planetf1.com

It is currently Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm

All times are UTC


Forum rules


Please read the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:36 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Oh and I'd like a go at the Surtees tributes!
Image
source: https://www.gettyimages.ca/detail/news- ... o/80747093


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:14 am
Posts: 177
Location: Salisbury, Wiltshire UK
Lt. Drebin wrote:
Image

Nigel Mansell, Williams, 1991, British GP winner, with some dude at the back of his car taking a free ride.

Source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos/ra ... /10727602/
I was there, at Stowe corner when this happened. The crowd loved it almost as much as they loved it when Senna ran out of fuel on the last lap! :lol: 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Danny Ric!
Image
https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2017 ... e-lap-100/

and this year
Image
source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... t/4351151/

Johnny Rutherford, 1974 McLaren
Image
source: https://www.grandprix247.com/2017/04/22 ... -consider/

The great Dale Earnhardt "The Intimidator" of course. I remember being amazed time after time when he'd sit back in about 10th place for most of the race and then simply pass everyone with 20 laps left.
Image
source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/494481234057559146/

Helio Castroneves
Image
source: https://www.yahoo.com/news/castroneves- ... 31539.html


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
3 Days till the Australian GP
Dale.
Image
Source: https://66.media.tumblr.com/0f8f887fc3d ... 1_1280.jpg

Bobby Rahal winning in Toronto
Image
Source: https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/images/mgl ... -rahal.jpg

Al Unser Jr. in the Indy winning Galmer.
Image
Source: https://c1.staticflickr.com/7/6049/6220 ... 1742_b.jpg

Joey Dunlop 1984 HRC-Honda-NS500
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/37/de/eb ... 9fff32.jpg

Wayne Rainey
Image
Source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... y_1989.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7550
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4707
Image

Jackie Stewart, Matra MS80, British GP at Silverstone 1969, winner.

Source: f1i.com

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Mort Canard, that is a splendid picture of Earnhardt. I looked for a long time and could not find one as good, nicely done.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
jimmyj wrote:
Mort Canard, that is a splendid picture of Earnhardt. I looked for a long time and could not find one as good, nicely done.


jimmyj Thanks! You posted while I was building my post and I didn't see your stuff till after I submitted.

I like your Lone Star J.R. McLaren and your Helio pics also. :thumbup:

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:51 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:46 am
Posts: 608
Just 1 day to go to FP1. :] :D :nod: :thumbup:

Image

source: https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/

_________________
too fast to slow down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 731
I'm lost... Is it day 2, 1 ? Shouldn'd it be day 3 ?... anyway, yesterday was number 3 for Mr Canard and Jimmyj (those Indycars looked wildly powerful...), so let's go for number 2.


Williams FW 15 - Last race at Monaco for Alain Prost - 1993

Image


And Surtees again (last but one). With Arundell in the Lotus 25, at Zandvoort -1964

Image

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7550
Location: Mumbai, India
Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1805
Location: Far side of Koozebane
Harpo wrote:
I'm lost... Is it day 2, 1 ? Shouldn'd it be day 3 ?... anyway, yesterday was number 3 for Mr Canard and Jimmyj (those Indycars looked wildly powerful...), so let's go for number 2.


This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Britain- 19) - 128 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 330 trophies available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:22 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 731
Jezza13 wrote:
This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days


So it's day 1... Does that mean that the ones, including myself, being one day down, can overtake the pace car to finish on the same day as the leading car driven by Unlikeuday (no need to wonder why we made a mess of the countdown, with such an alias at the start of it) ?

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Harpo wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days


So it's day 1... Does that mean that the ones, including myself, being one day down, can overtake the pace car to finish on the same day as the leading car driven by Unlikeuday (no need to wonder why we made a mess of the countdown, with such an alias at the start of it) ?


This started about Feb 21. Another testimony to getting consensus on an online forum ha ha ha. Uday has had it right all along!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
In an effort to get caught up I will do 2 posts today!

Stoffel Vandoorne
Image
Source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vand ... n/3163965/

Rusty Wallace
Image
source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/557953841310794144/

Juan Montoya
Image
source: http://americancarsamericangirls.com/sh ... o-montoya/

Mario Andretti in the car he won the 500 in at 1969
Image
source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/296463587940919721/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:02 am
Posts: 1805
Location: Far side of Koozebane
jimmyj wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days


So it's day 1... Does that mean that the ones, including myself, being one day down, can overtake the pace car to finish on the same day as the leading car driven by Unlikeuday (no need to wonder why we made a mess of the countdown, with such an alias at the start of it) ?


This started about Feb 21. Another testimony to getting consensus on an online forum ha ha ha.


But for you jimmyj wont FP1 be on evening of Thursday 14th?

So if that's the case, you'll actually be able to watch FP1 a day before it's on.

_________________
Races since last non RB, Merc, Ferrari winner (After Britain- 19) - 128 & counting.( Last win, Lotus, 17/3/13)

Non RB, Merc, Ferrari podiums won in Hybrid era - 330 trophies available, 23 won

2017 WCC CPTTC - Jalopy Racing (Herb & Me)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:44 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
2 Days till the Australian GP.
Mario Andretti at Indianpolis 1969
Image
Source: https://cdn-5.motorsport.com/static/img ... dretti.jpg

D'oh, jimmyj beat me with the same pic. So here's one on track.
Image
Source: https://autoweek.com/sites/default/file ... ti1969.jpg

David Hobbs BMW 320i Turbo at Hallett, Ok.
Image
Source: https://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads ... 122488.jpg

Mike Hailwood before the race.
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/f4/ee/0d/f4ee ... 4211c8.jpg

Dick Mann on the Honda.
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e8/65/af/e865 ... bbd929.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Last edited by Mort Canard on Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
Harpo wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days


So it's day 1... Does that mean that the ones, including myself, being one day down, can overtake the pace car to finish on the same day as the leading car driven by Unlikeuday (no need to wonder why we made a mess of the countdown, with such an alias at the start of it) ?


I have been checking with this site periodically. https://days.to/until/17-march I guess they figure to midnight on March 17.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Now to #1 (I want to respect Uday's post so I'll stay with his #s)

Simon Pagenaud
Image
source: http://openwheel33.com/2017-indycar-1/

Lewis with a #1 at Abu Dhabi
Image
source: https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14027 ... n-1-on-car

Alain Prost
Image
source: http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Alain+Pros ... v4NNPiv5az

Ayrton Senna
Image
source: https://beyondtheflag.com/2019/01/30/fo ... mpionship/

Michael Schumacher
Image
source: https://www.motorsport.com/f1/photos/mi ... /15023593/

Fernando Alonso
Image
source: https://www.favcars.com/renault-r26-2006-images-302748

I could do this all day!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Jezza13 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days


So it's day 1... Does that mean that the ones, including myself, being one day down, can overtake the pace car to finish on the same day as the leading car driven by Unlikeuday (no need to wonder why we made a mess of the countdown, with such an alias at the start of it) ?


This started about Feb 21. Another testimony to getting consensus on an online forum ha ha ha.


But for you jimmyj wont FP1 be on evening of Thursday 14th?

So if that's the case, you'll actually be able to watch FP1 a day before it's on.


I told my wife I'm moving to Australia so there can't be any mistakes!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7550
Location: Mumbai, India
The countdown was planned to end tomorrow as the start of the Australian weekend was the objective. Hence, 1 day is today & chequered flag / 0 is tomorrow!

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4707
jimmyj wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
jimmyj wrote:
Harpo wrote:
Jezza13 wrote:
This thread has descended into chaos I tells ya.

Today we've had a 3, a 2 & a 1.

Someone's screwing around with the space time continuum here.

Edit: Ok so did some sums.

Uday started this thread on Nov 26 & on that day he said there was 110 days until the first day of the AGP weekend, which means day zero should be Friday, which is the first day. The way i've worked it out, 110 days from & including Nov 26, is indeed Friday March 15.

110 -
5 days (Nov) = 105 days to go
31 days (Dec) = 74 days to go
31 days (Jan) = 43 days to go
28 days (Feb) = 15 days to go
15 days March = 0 days


So it's day 1... Does that mean that the ones, including myself, being one day down, can overtake the pace car to finish on the same day as the leading car driven by Unlikeuday (no need to wonder why we made a mess of the countdown, with such an alias at the start of it) ?


This started about Feb 21. Another testimony to getting consensus on an online forum ha ha ha.


But for you jimmyj wont FP1 be on evening of Thursday 14th?

So if that's the case, you'll actually be able to watch FP1 a day before it's on.


I told my wife I'm moving to Australia so there can't be any mistakes!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:26 am
Posts: 731
jimmyj wrote:
Uday has had it right all along!


I don't want to point at anyone, but you and I followed respectfully UnlikeUday's former schedule, and I get the impression that he took advantage of our confidence at one moment to jump one number...

So number one... Lotus 49 - Graham Hill - Spain 1969 - Being the reigning champion doesn't prevent you from getting a little problem with your car.

Image
From http://img07.deviantart.net


Matra 670 - 1973 - François Cévert

Image
https://i.pinimg.com


And the last Surtees pic, driving THE racing car... Nurburgring 1000 km - 1966

Image
From https://66.media.tumblr.com

_________________
As my brother said : "I've got the brain of a four year old. I'll bet he was glad to be rid of it".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 2:46 am
Posts: 608
aaaah, finally, the D-Day of FP1. :D :nod:

let's wrap up the countdown with car number 0.

Image

source: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/


enjoy a marvelous weekend, everyone! ;) :nod:

_________________
too fast to slow down


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:56 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
I am saving my #1 post for tomorrow morning. See ya then.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
1 Day till the Australian GP

Number 1, The number of champions
Michael Schumacher in the Ferrari
Image
Source: https://www.circusf1.com/wp-content/upl ... FOTO-3.jpg

Mario Andretti in the Lotus
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/96/51/86 ... 628a92.jpg

Niki Lauda in the Brabham BT46 (not the fan car)
Image
Source: http://img04.deviantart.net/ab1b/i/2012 ... 5nsvtw.jpg

Giacomo Agostini at the Isle of Man at Bray Hill.
Image
Source: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/c8/a0 ... 437f26.jpg

John Surtees - MV Augusta
Image
Source: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yBFQFmOizag/ ... Agusta.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Alrighty then, 0 it is
Image
source: https://ca.motorsport.com/alms/photos/0 ... /19959984/

Mike Bliss
Image
source: https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/daytona ... -day-zero/

Dan Gurney
Image
source: https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/daytona ... -day-zero/

A J Foyt
Image
source: https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/daytona ... -day-zero/

Chase Austin
Image
source: https://www.speedsport-magazine.com/mot ... ng-an-oil/

Jody Scheckter
Image
source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/684265737107149265/

My sentimental favourite would be Buckshot Jones, sometimes called the unluckiest man in Nascar. We went to races back then, and he had loyal fans who would stand up and point at his car as it went past their seats in the stands every lap of the race. Hilarious.
Image
source: https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/view/up ... ng-an-oil/


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:28 pm 
Online

Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 am
Posts: 1148
Location: UK
Mort Canard wrote:
1 Day till the Australian GP


John Surtees - MV Augusta
Image
Source: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yBFQFmOizag/ ... Agusta.jpg


Great pic but what you don't get from the image is the sound that MV Augusta made.....forget about the sound of the V8 the MV was simply awesome compared to the two strokes!



.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:29 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
jimmyj wrote:
Alrighty then, 0 it is
Image
source: https://ca.motorsport.com/alms/photos/0 ... /19959984/

Mike Bliss
Image
source: https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/daytona ... -day-zero/

Dan Gurney
Image
source: https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/daytona ... -day-zero/

A J Foyt
Image
source: https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/daytona ... -day-zero/

Chase Austin
Image
source: https://www.speedsport-magazine.com/mot ... ng-an-oil/

Jody Scheckter
Image
source: https://www.pinterest.ca/pin/684265737107149265/

My sentimental favourite would be Buckshot Jones, sometimes called the unluckiest man in Nascar. We went to races back then, and he had loyal fans who would stand up and point at his car as it went past their seats in the stands every lap of the race. Hilarious.
Image
source: https://www.upi.com/News_Photos/view/up ... ng-an-oil/


Can't Forget Danny "On the Gas" Ongais in the Porsche 935.

Image
Source: http://cdn-1.motorsport.com/static/img/ ... he-935.jpg

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
Option or Prime wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
1 Day till the Australian GP


John Surtees - MV Augusta
Image
Source: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yBFQFmOizag/ ... Agusta.jpg


Great pic but what you don't get from the image is the sound that MV Augusta made.....forget about the sound of the V8 the MV was simply awesome compared to the two strokes!



.


:thumbup: :nod:



Yeah, I know that the sound doesn't compare when heard through computer speakers but you do get an idea.

_________________
Mission WinLater


Last edited by Mort Canard on Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:53 pm
Posts: 7550
Location: Mumbai, India
My all time favourite driver, helmet design & driver-number combo:

Image
Source - www.imgur.com

_________________
Feel The Fourth


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 9617
Has there been a -1 ever (or any negative number)? :lol:

_________________
Räikkönen - Vettel - Bottas
Thank you Nico - You´re the champ!

PF1 Pick 10 Competition 2016: CHAMPION (2 wins, 8 podiums)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Mort Canard wrote:
Option or Prime wrote:
Mort Canard wrote:
1 Day till the Australian GP


John Surtees - MV Augusta
Image
Source: https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-yBFQFmOizag/ ... Agusta.jpg


Great pic but what you don't get from the image is the sound that MV Augusta made.....forget about the sound of the V8 the MV was simply awesome compared to the two strokes!



.


:thumbup: :nod:



Yeah, I know that the sound doesn't compare when heard through computer speakers but you do get an idea.

Holy smokes that is awesome!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:53 pm
Posts: 1776
Location: Canada
Covalent wrote:
Has there been a -1 ever (or any negative number)? :lol:

If it's going to happen, it will be this year :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:51 am
Posts: 4707
Covalent wrote:
Has there been a -1 ever (or any negative number)? :lol:

Image

Easy with that one, Covalent! :) I see -1, do you as well? :lol:

Niki Lauda, Brabham BT45C, Brazilian GP 1978, and it was a podium finish, 3rd.

Source: motorsportimages.com
Copyright: LAT

_________________
The end is near


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:58 am
Posts: 1017
Location: Kansas
A big thanks to UnlikeUday for getting us started on this countdown to this years first Grand Prix. For me it helped stave off both cabin fever and withdrawal from the lack of racing.

....and now (at least from the perspective of North Americans) there will be a Grand Prix Tonight!!! :thumbup: :D

_________________
Mission WinLater


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DOLOMITE, FormulaFun, Google Adsense [Bot], j man, JN23, mikeyg123, sandman1347, scouseknight and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group