Search found 2000 matches

by davidheath461
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:18 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

A “definitely faster car” doesn’t get undercut and lose the lead. Also, something that is often ignored is that Bottas was in fact pulling away from Vettel after the SC period . Mercedes was just as fast as Ferrari on Sunday in China. That is not true which might be leading you to your conclusion. ...
by davidheath461
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:16 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

because I think he pretty clearly is calling the engine ridiculous. Oh come on, think about it for just a minute. We know for a fact that the engines 2010-2013 were roughly on a par, and that the Red Bull characteristically ran high downforce setups. That is the reason for the low top speeds they u...
by davidheath461
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:14 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

"And we had absolutely no straight-line speed whatsoever the whole race. Unbelievable. People pulling away...ridiculous." http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12529/7674912/vettel-slams-straightline-speed Funny, he never complained about the Red Bull lacking top speed when they were winning races. :lol...
by davidheath461
Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:13 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

"And we had absolutely no straight-line speed whatsoever the whole race. Unbelievable. People pulling away...ridiculous." He isn't slating the team in any way, he's saying he didn't have straight-line speed. Slating the team is something like "they aren't doing all they could". This is not comparab...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:00 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Racing Thread
Replies: 315
Views: 46076

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Racing Thread

ok then, by that reasoning Vettel lost the qualifying battle at Spain where it was equally close.

Vettel admitted he left time on the table at Baku and Canada qualifying too.
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:57 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

You can look up a video of the team radio if you like. It might be on dailymotion or youtube.
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:56 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

in China Ferrari were definitely faster on both Sunday and Saturday. I called it much earlier in the season - Ferrari clearly have the best car and Vettel should win the title with a few races to spare. The only reason the championship looks close at the moment is because of some safety car crazine...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:55 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

in China Ferrari were definitely faster on both Sunday and Saturday. A “definitely faster car” doesn’t get undercut and lose the lead. Also, something that is often ignored is that Bottas was in fact pulling away from Vettel after the SC period. Mercedes was just as fast as Ferrari on Sunday in Chi...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:52 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

in China Ferrari were definitely faster on both Sunday and Saturday. I called it much earlier in the season - Ferrari clearly have the best car and Vettel should win the title with a few races to spare. The only reason the championship looks close at the moment is because of some safety car crazine...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:29 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

in China Ferrari were definitely faster on both Sunday and Saturday. I called it much earlier in the season - Ferrari clearly have the best car and Vettel should win the title with a few races to spare. The only reason the championship looks close at the moment is because of some safety car crazine...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:28 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Interpret it how you want Zoue.

The team is responsible for setting up his car and he's clearly slating the team for the lack of top end speed.

Vettel's had a top 2 car every season since 2009. Put him in a slower car and he'll start slating his team as we see above.
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:25 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

"And we had absolutely no straight-line speed whatsoever the whole race. Unbelievable. People pulling away...ridiculous." http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12529/7674912/vettel-slams-straightline-speed Funny, he never complained about the Red Bull lacking top speed when they were winning races. :lol...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:04 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Racing Thread
Replies: 315
Views: 46076

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Racing Thread

I you'd be hard pressed to make a convincing argument that the Ferrari hasn't been a little bit better thus far over the season. I think you can do it pretty easily, as long as you assume Vettel is driving better than the Mercedes drivers. Kimi - whom we pretty much know isn't better than them at t...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:58 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

in China Ferrari were definitely faster on both Sunday and Saturday. I called it much earlier in the season - Ferrari clearly have the best car and Vettel should win the title with a few races to spare. The only reason the championship looks close at the moment is because of some safety car crazines...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Or frequent outbursts in an underperforming car, mediatized heavily, to make people clearly see that he's still top but the car drags him down. Going out on a limb here and if you prove me wrong then that's that, but this is the kind of things you will not see e.g. Vettel say. The driver, his engin...
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:30 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Fernando300
Replies: 62
Views: 14574

Re: Fernando300

Ha! As if Hamilton wouldn't have done it to Rosberg. As if Vettel wouldn't have done it to Webber. And that legality of the pitlane overtake has been debated to death on his forum. It was totally legal. If it wasn't he would have been done for it Explain me how overtaking a car with all four wheels...
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:27 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Or frequent outbursts in an underperforming car, mediatized heavily, to make people clearly see that he's still top but the car drags him down. Going out on a limb here and if you prove me wrong then that's that, but this is the kind of things you will not see e.g. Vettel say. The driver, his engin...
by davidheath461
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:09 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Or frequent outbursts in an underperforming car, mediatized heavily, to make people clearly see that he's still top but the car drags him down. Going out on a limb here and if you prove me wrong then that's that, but this is the kind of things you will not see e.g. Vettel say. The driver, his engin...
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:50 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

I can see pokerman's point. If Alonso stayed at Ferrari just one more season then he would have seen that Ferrari had the 2nd best car, whilst he would probably not be so enthusiastic about Mclaren Honda after their disastrous 2015.
by davidheath461
Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Racing Thread
Replies: 315
Views: 46076

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Racing Thread

On a track like this where overtaking is possible and pit lane loss is less, it makes sense to go for an aggressive pit strategy.

Red Bull should be well positioned for an aggressive 2 stop strategy.
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:35 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 271
Views: 34140

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thre

Warheart01 wrote:Kimi is too close for comfort for Vettel this season. Lucky for him Kimi isn't allowed to win.
Kimi doesn't have the upgraded engine for this race so it will be difficult for him to beat Vettel regardless.
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:55 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Fernando300
Replies: 62
Views: 14574

Re: Fernando300

So, today, Alonso tells Nate Saunders, "(he) rates himself as one of the best drivers to have ever graced the Formula One grid." Well, he gets a 10.5 rating for selfishness, and an 11 for arrogance, in my book. His inflated opinion of himself is bested only by the current American President. Alonso...
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:46 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Fernando300
Replies: 62
Views: 14574

Re: Fernando300

So, today, Alonso tells Nate Saunders, "(he) rates himself as one of the best drivers to have ever graced the Formula One grid." Well, he gets a 10.5 rating for selfishness, and an 11 for arrogance, in my book. His inflated opinion of himself is bested only by the current American President. Alonso...
by davidheath461
Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:09 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 271
Views: 34140

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thre

KingVoid wrote:Hamilton has owned this track since 2007 and Mercedes looked comfortably fastest today. I’d be amazed if he doesn’t win.
I’m guessing you haven’t watched many Friday FP sessions this year
by davidheath461
Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:03 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 271
Views: 34140

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thre

Vettel struggling or sand bagging? He had traffic a couple of times I think and he hasn't done many laps for some reason in either session I don't think. Expect he'll be there or thereabouts come qualifying though. He had a big set up change, he is known for sand bagging though. :thumbup: Kimi look...
by davidheath461
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:24 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 271
Views: 34140

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thre

It's not just the new spec power unit for Ferrari. It's also the fact that Merc will be using the power unit that has been in the car since March. Ferrari's pu will be comfortably better this weekend. Also very interested to see what Honda will bring. 40hp would be huge. I did actually mean advanta...
by davidheath461
Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:09 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

It’s quite difficult to find the median in such a large sample size. Anyway pokerman, how does Schumacher compare to Hamilton according to your methodology? I have Schumacher as a few hundreds faster than Hamilton using the Schumacher-Barrichello-Button-Hamilton cross comparison. In this comparison...
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:38 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
Zoue wrote: I don't think anyone is arguing Kimi doesn't have a weakness, so that's a bit of a strawman
Except that i never claimed that anyone was arguing that Kimi doesn't have a weakness.
then it's a bit of a non-sequitur in regard to the conversation being made, wouldn't you say?
how so?
by davidheath461
Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:37 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

That’s precisely why assuming that Raikkonen is some kind of constant when comparing Vettel to Alonso is tricky. He has a small operational window and his speed fluctuates a lot. We don’t have all the information on how Vettel compares relative to Alonso. Ferrari do, and they appear to be very happ...
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:52 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Standout Pole Position laps (Particularly of recent times)?
Replies: 73
Views: 19662

Re: Standout Pole Position laps (Particularly of recent time

any of Schumacher's pole positions in 1996.

Alonso's poles in 2012.

Don't really understand the lovefest for Vettel's Singapore poles. I thought his pole positions in Abu Dhabi and Hungary and 2011 were far more impressive.
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:32 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Zoue wrote: I don't think anyone is arguing Kimi doesn't have a weakness, so that's a bit of a strawman
Except that i never claimed that anyone was arguing that Kimi doesn't have a weakness.
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:29 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

That’s precisely why assuming that Raikkonen is some kind of constant when comparing Vettel to Alonso is tricky. He has a small operational window and his speed fluctuates a lot. We don’t have all the information on how Vettel compares relative to Alonso. Ferrari do, and they appear to be very happ...
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:56 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

Zoue wrote:
davidheath461 wrote:
AnRs wrote:Expect Merc dominance again
based on? them having a less powerful engine than Ferrari?
yes, that would be it :uhoh:
Please enlighten us.

Reminder - we're not in 2015 anymore. ;)
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Ignoring available information is called a flawed sample. Webber beat Rosberg by an average of 0.140s and a median of 0.235s in 2006. That would imply Vettel is close to half a second faster than Rosberg, and therefore about 4 tenths faster than Hamilton. Of course, that Rosberg was a rookie is con...
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:51 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

AnRs wrote:Expect Merc dominance again
based on? them having a less powerful engine than Ferrari?
by davidheath461
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:48 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Ignoring available information is called a flawed sample. Webber beat Rosberg by an average of 0.140s and a median of 0.235s in 2006. That would imply Vettel is close to half a second faster than Rosberg, and therefore about 4 tenths faster than Hamilton. Of course, that Rosberg was a rookie is con...
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 02, 2018 1:59 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Hamilton vs Alonso vs Vettel: the F1 statistics https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/hamilton-vs-alonso-vs-vettel-f1-statistics ...Will probably be of interest to some of you. But but Alonso always has number 1 status written into his contract so it's useless to compare him with his teamma...
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:38 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 438401

Re: Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

Feels to me like Merc have been on top of the tyres in two races, Australia and Barcelona where they were significantly faster than the rest. Ferrari are consistently ok on the tyres except at Barcelona where they struggled. RBR have been reasonable everywhere but lack the power to make it count in...
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:27 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Did Trulli ever face Hamilton in qualifying in the same car?
by davidheath461
Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:23 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: Alonso and Vettel
Replies: 1029
Views: 163698

Re: Alonso and Vettel

Hamilton vs Alonso vs Vettel: the F1 statistics https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/opinion/f1/hamilton-vs-alonso-vs-vettel-f1-statistics ...Will probably be of interest to some of you. But but Alonso always has number 1 status written into his contract so it's useless to compare him with his teamma...