after they are actually transmitted to the driver. Therefore there is every chance he went wide a good lap or more afte...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:27 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

Sorry but time and time again we know for a fact that drivers have turned engines down, short sifted and done all manner of things in a way to bring a car home safely. Perez could have done any of these and more to safely bring the car home in second and LH was never going to catch him even if he dr...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:18 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

For those that need one but are struggling in making one.....

Image
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:14 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Mclaren pit stops
Replies: 112
Views: 21479

Re: Mclaren pit stops

Think you may have jumped the gun here.

Wait at least for official comments from Macca over the stops. Perhaps LH was given the choice and wanted to run one more lap.
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:06 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

That a second place for Sauber is incredibly valuable from the point of view of sponsorship coverage and possible prize money come the end of the season. I repeat yet again, if Perez wanted to drop back from FA on purpose then why dis he risk finishing the race at all by running wide? Answer that. ...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:03 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread
Replies: 856
Views: 122954

Re: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread

Fiki wrote:
Asphalt_World wrote:Get over the Ferrari conspiracies please!!!!!
I'll see what I can do. :D

Welcome back, by the way. I was starting to get worried.


I'm a very busy boy at the moment but it's all good stuff.
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:01 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

Perez was told over the radio to "maintain" his position. Am i the only one who heard it? What some of us failed to hear over the radio was the bit when he was told to do it to ensure they let Ferrari win..... I think thats the only thing we can conclude with what was said...he had the fu...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:59 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

Perez was told over the radio to "maintain" his position. Am i the only one who heard it? What some of us failed to hear over the radio was the bit when he was told to do it to ensure they let Ferrari win..... I think thats the only thing we can conclude with what was said...he had the fu...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

kilik2010 wrote:Perez was told over the radio to "maintain" his position. Am i the only one who heard it?


What some of us failed to hear over the radio was the bit when he was told to do it to ensure they let Ferrari win.....
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:51 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Ferrari team orders? ;)
Replies: 238
Views: 43380

Re: Ferrari team orders? ;)

Perez went wide and risked spinning out or damaging his car. That's not how you give a race to someone if you want to do it on purpose.
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:50 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread
Replies: 856
Views: 122954

Re: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread

Great. So now we have to put up with dumb conspiracy theories about Sauber/Ferrari. Sigh. It's not a theory, it was a known fact for something around 15 years now (especially 1997 Jerez). You are pathetic.. Read up Norberto Fontana's story before you say anything, please. Yeah cos there were no dis...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:48 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread
Replies: 856
Views: 122954

Re: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread

I have not had much time to spend on this forum for a while due to work and family commitments but I came back today during the race and all seemed well. Yet not that Ferrari might win and the Sauber has dropped off all the typical conspiracy rubbish comes out again. How sad. If Perez wanted to let ...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread
Replies: 856
Views: 122954

Re: The Official 2012 Malaysia GP Race Thread

Alonso being eaten alive in the dry. That car really does not have dry race pace but at least FA shows he's still got it.
by Asphalt_World
Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:04 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Official Endurance Racing Thread
Replies: 163
Views: 62668

Re: Official Endurance Racing, WEC, LMS & ALMS

Can wait. A week to go.

This could seriously interest me more than F1 this year. The cars are simply wonderful, great variety in looks, engines and with multi classes there is so much going on.

Bring it on!!!!!!!!
by Asphalt_World
Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:00 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Attending a GP
Replies: 682
Views: 598158

Re: Attending a GP

Hey guys. I'm planning to attend Spa this year and was wondering what the best way to go from Brussels airport to the circuit is. I tried looking at the links from the spa circuit website but they were a little confusing( I don't exactly know where Spa is so I don't know which stop on the train/bus...
by Asphalt_World
Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:24 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Attending a GP
Replies: 682
Views: 598158

Re: Attending a GP

Hey guys. I'm planning to attend Spa this year and was wondering what the best way to go from Brussels airport to the circuit is. I tried looking at the links from the spa circuit website but they were a little confusing( I don't exactly know where Spa is so I don't know which stop on the train/bus...
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Official Religion thread
Replies: 137
Views: 30286

Re: The Official Religion thread

Plus Cardinal Keith O'Brien really has not done anything positive with his comments this weekend.
by Asphalt_World
Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:37 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: The Official Religion thread
Replies: 137
Views: 30286

Re: The Official Religion thread

No we didn't. However it was our choice and it felt like the right thing to do. We don't go big in anniversary celebrations. We have other things each year to celebrate. Our children being no.1. I do wonder however how many friends and family would have flown in from abroad to celebrate our relation...