BRAZIL - Mercedes 7%  7%  [ 29 ]
BRAZIL - Red Bull 3%  3%  [ 14 ]
ABU DHABI - Ferrari 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
ABU DHABI - Mercedes 10%  10%  [ 41 ]
ABU DHABI - Red Bull 1%  1%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 427
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:19 pm 

KingVoid wrote:
Potentially, next year could be the year where the Leclerc+Ferrari combination turns into a formidable force. And yes, I know that I sound like a typical optimistic Ferrari fan.

I'm not a Ferrari fan, and I also have that feeling. This really looks like the beginning of something special.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:38 pm 

Johnson wrote:
0% for Ferrari at Singapore, turns the run in on its head.

Mercedes now only 2 poles in 7 races, 2 wins in last 6 since winning the first 8 races. Hamilton has a 100 point gap to Leclerc, I think he would be a bit nervous if that was more like 50 points.

Ferrari have clearly found something with the car.

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 9:41 pm 

Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:
Potentially, next year could be the year where the Leclerc+Ferrari combination turns into a formidable force. And yes, I know that I sound like a typical optimistic Ferrari fan.

I'm not a Ferrari fan, and I also have that feeling. This really looks like the beginning of something special.

It's a strange thing to say but ultimately what Mercedes might not be able to contend with is the Ferrari engine, who would have thought that there might be such a turn around?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:21 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:

It's a strange thing to say but ultimately what Mercedes might not be able to contend with is the Ferrari engine, who would have thought that there might be such a turn around?

Certainly looked quick today but is it a little early to tell? By that I mean that has increased downforce now compromised top speed, we wouldn't be able to tell without a long straight. They also need to win the race tomorrow. Having said that the addition of Leclerc has certainly added a similar X-factor to Ferrari in the same way as Hamilton does for Mercedes.
Even Vettel looked quick!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:37 pm 

Option or Prime wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:

Certainly looked quick today but is it a little early to tell? By that I mean that has increased downforce now compromised top speed, we wouldn't be able to tell without a long straight. They also need to win the race tomorrow. Having said that the addition of Leclerc has certainly added a similar X-factor to Ferrari in the same way as Hamilton does for Mercedes.

I wasn't really watching but they did the side by side comparison with Leclerc and Hamilton, Hamilton was getting left on the straights still I believe, it's been like this since last year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:04 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:

I wasn't really watching but they did the side by side comparison with Leclerc and Hamilton, Hamilton was getting left on the straights still I believe, it's been like this since last year.

On that basis then Hamilton may well have to settle for 6 WDCs then and Verstappen had better learn Italian fast, always assuming he doesn't speak it already like most Dutch citizens.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:33 pm 

pokerman wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Exediron wrote:
KingVoid wrote:

Yeah Ferrari is now basically in a league of its own when it comes ot engine performance. Ironically; the other three suppliers are all relatively even on engine performance.

With regards to the topic of this thread; I suspect Ferrari will be fastest easily in Russia. There is a very long straight to start that lap and Ferrari will gain half a second through sector 1 alone IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:58 pm 

Every circuit from now has a huge straight apart from Suzuka which is very fast anyway. Ferrari is probably the car to have from now on.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:18 pm 

Thing is, the corners in Singapore are mainly 90 degree corners rather than long flowing corners. I do wonder how good their aero gain has been when it comes to longer corners like many at Suzuka.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 12:12 pm 

Given that no one voted for Ferrari at Russia, and this was the second most overwhelmingly popular circuit for Mercedes in the vote - it seems Ferrari have turned the expected form book on its head.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:00 pm 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:
Given that no one voted for Ferrari at Russia, and this was the second most overwhelmingly popular circuit for Mercedes in the vote - it seems Ferrari have turned the expected form book on its head.

Could very well be! It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:46 am 

Japan - will slightly favour Ferrari, especially if their updates are working well with regards to downforce and cornering speeds

Mexico - Mercedes. i still think their car is the best handling, and tyre management too. And with the high altitude in Mexico, the massive BHP advantage that Ferrari has will be negated imho.

US - Mercedes (just) over Ferrari.

Brazil - Mercedes over RBR

Abu Dhabi - Ferrari and daylight 2nd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:12 am 

Alienturnedhuman wrote:

The sad thing is they've turned over a new leaf a tad too late. WDC & WCC are close to being decided. They've to maintain this form next year from the start & throughout.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 pm 

So far we have got 3 out of 6 correct in terms of result. Although maybe we were correct about Belgium and Mexico in terms of which team actually had the fastest car. Singapore was the only one where we were really far out - but then on that logic we were wrong about Russia. So really, our crowd sourcing has been way off!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:25 pm 

Red Bull being the best car at Mexico is surprising to me. Where'd they get that pace from

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm 

ReservoirDog wrote:
Red Bull being the best car at Mexico is surprising to me. Where'd they get that pace from

I mean, they've had the best car in Mexico for three years in a row, so it wasn't quite out of the blue...

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017