planetf1.com

It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:23 am

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:36 pm 

Pullrod wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Could Sainz's awesome performance this year also down to the McLaren car? McLaren hasn't brought a big upgrade package but instead has brought small upgrades to every race which is why it kept improving ever so slightly to build such a cushion to the midfield.
https://f1i.com/news/358709-mclaren-midfield-edge-down-to-little-stuff-at-every-race-sainz.html

IMO Sainz in this year's McLaren would be more comfortable & competitive around most of the tracks when compared to Checo in '16 or '17 Force India. McLaren's chassis & downforce were always awesome whereas in '16 & '17 Force India was best of the rest mainly due to the (then best)Mercedes engine & because most of the midfield teams were struggling to improve.

Mod edit: URL fixed

Like every driver.
The only way to make "more" points than what is possible is through luck.

I don't understand why you and others are trying very hard not to give any credit to Sainz Jr.

I remember a thread at the beginning of the year where people could vote on who would beat who between Norris vs Sainz and Norris was the clear winner in any poll I have read on the internet.

The reality is not what people were expecting and they don't like it, so there must be a reason. ;)

Well this post is entirely false. Here is why -

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15370

I think it's clear people were expecting Sainz to walk over Norris. He has on points but certainly not in terms of performances.

Seeing this reinforces my opinion that had Sainz performing like this against Norris in a poorer car that was not able to score consistent points he'd be getting panned rather than praised.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:22 pm 

mikeyg123 wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:
Could Sainz's awesome performance this year also down to the McLaren car? McLaren hasn't brought a big upgrade package but instead has brought small upgrades to every race which is why it kept improving ever so slightly to build such a cushion to the midfield.
https://f1i.com/news/358709-mclaren-midfield-edge-down-to-little-stuff-at-every-race-sainz.html

IMO Sainz in this year's McLaren would be more comfortable & competitive around most of the tracks when compared to Checo in '16 or '17 Force India. McLaren's chassis & downforce were always awesome whereas in '16 & '17 Force India was best of the rest mainly due to the (then best)Mercedes engine & because most of the midfield teams were struggling to improve.

Like every driver.

I don't understand why you and others are trying very hard not to give any credit to Sainz Jr.

I remember a thread at the beginning of the year where people could vote on who would beat who between Norris vs Sainz and Norris was the clear winner in any poll I have read on the internet.

The reality is not what people were expecting and they don't like it, so there must be a reason. ;)

I think it's clear people were expecting Sainz to walk over Norris. He has on points but certainly not in terms of performances.

Seeing this reinforces my opinion that had Sainz performing like this against Norris in a poorer car that was not able to score consistent points he'd be getting panned rather than praised.

Well it is clear you don't rate him.
And I have read enough forums in multiple languages to know that people don't rate him either for whatever reason.
Any time Norris had a good weekend the threads were very active. But when Sainz had one it was very quiet.

You are not alone though as Brown/Seidl said months ago how they were surprised by Sainz's speed.
It makes you wonder if we ever watch the same races (with live timing).

Since Perez is your favorite you should know that I rate him very highly and I think it is a tragedy he has never had a top car and if it was not for the Ferrari interference in 2012, Alonso would have had 1 win less. But hey it is what it is.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:19 pm 

Pullrod wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
Pullrod wrote:
UnlikeUday wrote:

Like every driver.

Well it is clear you don't rate him.
And I have read enough forums in multiple languages to know that people don't rate him either for whatever reason.
Any time Norris had a good weekend the threads were very active. But when Sainz had one it was very quiet.

You are not alone though as Brown/Seidl said months ago how they were surprised by Sainz's speed.
It makes you wonder if we ever watch the same races (with live timing).

Since Perez is your favorite you should know that I rate him very highly and I think it is a tragedy he has never had a top car and if it was not for the Ferrari interference in 2012, Alonso would have had 1 win less. But hey it is what it is.

Norris beating Sainz is simply more noteworthy because we expect Sainz to be able to beat a rookie. The poll at the beginning of the year indicates that.