planetf1.com

It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:34 am

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic

Driver(s) of the day for me is/are:
1. Lewis Hamilton 18%  18%  [ 27 ]
2. Valtteri Bottas 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
3. Sebastian Vettel 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
4. Charles Leclerc 39%  39%  [ 57 ]
5. Pierre Gasly 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
6. Max Verstappen 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
7. Sergio Perez 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
8. Lance Stroll 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
9. Robert Kubica 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
10. George Russell 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
11. Carlos Sainz 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
12. Lando Norris 22%  22%  [ 32 ]
13. Alexander Albon 2%  2%  [ 3 ]
14. Daniil Kvyat 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
15. Romain Grosjean 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
16. Kevin Magnussen 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
17. Nico Hulkenberg 9%  9%  [ 13 ]
18. Daniel Ricciardo 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
19. Kimi Raikkonen 4%  4%  [ 6 ]
20. Antonio Giovinazzi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 147
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 15263
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
Well I think like Brazil last year we would be questioning his decision making?


They're two completely separate incidents? I don't get the link? Verstappen was squeezed onto the curb which bounced him into Sainz. Not much he can do about that one.

Still caused by being aggressive in defence and trying to out brake Sainz, if you are prepared to risk contact then it will not always end well.


He did what so many others did yesterday and wasn't particularly aggressive. I don't think Verstappen should be criticised because he fought for his position.

I don't think you can really judge that which relates to high late he chose to brake?


I don't understand what you wrote really but bottom line he is allowed to fairly fight for his position which he did. You wouldn't blame any other driver for being there so you shouldn't blame Verstappen.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 31524
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
They're two completely separate incidents? I don't get the link? Verstappen was squeezed onto the curb which bounced him into Sainz. Not much he can do about that one.

Still caused by being aggressive in defence and trying to out brake Sainz, if you are prepared to risk contact then it will not always end well.


He did what so many others did yesterday and wasn't particularly aggressive. I don't think Verstappen should be criticised because he fought for his position.

I don't think you can really judge that which relates to high late he chose to brake?


I don't understand what you wrote really but bottom line he is allowed to fairly fight for his position which he did. You wouldn't blame any other driver for being there so you shouldn't blame Verstappen.

I've actually not looked to apportion blame as such it's just how often such things happen when drivers look to pass Verstappen, it's not the same benefit of doubt you might look to give to other drivers?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 21st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 15263
pokerman wrote:
I've actually not looked to apportion blame as such it's just how often such things happen when drivers look to pass Verstappen, it's not the same benefit of doubt you might look to give to other drivers?


I don't need to give benefit of the doubt I can watch the incident and actually make a judgement on what happaned. I disagree that because Verstappen has been involved in incidents in the past he is always to blame for every incident he will be involved in.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:23 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 31524
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
I've actually not looked to apportion blame as such it's just how often such things happen when drivers look to pass Verstappen, it's not the same benefit of doubt you might look to give to other drivers?


I don't need to give benefit of the doubt I can watch the incident and actually make a judgement on what happaned. I disagree that because Verstappen has been involved in incidents in the past he is always to blame for every incident he will be involved in.

Well Nico Rosberg also felt similar so I'm not alone, Rosberg was a bit more into the notion of that's what you can expect if you try to pass Verstappen.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 21st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:26 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 15263
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
I've actually not looked to apportion blame as such it's just how often such things happen when drivers look to pass Verstappen, it's not the same benefit of doubt you might look to give to other drivers?


I don't need to give benefit of the doubt I can watch the incident and actually make a judgement on what happaned. I disagree that because Verstappen has been involved in incidents in the past he is always to blame for every incident he will be involved in.

Well Nico Rosberg also felt similar so I'm not alone, Rosberg was a bit more into the notion of that's what you can expect if you try to pass Verstappen.


And I disagree when he said it as well. I also noted he, like you, wasn't actually able to say what Verstappen did wrong.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 31524
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
I've actually not looked to apportion blame as such it's just how often such things happen when drivers look to pass Verstappen, it's not the same benefit of doubt you might look to give to other drivers?


I don't need to give benefit of the doubt I can watch the incident and actually make a judgement on what happaned. I disagree that because Verstappen has been involved in incidents in the past he is always to blame for every incident he will be involved in.

Well Nico Rosberg also felt similar so I'm not alone, Rosberg was a bit more into the notion of that's what you can expect if you try to pass Verstappen.


And I disagree when he said it as well. I also noted he, like you, wasn't actually able to say what Verstappen did wrong.

No it's seen as a racing incident, although I still question the high risk nature of Verstappen's driving.

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 21st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:34 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 15263
pokerman wrote:
No it's seen as a racing incident, although I still question the high risk nature of Verstappen's driving.


Why do you think it was high risk? Why aren't you critisizing any other drivers for fighting for position on the inside of turn 4?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 31524
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
No it's seen as a racing incident, although I still question the high risk nature of Verstappen's driving.


Why do you think it was high risk? Why aren't you critisizing any other drivers for fighting for position on the inside of turn 4?

Because it's Verstappen and I think avoiding contact is not always a priority for him in wheel to wheel combat?

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 21st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm
Posts: 15263
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
No it's seen as a racing incident, although I still question the high risk nature of Verstappen's driving.


Why do you think it was high risk? Why aren't you critisizing any other drivers for fighting for position on the inside of turn 4?

Because it's Verstappen and I think avoiding contact is not always a priority for him in wheel to wheel combat?


I'm lost as to the point you are trying to make here? You can look at each individual incident and make a judgement on it. sometimes (Brazil) he is at fault, other times (yesterday) there was nothing he should've done differently.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:38 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:30 pm
Posts: 31524
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
mikeyg123 wrote:
pokerman wrote:
No it's seen as a racing incident, although I still question the high risk nature of Verstappen's driving.


Why do you think it was high risk? Why aren't you critisizing any other drivers for fighting for position on the inside of turn 4?

Because it's Verstappen and I think avoiding contact is not always a priority for him in wheel to wheel combat?


I'm lost as to the point you are trying to make here? You can look at each individual incident and make a judgement on it. sometimes (Brazil) he is at fault, other times (yesterday) there was nothing he should've done differently.

I've actually took a closer look now and Sainz could have gone a lot wider when I look to see how wide Hamilton went in particular when he tried to pass Vettel

_________________
PF1 Pick 10 Competition

2013: 5th Place
2014: Champion
2015: 3rd Place
2016: 4th Place

2017: 9th Place
2018: 7th place
2019: Currently 21st

Wins: Canada 2018, Abu Dhabi 2017
Podiums: (8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: UnlikeUday and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group