Search found 428 matches

by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:24 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmGW21sXsAAwE7C.jpg:small Vettel saying "Hamilton left me no space" :lol: Such lack of spatial awareness for a 4x WDC is astounding. Vettel's mistake was that he kept driving to the right. He thought Hamilton would brake or cut the chicane which neither happened. A compl...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:20 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DmGW21sXsAAwE7C.jpg:small Vettel saying "Hamilton left me no space" :lol: Such lack of spatial awareness for a 4x WDC is astounding. Vettel's mistake was that he kept driving to the right. He thought Hamilton would brake or cut the chicane which neither happened. A compl...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 4:03 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

I know it was a rule 5 or so years ago but the last couple years the dummy pit stop has been happening a lot. I'm guessing they changed the rule but I never heard it announced. I'm not sure it ever has been a rule. Certainly since the end of refuelling we've always had the "do the opposite to the g...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:56 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

I think they possibly got sold the dummy by Mercedes when their pit crew came out but neither Merc driver came in. That coincided exactly with Kimi making his stop and I can't help but feel they're connected. I'm just surprised not more was made of it at the time as I thought it was illegal to do t...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:33 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

jimmyj wrote:
Ocon wrote:Another race Vettel should have won, and he blew it.
Ha ha. I know you secretly have Vettel posters all over your house..
He literally has to mention Vettel in every post. It's some kind of obsession.
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:27 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Step 2. Take out your opposition at the start because you know the stewards never punish you That's BS. Hamilton has been punished when he deserves it. The fact you consider Hamilton brake checked Vettel in Baku 2017, I don't think you have any objectivity. For argument sake, let's say Hamilton did...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:25 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

mikeyg123 wrote:A 5 second penalty for that is ridiculously lenient. Crowding another car off the track at huge speed has to be penalised heavier than that.
It's Max, that's why.
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:23 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Black_Flag_11 wrote:
Ocon wrote:Vettel should watch and learn there, how to race.
Step 1. Have your teammate wipe out your opponents gap by holding him up ;)
Step 2. Take out your opposition at the start because you know the stewards never punish you
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:21 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Congrats Merc. 5 years of domination at Monza.
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:53 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

All the wingman talk has got him down in the dumps. Not sure why Mercedes renewed when Ricciardo was on the market. Because they don't want anyone challenging Hamilton This is Hamilton we're talking about here, not Vettel. He had problems handling Rosberg... Ricciardo is a level higher. My point st...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:51 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

All the wingman talk has got him down in the dumps. Not sure why Mercedes renewed when Ricciardo was on the market. Because they don't want anyone challenging Hamilton This is Hamilton we're talking about here, not Vettel. He had problems handling Rosberg... Ricciardo is a level higher. My point st...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:45 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Geez Bottas has been underwhelming this weekend All the wingman talk has got him down in the dumps. Not sure why Mercedes renewed when Ricciardo was on the market. Because they don't want anyone challenging Hamilton This is Hamilton we're talking about here, not Vettel. He had problems handling Ros...
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:43 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

F1Tyrant wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:Geez Bottas has been underwhelming this weekend
All the wingman talk has got him down in the dumps. Not sure why Mercedes renewed when Ricciardo was on the market.
Because they don't want anyone challenging Hamilton
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:32 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

mikeyg123 wrote:
Gumption wrote:
Ocon wrote:Vettel just held his line, like Hamilton wasn't even there.
That's EXACTLY what Hamilton did to Rosberg yet when Vettel does it he 'has no racecraft'. #hypocrit
In a completely different scenario :lol:
Not really
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:31 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Ocon wrote:Vettel just held his line, like Hamilton wasn't even there.
That's EXACTLY what Hamilton did to Rosberg yet when Vettel does it he 'has no racecraft'. #hypocrit
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:21 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Hamilton gets away with a break check in Baku, There's no way the stewards will ever penalize him.
by Gumption
Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:16 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

If you can't beat him, wreck him
by Gumption
Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:55 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 574
Views: 65746

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Race Thread

Kimi win tomorrow would be pretty special. Will be interesting to see if Ferrari use team orders given they didn't give Vettel the tow today. I'm no fan of team orders, but with the drivers' championship situation as it is it would be very naive for either Ferrari or Mercedes not to be using them a...
by Gumption
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:15 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 333
Views: 40421

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Threa

KIMI! Now if the cars can just be that close for the rest of the season were in for one hell of a championship fight. If the cars are like this for the rest of the year, Ferrari will run away with both titles. Ferrari are clearly fastest here. This is one of Lewis's strongest tracks and he did a gr...
by Gumption
Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:03 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 333
Views: 40421

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Threa

Ferrari strategy favored Kimi for once
by Gumption
Sat Sep 01, 2018 1:57 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 333
Views: 40421

Re: 2018 Italian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Threa

kleefton wrote:That was a crazy lap by Lewis. Absolutely bonkers. It must be that first chicane where he is getting all the time.
With Vettel being off by .1 without a tow, it'll be nip and tuck in their final runs.
by Gumption
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:17 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Please explain how a car with a weaker PU can pull off the exact same pass 5 years ago when you claim it can only be done with a "better PU". I never claimed it can only be done with a better PU at all. "...but to make the pass as early as he did I also think he got some benefit from a better PU" -...
by Gumption
Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:02 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

And Ocon's performance suggests the PU didn't play a major part You keep bringing up Ocon like he's some kind of magic bullet for your argument, but he and Vettel's passes are very different. Vettel flew past Hamilton just aftert Radillon, while Ocon received a tow into a headwind all the way down ...
by Gumption
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:57 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

It seems that the majority of the forumers here believe that Ferrari have a more powerful PU. Fair enough. Given that Vettel had a slipstream, head wind and less downforce contributing to passing Hamilton, what percent of the pass was due to the slipstream, downforce level and PU? Ferrari may very ...
by Gumption
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:40 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

It seems that the majority of the forumers here believe that Ferrari have a more powerful PU. Fair enough. Given that Vettel had a slipstream, head wind and less downforce contributing to passing Hamilton, what percent of the pass was due to the slipstream, downforce level and PU? Ferrari may very ...
by Gumption
Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:02 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

It seems that the majority of the forumers here believe that Ferrari have a more powerful PU. Fair enough. Given that Vettel had a slipstream, head wind and less downforce contributing to passing Hamilton, what percent of the pass was due to the slipstream, downforce level and PU? Ferrari may very w...
by Gumption
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:09 am
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition
Replies: 2312
Views: 444396

Re: [Merged] Mercedes v Ferrari v Red Bull - 2018 edition

Except the point being made was about you getting frustrated because people dare to have a different opinion. I'm not the one calling the thread a joke, so not sure where you are coming from with your talk of drawing an equivalence. We don't agree on the cars' relative performance, that's fine. But...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:10 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Alonso beat Hamilton numerous seasons while having the 3rd best car. We're not going to agree so let's agree to disagree. It's a little sneaky to leave out the fact that in the years 2008-2013, Alonso had absolute supremacy at Renault and Ferrari. Hamilton had to compete against Button (who outscor...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:02 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Alonso beat Hamilton numerous seasons while having the 3rd best car. We're not going to agree so let's agree to disagree. It's a little sneaky to leave out the fact that in the years 2008-2013, Alonso had absolute supremacy at Renault and Ferrari. Hamilton had to compete against Button (who outscor...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:01 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Alonso beat Hamilton numerous seasons while having the 3rd best car. We're not going to agree so let's agree to disagree. It's a little sneaky to leave out the fact that in the years 2008-2013, Alonso had absolute supremacy at Renault and Ferrari. Hamilton had to compete against Button (who outscor...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:44 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

The same rookie who only tied Alonso due to having full team support and also had his daddy go to the stewards and get Alonso penalized for retaliating in Hungary. You know, when Hamilton violated team orders. No need to go into details, it's irrelevant anyway and it's been discussed to death. He w...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:32 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Who's complaining? What excuse did I make? Answer this question; is the Ferrari the faster car here? Gumption is stirring the pot because the race is so boring. He expects Hamilton to have wrapped up the title already if he's so good. I think Alonso would have got a lot more out of this Ferrari tha...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:24 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Who's complaining? What excuse did I make? Answer this question; is the Ferrari the faster car here? Gumption is stirring the pot because the race is so boring. He expects Hamilton to have wrapped up the title already if he's so good. I think Alonso would have got a lot more out of this Ferrari tha...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:16 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Done and dusted. After lap 1 it always was going to be tbh, no matter who was ahead , if anything I'm surprised the undercut was so strong, without Verstappen in the way that could have been close. Another safety car is the only way we maybe see a lead change now. Nope. The Ferrari is substantially...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:46 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Have Ferrari won the development race over the summer? Looks like the Scuderia have finally done a rapid. Vettel in total control... Maybe but it may also be too soon to tell. Merc are usually better on harder compounds and they aren't very good in dirty air so Hamilton may just be playing it a lit...
by Gumption
Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:30 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 337
Views: 52845

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Race Thread

Ocon wrote:That overtake from Vettel was always coming. I feel sorry for Hamilton having to work with the second fastest car again.
Yawn, this is getting old and is said every time Hamilton isn't leading a race.
by Gumption
Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:08 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Thread
Replies: 159
Views: 27501

Re: 2018 Belgian Grand Prix Free Practice & Qualifying Threa

Hamilton in a different league in these conditions. Ocon was in a league above in the first sector in that case ;) Even Bottas was only around a couple of tenths behind him the last rain affected qualifying session. I do just think The Mercedes suits these conditions much better than Ferrari, so Ha...
by Gumption
Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:06 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 517
Views: 58761

Re: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread

Vettel was clearly completely past Bottas. Otherwise the front right side of Bottas' wing would have been clipped. It's pretty obvious what happened... Vettel got by Bottas near the apex and cut over as soon as he could. Bottas couldn't quite make the apex due to his tires, locked up, slid and brok...
by Gumption
Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:37 pm
Forum: F1 & Motorsport Forum
Topic: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread
Replies: 517
Views: 58761

Re: 2018 Hungarian Grand Prix Race Thread

Was he fully past? https://preview.ibb.co/k90ob8/Hun_gp_vettel_bottas.jpg This picture suggest that he was fully past. And that just before the breaking zone for that corner (you can see the DRS open on Vettel's car). Also the point of impact (the back of Vettel's car) suggests that Vettel kept bei...