planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:09 pm

All times are UTC

Forum rules

Please read the forum rules

Post subject: GP Predictor Working?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:12 am 

Is GP Predictor working? A/O this morning, the home page still says,

"PREDICTIONS FOR THE AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX WILL OPEN SOON. ONLY A FEW MORE DAYS LEFT!!!

Ima think predictions should alerady be open by now?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:03 am 

Come on, guys. I know many of you play on GP Predictor. Does the website always wait til the last minute to open up predictions each year? Or have I done something wrong? I've even logged out and then back in, and I still get the message above.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:35 am 

MB-BOB wrote:
Come on, guys. I know many of you play on GP Predictor. Does the website always wait til the last minute to open up predictions each year? Or have I done something wrong? I've even logged out and then back in, and I still get the message above.

I commented on this in the GP Predictor thread. They're often very late - I wouldn't worry until it's Thursday.

AUTOSPORT GP PREDICTOR: 2017 USA & P-F1 Champion | #2 in the world in 2017

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:55 pm 

This new site they're using is a shambles. I can't get to the prediction screen without it going blank. Looks like it is optimized for use from a cell phone, rather than a desktop PC. I'm not really thrilled to play from my small screen. :thumbdown:

Exediron, is there a better GP gamesite you prefer better?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:40 pm 

MB-BOB wrote:
This new site they're using is a shambles. I can't get to the prediction screen without it going blank. Looks like it is optimized for use from a cell phone, rather than a desktop PC. I'm not really thrilled to play from my small screen. :thumbdown:

Exediron, is there a better GP gamesite you prefer better?

I'm having the same thoughts on GP Predictor. The web-based version seems very poorly designed; I can't figure out how to name my team, and there are areas that are blurred out and just say 'to access this, download our free app!'. If I wanted their app, I wouldn't be using the web version in the first place, now would I? :uhoh:

Sadly, I don't have a better alternative aside from the Pick 10 competition here on P-F1. The GP Predictor used to be the best one, with nice graphics, an easy interface, and obviously the largest competitive base.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:51 am 

Well, I've swallowed hard used the phone app just to get my predictions in before it closes. It seems to work fine on the phone, but I can't see a full screen there and it's fiddly to work.

I will hope that the web version is debugged in the next week or so, as I will NOT participate all season on the phone app.

Hope you figure out how to set up your team, as I was loooking forward to joining it this year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:11 am 

I have reluctantly got the app as well. I don't think much of the interface changes, but it does appear to at least work.